Weight and working out (4 Viewers)

stay_up_skyblues

Pre lockdown I picked up a good quality motorised treadmill on Schpock for £50. The ball ache was having to take it down at the sellers place and then put it back together at home.... took four hours in total and she only lived 3 miles away.

But it turned out to be a steal. I looked it up and the same ones brand new retail for £300+.

I now watch my Netflix shows while walking/running everyday instead of sitting down on my backside and it flies by.

During lockdown though people are asking for (and receiving) silly money for second hand fitness gear. What with the gyms closed and a lot of new stuff sold out.

Schpock is definitely worth a look when things get back to normal though. I will be after a decent quality weight bench and weights.

Kieranp96

Purchased some resistance bands and a mat so I can actually do some form of work out rather than just walking 10+ miles a day. Would of bought a row machine or multi gym but there so expensive for my budget, anyone got any suggestions for exercises to do apart from the basic pushup and sit ups.

skyblueinBaku

Purchased some resistance bands and a mat so I can actually do some form of work out rather than just walking 10+ miles a day. Would of bought a row machine or multi gym but there so expensive for my budget, anyone got any suggestions for exercises to do apart from the basic pushup and sit ups.
If you stand on the resistance bands, you can do exercises for biceps, triceps and shoulders.

win9nut

YouTube is my friend.
I know he's annoying but Joe Wicks does do some good HIIT sessions.

Kieranp96

YouTube is my friend.
I know he's annoying but Joe Wicks does do some good HIIT sessions.
I've checked load sout problem is non are weightloss workouts there all there busting their bollocks off and all ripped like the rock, want some perspective from someone who had been there.

tom88

I've checked load sout problem is non are weightloss workouts there all there busting their bollocks off and all ripped like the rock, want some perspective from someone who had been there.

That’s the beauty of HIIT training. It’s how many reps YOU can do it the space of 30 seconds. You basically push yourself to your absolute maximum.

LastGarrison

I've put this on here before but search "RapidFit - Health, Wellness and Personal Development." on Facebook.

These are free HIIT sessions run by a Cov lad, and formal Royal Marine, which are solely body weight exercises and you just do as much as you can. He and his wife also offer both free nutritional advice and a health coaching all free of charge. You don't have to do them live with him every morning as they are just recorded so you can do them whenever you like.

I lost over 4 stone joining his outdoor bootcamp (Go Commando Bootcamp) about 4 years ago so can testify what he does works. SkyBlueDaz also used to go as well.

My Missus also used to go but stopped enjoying so quit about 3 years ago but since lockdown started doing the Rapidfit sessions and her fitness in just 12 weeks has completely changed and was buzzing when she went shopping yesterday to find out she had dropped a dress size.

Worth having a look.

larry_david

Lost 11 lbs from Jan to middle Feb just by cutting out bread completely. Still don't have it except for the odd veggie burger I've started doing. From mid Feb to now I'm the same which is still about 5 lbs higher than I wanted but just can't seem to shift anymore. I've been running 4 times a week and started weights again, I'm wearing shirts and shorts a size down so I guess now I'm toning up without losing weight.

Ultimately it's just a number, I'm wearing medium t shirts quite comfortably now (except cov shirt as we know go a size up) so I'm relatively happy. I'm still going to get that 5 pounds off, there is belly and chest fat that could disappear so I'll keep running and weights and cut out the bread, sugar and drink as much as I can.

Might get a mat as I try sit ups on my floor and it kills my lower back

Marty

Had fish and chips for lunch today, have to say, felt tired and lethargic since, first time in 2 weeks I've had a bad meal, currently can't sleep and feel dehydrates.

Just shows what eating properly does to the body, can't wait to clear this out the system and get back rating healthy again.

Weighed myself earlier in the week and dropped 1.5kg in 10 days.

larry_david

Had fish and chips for lunch today, have to say, felt tired and lethargic since, first time in 2 weeks I've had a bad meal, currently can't sleep and feel dehydrates.

Just shows what eating properly does to the body, can't wait to clear this out the system and get back rating healthy again.

Were they worth it at the time though?

tom88

I used to eat quite a bit of junk food and chocolate. Since my weight loss Journey which started May 4th I’m limiting to 1 cheat meal a week which is a Monday afternoon as Monday morning is my official weigh in day. This week I had a dominos and the ice cream & cookies and never felt so tired, lethargic and disgusting for a long time.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I must be the exception. I've massively improved my diet over the past few years and have never had so many problems. Tiredness, lethargy, aches and pains.

But if I have a high fat meal I've got way more energy.

Kieranp96

I must be the exception. I've massively improved my diet over the past few years and have never had so many problems. Tiredness, lethargy, aches and pains.

But if I have a high fat meal I've got way more energy.
My whole diet/lifestyle change is around a high fat diet so I am hoping to god its works for me with energy

Sky_Blue_Daz

I’ve lost a bit now I’m running more ,a few of my shirts aren’t as snug as they were . We eat pretty healthy any way as my wife uses a lot of slimming world recipes my biggest downfall is beer particularly during lockdown

Brighton Sky Blue

Still finding it hard to get out for exercise with work but the weights have been nice to use while sat at a desk. Not used the mat much yet though.

Kieranp96

I’ve lost a bit now I’m running more ,a few of my shirts aren’t as snug as they were . We eat pretty healthy any way as my wife uses a lot of slimming world recipes my biggest downfall is beer particularly during lockdown
Beers a killer, stop the beer try spirits there not full of carbs :p.

Ring Of Steel

So I haven't seen my grandparents for atleast 4 months and they came to mine today to wish me a happy birthday and what not and the first thing they said was, jesus kieran you're losing weight, honestly made me feel so good about myself.

perfect- and like I said you won’t necessarily see it happen as you’ll be analysing it constantly, the trick is never get disheartened, it is happening

Kieranp96

i bought some jeans yesterday and found I’m now a 32 waist, that was my own personal moment of elation after 5.5 months of hard sweat and toil :)
Jesus, I'm a 42" waist atleast the jeans I wear are but I'm pulling them up every 2 seconds at the moment they are a year old so I did buy them at my heaviest so.

lifeskyblue

Have lost a stone since start of lockdown...gardening, walking. and indoor rowing (bought a machine 2weeks into lockdown). Only problem is that the rower is in conservatory and it’s too hot...so it’s row, sweat, lots of water, shower.
Got a rower on recommendation of a poster on here (Herne bay gaz)...and have to say it’s helped by building up slowly and I do feel fitter and healthier.
Will I be able to stay at 11st once pubs, restaurants etc reopen? Yes hat will be hard bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kieranp96

You do need a fair bit of room, I have to do it in the garden.
I also have been doing it in my garden but I had to do it in my backroom the other day as it was raining, I can't lie I have plenty of room I live in a 3 bedroomed house alone, plus I have a huge garden.

Kieranp96

Have lost a stone since start of lockdown...gardening, walking. and indoor rowing (bought a machine 2weeks into lockdown). Only problem is that the rower is in conservatory and it’s too hot...so it’s row, sweat, lots of water, shower.
Got a rower on recommendation of a poster on here (Herne bay gaz)...and have to say it’s helped by building up slowly and I do feel fitter and healthier.
Will I be able to stay at 11st once pubs, restaurants etc reopen? Yes hat will be hard bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've considered equipment but it's too expensive for me at the moment so looking for exercises that don't require equipment, I have jump ropes dumbells matt and resistant bands although the 50kg resistance bands suck.

Users who are viewing this thread