Weight and working out (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Honestly I don't snack not even at my heaviest I normally just eat omad, that meal is normally really un healthy but I don't do breakfast and lunch as normally at work busting my balls off and I just want 30 mins to relax rather than walking to get food.

Prepare something the night before, cook a bit extra than you usually would.

You will find you actually save money too!

Marty

Yeah 100% you can get better at a butchers. It's worth looking at the healthy meals and snacks though. Although you are paying a premium.

Butchers are no more expensive then the supermarkets, but you get better quality.

Oh, avoid protein shakes too, they're crap, chocolate nesquik and full fat milk are the almost perfect recovery drink.

Kieranp96

Butchers are no more expensive then the supermarkets, but you get better quality.

Oh, avoid protein shakes too, they're crap, chocolate nesquik and full fat milk are the almost perfect recovery drink.
Any butchers you recommend? Only one I've ever stepped foot in is wholesale meats with my mum like 10 years ago.

Nick

Administrator
Any butchers you recommend? Only one I've ever stepped foot in is wholesale meats with my mum like 10 years ago.

I went in there once and it fucking stunk, don't bother there!

Have a look for local ones by you, sometimes you can just go in and say give me loads of stuff for £50 and you will get more than you would from Muscle Foods. Then just freeze it.

I think 80% of it is not being lazy and preparing stuff, I am failing at that.

Kieranp96

I went in there once and it fucking stunk, don't bother there!

Have a look for local ones by you, sometimes you can just go in and say give me loads of stuff for £50 and you will get more than you would from Muscle Foods. Then just freeze it.

I think 80% of it is not being lazy and preparing stuff, I am failing at that.
I only have a induction hob so I need to plan for that, I live in a house and landlord is doing the kitchen but won't come to the house atm due to the virus, so all I have is a microwave and induction hob to fey shit.

Marty

I use Ron Barkers on the Hollyhead Road, I usually spend about £30 and freeze half of it for the following week.

Nick

Administrator
I only have a induction hob so I need to plan for that, I live in a house and landlord is doing the kitchen but won't come to the house atm due to the virus, so all I have is a microwave and induction hob to fey shit.

That's enough.

If you are trying to be Keto then most of it is fried in fat or butter anyway ;)

Flying Fokker

A bloke at my gym lost 9 st. Not a spring chicken either. The gym closed for a while due to maintenance. It drove him crazy. He then bought all his own kit. Clearly a prepper.

I shed 17kg. Two things. Ketogenic kickstart.lost 4kg. Then sensible eating. Lost 17kg. I don’t diet now. 88kg and cycling 100 plus miles per week at the moment. I haven’t had alcohol for 2 1/2 yrs.... that is probably the one thing that has made the difference.

Sky_Blue_Daz

At my heaviest I was just under 24 stone , I went on the cabbage soup diet as a kick start and lost 3 stone . And through a healthier diet and lots of exercise I got down to 16stone . Really got into running and done the half marathon a couple of years ago in a decent time of 2hours 8 minutes and 12 seconds

Was regularly running between 8/10 miles 3 or 4 times a week , broke my ankle and fibula last year. The only exercise I could do for a while was swimming and the cross trainer weight crept up to 17.5, started running again 7 weeks ago and down to 17

RedSalmon

Going on from what I said earlier, I used to run a bit (4 miles twice a week) but packed that in as I don't want to fuck up my knees. Got a turbo trainer and a bike and an ergo rower (luckily I have the space to put them) second hand off E Bay. They allow me to do a CV workout as and when it suits me.

The best butcher I have come across is Taylors in Earlsdon. Bit expensive but worth the money. It really is a lifestyle thing and there are days when you really cannot be arsed to do any exercise at all...............thats when you really need to do it and get in the right mindset.

Skybluefaz

I would go gym but 1) lockdown there all closed and 2) I'm way to embarrassed to stpw foot in there.
No mate, don't let that stop you. I'm way over weight, about 19st at the minute, need to lose about 4st to be a weight I feel comfortable at. I started going to the gym quite regular before all this started though, I'm gutted I can't go now. Was at simply gym, only 17 quid a month but plenty of equipment and it's the weight training I'm missing. The point is though, yes you may be surrounded by people you perceive as fit, but they won't be judging you. If anyone is they are a c**t. Fuck them.

RedSalmon

No mate, don't let that stop you. I'm way over weight, about 19st at the minute, need to lose about 4st to be a weight I feel comfortable at. I started going to the gym quite regular before all this started though, I'm gutted I can't go now. Was at simply gym, only 17 quid a month but plenty of equipment and it's the weight training I'm missing. The point is though, yes you may be surrounded by people you perceive as fit, but they won't be judging you. If anyone is they are a c**t. Fuck them.

