Weight and working out (2 Viewers)

Kieranp96

[CHARGE=][/CHARGE]

Anyone here had there own weight loss story? Im currently in the process of my weight loss journey started 2020 at 170kg currently 139kg, about to diet and trying to find people who are or who have lost weight to talk and what not .

Nick

Administrator
I did a proper job a couple of years ago, did Keto and lost a fair bit but then was struggling in strength training and smelt pizza so it all went to shit.

I need to though.

Kieranp96

I did a proper job a couple of years ago, did Keto and lost a fair bit but then was struggling in strength training and smelt pizza so it all went to shit.

I need to though.
Ive looked into keto but it's not worth it for me as I don't actually like many veggies I'm currently planning for 0 carbs, aka carnivore diet, I didn't gain weight from oder eating it was more over drinking like 4/6 litres of fizzy drinks a day so I'm hoping going on a diet and cutting out all fizzy drinks even diet I can get down to about 100kg by Xmas.
If you want to we could try compete with one another compare walking weightless ect give each other some motivation.

Nick

Administrator
Ive looked into keto but it's not worth it for me as I don't actually like many veggies I'm currently planning for 0 carbs, aka carnivore diet, I didn't gain weight from oder eating it was more over drinking like 4/6 litres of fizzy drinks a day so I'm hoping going on a diet and cutting out all fizzy drinks even diet I can get down to about 100kg by Xmas.
If you want to we could try compete with one another compare walking weightless ect give each other some motivation.

to be fair, Keto might be OK for you as its zero carb and high fat.

Its hard to start off with but when your body gets used to it you will feel better. I had so much energy, wasnt ever tired like I am now and then wasnt a fat c**t like I am now :)

It was loads of effort preparing food though, if I had a chef I could do it easy.

There was a thread called "Lose the Gut" but its old now so consider this the new one!

Kieranp96

to be fair, Keto might be OK for you as its zero carb and high fat.
While on keto what was it you ate mostly?

80/20 beef mince or other stuff, like my current plan is just to eat beef every single day for 6 months with some eggs and maybe some bacon. Results in ketosis just a little more strict on what you eat.

I have a gut but I tell you what for my size I look OK, most of my weight is my arms ass and legs.

But yea I would love to have a few others here who also are doing the same and wouldn't mind giving each other some motivation.

Nick

Administrator
While on keto what was it you ate mostly?

80/20 beef mince or other stuff, like my current plan is just to eat beef every single day for 6 months with some eggs and maybe some bacon. Results in ketosis just a little more strict on what you eat.

I have a gut but I tell you what for my size I look OK, most of my weight is my arms ass and legs.

But ye ai would love to have a few others here who also are doing the same and wouldn't mind giving each other some motivation.

Yeah loads of meat, tubs of full cream, butter in coffee etc, special lasagne with no pasta, chicken etc.

I had some MCT oil I'd put in coffee too, that seemed to help with the ketosis :)

hill83

I've been 11 stone since I was 18 so I've never been on a diet and I don't necessarily eat healthily and I drink.

But purely anecdotal, I don't snack. I don't eat crisps or chocolate or anything like that. Never really have. One mars bar is about a 45 minute jog to burn off, fuck that.

Breakfast (sometimes)
Lunch
Dinner.

tom88

Since 4th May I was 101kg and now I’ve lost 7kg in weight. Been running more often, walking and watching what I eat. Still eat the odd bit of chocolate as I’m not being 100% strict.

Nick

Administrator
I've been 11 stone since I was 18 so I've never been on a diet and I don't necessarily eat healthily and I drink.

But purely anecdotal, I don't snack. I don't eat crisps or chocolate or anything like that. Never really have. One mars bar is about a 45 minute jog to burn off, fuck that.

Breakfast (sometimes)
Lunch
Dinner.

Thats the difference, I get hungry and just snack. Laziness!

The other thing about Keto is no beer, so was just on Rum and Sugar Free Coke all the time.

Kieranp96

Breakfast (sometimes)
Lunch
Dinner.
I was nearly 27 stone 'puke face' I'm only 23 atm nearly 24 but time for a change and a massive one.

hill83

Sound like you are doing really well. It will only get easier over time as well.

Kieranp96

Thats the difference, I get hungry and just snack. Laziness!

The other thing about Keto is no beer, so was just on Rum and Sugar Free Coke all the time.
I may just get on keto then, all depends. On budget only have like £30/35 pw my rent takes most my wages - _-, I don't mind cooking neither as long as it dosnt take hours as I work 10/12 hours a day so don't really have crazy time and I've been walking around Coombe for past 3 weeks since lockdown been clocking up about 17/20k steps per day.

Marty

[CHARGE=][/CHARGE]

Anyone here had there own weight loss story? Im currently in the process of my weight loss journey started 2020 at 170kg currently 139kg, about to diet and trying to find people who are or who have lost weight to talk and what not .

Thats amazing work mate, you should be proud of yourself.

I lost just over 6 stone of weight too a couple of years back, and it's amazing the changes you go through both physically and mentally, I piled on the weight after destroying my knee (12 years later still have problems with it). Life is so much better when you're slimmer, just basic things like walking up stairs, then you have the good stuff like women throwing themselves at you.

The fat acceptance movement that you now see is bullshit and dangerous.

Nick

Administrator
I may just get on keto then, all depends. On budget only have like £30/35 pw my rent takes most my wages - _-, I don't mind cooking neither as long as it dosnt take hours as I work 10/12 hours a day so don't really have crazy time and I've been walking around Coombe for past 3 weeks since lockdown been clocking up about 17/20k steps per day.

I saved money doing it as I was preparing all my meals. I wasn't going to the shop to buy crap at lunchtime or anything.

I just ended up being too lazy and got a pizza in one night.

Nick

Administrator
I would go gym but 1) lockdown there all closed and 2) I'm way to embarrassed to stpw foot in there.

Nah don't be embarassed, it depends which one you go to.

I don't like the ones full of gimps in the mirror at all. After the first couple of times you will notice everybody is in the same boat and don't bat an eyelid.

tom88

I would go gym but 1) lockdown there all closed and 2) I'm way to embarrassed to stpw foot in there.

anyone who laughs at a “larger” person in the gym trying to take control of their weight and better themselves is the joke mate.

If you feel like that I would recommend paying the extra for a health and beauty gym membership rather than the cheaper alternatives like pure gym as this Tends to attract more arseholes.

Kieranp96

I saved money doing it as I was preparing all my meals. I wasn't going to the shop to buy crap at lunchtime or anything.

I just ended up being too lazy and got a pizza in one night.
There's keto pizza now , ima spend a few hours looking more into keto, I don't do coffee though but I drink a fudge ton of water per day so, just a matter of hitting my targets.

Last edited:

Marty

It's literally the only time people have in the day that they can 100% focus on themselves and their goals, you may get the odd glance from someone but they won't be negative, they will be happy that someone is trying to improve their life. Trust me, gyms are the place they're made out to be.

Nick

Administrator
On Bulk Powders they did zero calorie flavouring which I had a lot of. - Zero Calorie Syrup™

You dont need to buy the fancy stuff in shops, theres loads of decent recipes. Cook more extra at night and put it in a tub for the next day :)

Last edited:

Kieranp96

Nah don't be embarassed, it depends which one you go to.

I don't like the ones full of gimps in the mirror at all. After the first couple of times you will notice everybody is in the same boat and don't bat an eyelid.
There all full of people who love them self's, probaly why there in there and I've been sat on my ass I don't love myself , I would happily but gym stuff for the house but the price of it just puts you off.

Nick

Administrator
It's literally the only time people have in the day that they can 100% focus on themselves and their goals, you may get the odd glance from someone but they won't be negative, they will be happy that someone is trying to improve their life. Trust me, gyms are the place they're made out to be.

I have been in a few where pricks stand about taking pictures of themselves, do a few reps then go home. I didn't use those much, Pure Gym in town as terrible for it.

The smaller ones are usually the best, yeah there will be a few more meatheads but they are more community like who will help out and give you a bit of motivation.

Kieranp96

All I do is walk though I don't want to be running my tits slap against my self and that's enough to put me off running for now anyway, maybe when I'm at a better weight I would consider running, and other exercises.

Nick

Administrator
There all full of people who love them self's, probaly why there in there and I've been sat on my ass I don't love myself , I would happily but gym stuff for the house but the price of it just puts you off.

Not all of them are like it. Where abouts are you?

When lockdown is over, have a look at boot camps and stuff like that too. Yeah the first couple will be daunting if you go on your own but after that it's no bother.

You would feel amazing after.

hill83

I have been in a few where pricks stand about taking pictures of themselves, do a few reps then go home. I didn't use those much, Pure Gym in town as terrible for it.

The smaller ones are usually the best, yeah there will be a few more meatheads but they are more community like who will help out and give you a bit of motivation.

6:00pm. Disco muscle workout. Pose, photo, pub.

hill83

When lockdown is over, have a look at boot camps and stuff like that too. Yeah the first couple will be daunting if you go on your own but after that it's no bother.

Yeah my mate does boot camps. Flipping tyres in the rain in a field etc. Loves it and made a few friends from it too. And way less judgement than a gym.

hill83

Ive used them a fair bit, I have realised the pictures are always misleading. They have the food out of packaging and in packaging in the pictures so it looks like its more.

Sometimes just going to a decent butcher you can get more for the money.

Yeah 100% you can get better at a butchers. It's worth looking at the healthy meals and snacks though. Although you are paying a premium.

Kieranp96

I'm by the hospital, only 2 gyms by me as far as I'm aware the school one at caludon Castle and the one up in Willenhall not sure what it's called maybe future fitness or something.

Red corner aswell but that's a boxing gym I think.

Marty

All I do is walk though I don't want to be running my tits slap against my self and that's enough to put me off running for now anyway, maybe when I'm at a better weight I would consider running, and other exercises.

That's all good mate, everyone starts somewhere, keep it up and you'll be fighting them off before you know it.

Nick

Administrator
Yeah my mate does boot camps. Flipping tyres in the rain in a field etc. Loves it and made a few friends from it too. And way less judgement than a gym.

To be honest I much prefer going to the boxing gym where it's spit and sawdust than something like PureGym.

In those you feel like you have to do more and not be a pussy so you don't look silly.

Kieranp96

Yeah 100% you can get better at a butchers. It's worth looking at the healthy meals and snacks though. Although you are paying a premium.
Honestly I don't snack not even at my heaviest I normally just eat omad, that meal is normally really un healthy but I don't do breakfast and lunch as normally at work busting my balls off and I just want 30 mins to relax rather than walking to get food.

RedSalmon

A few years ago I noticed I was getting a bit 'heavy' so had to do something about it as am not very tall and was beginning to look barrel shaped. Changed what I ate, and like Hill said, stopped snacking on crisps and chocolate. Made sure I always had a bowl of porridge in the morning and about 10.30 would have some fruit and nuts top keep me going (very filling). Wholemeal bread for a sandwich at dinner time.
I think it's about changing your lifestyle because if you only do it until you get to the weight you want you will pile it all on again. I like to do weights so am probably a bit heavier than my GP would like, but its muscle on my chest and shoulders. Am happy with my shape so won't change what I am doing. Still like a beer but stopped drinking at home, and that made a big difference.

Users who are viewing this thread