Very well put........fuck them!!
Also, remember that when you exercise you get an edorphin release which gives you a huge 'feel good factor'. Lots of positives to regular exercise, it's just getting started and sticking with it.

Rusty Trombone

Went from 14st 11lb to 12st 2lb a few years ago, over a period of 5 months, just cut out snacks in the week and exercised more, didn't feel as though I was really missing any food as I ate as I normally would at the weekend. Used to use a website where you entered what you ate and it added up the calories, and then you said how much exercise you did and it knocked those calories off. That helped with realising that having a chocolate biscuit really wasn't worth the exercise involved in burning it off.
I used Alan Higgs Centre, would recommend it, not really any posers in there, just normal people that are mainly doing their own thing, but will help you with knowing how to use the machines etc, I found the cross trainers worked best for me, low impact but got the calories burnt.
Heard lots of good things about this place too, haven't been myself though https://www.revolution-training.com/
I'm back up to nearly 14st again now, was hoping to do more exercise in lockdown, but have been too lazy, would like to get to 12st 6lb really. I'll start again tomorrow. Good luck to you.

TomRad85

I would go gym but 1) lockdown there all closed and 2) I'm way to embarrassed to stpw foot in there.
Most people in gyms are either checking out themselves or checking out someones arse out the corner of their eye while trying not to be obvious. Of course I don't do that... but trust me, you'll be fine.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

no_loyalty

I have put on a stone and a half since lockdown, going to try the 10 day Broccoli diet from Monday, Broccoli for breakfast is a bit weird though.

skyblueinBaku

It's a huge help if you can get a mate to go to the gym with you. You'll need someone to 'spot' for you when doing weights, and a good training partner will help with encouragement.

Kieranp96

It's a huge help if you can get a mate to go to the gym with you. You'll need someone to 'spot' for you when doing weights, and a good training partner will help with encouragement.
Non of my mates are gym goers there all skinny as fuck but can out eat me in all situations , they do like walking and cycling though.

hill83

I have put on a stone and a half since lockdown, going to try the 10 day Broccoli diet from Monday, Broccoli for breakfast is a bit weird though.

Not sure if you are being serious or not, but if you are. Things like this are completely unnecessary.

Sick Boy

I did a proper job a couple of years ago, did Keto and lost a fair bit but then was struggling in strength training and smelt pizza so it all went to shit.

I need to though.
You should give intermittent fasting a go, I have been doing it since January and it is really good - I only eat between 13:00 - 21:00 and feel much better for it. The first few days are tough but you soon get used to it.

clint van damme

You should give intermittent fasting a go, I have been doing it since January and it is really good - I only eat between 13:00 - 21:00 and feel much better for it. The first few days are tough but you soon get used to it.

Are you allowed to eat 24 mars bars and a chicken.korma in that time period?

Nick

Administrator
I can't, I need to eat

no_loyalty

Not sure if you are being serious or not, but if you are. Things like this are completely unnecessary.

I am being serious, what would you recommend instead?

Kieranp96

Quick update I'm doing a 72hour water fast before starting carnivore diet, somehow lost 4kg in a single day , but I'm sure as soon aa I consume even the tiniest of foods it will jump back on. In a few months hopefully I will be comfortable and l will drop a few photos in here.

RedSalmon

Quick update I'm doing a 72hour water fast before starting carnivore diet, somehow lost 4kg in a single day , but I'm sure as soon aa I consume even the tiniest of foods it will jump back on. In a few months hopefully I will be comfortable and l will drop a few photos in here.

Am I reading this right.............you are going without water for 72 hours?

SlowerThanPlatt

Some of the things on here are a bit insane. You don’t need to put yourself through eating broccoli for 5 days or going without water for 3 days to lose weight. It’s not a sudden overnight process. Making a commitment to a calorie deficit is sufficient, you want to eat about 200 calories lower than your maintenance at first

Calorie Calculator

Last edited:

Kieranp96

Some of the things on here are a bit insane. You don’t need to put yourself through eating broccoli for 5 days or going without water for 3 days to lose weight. It’s not a sudden overnight process. Making a commitment to a calorie deficit is sufficient, you want to eat about 200 calories lower than your maintenance at first

Calorie Calculator
I'm not doing a brocoli thing nor am I not drinkng water for 3 days.

Users who are viewing this thread