We want to go home (1 Viewer)

Bill Glazier

Can I just say I don't think the fan who ran on the pitch is a prick at all. I'm 57 and hated all the hooliganism of the 70s and 80's to the point of not attending matches for several years and never thought I'd hear myself condoning any kind of pitch invasion but I thought he was brave and principled. I don't know what the tv commentariat said but to be honest I don't care. Well done mate. You've got 100 times the integrity of the pond life that own our club.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Can I just say I don't think the fan who ran on the pitch is a prick at all. I'm 57 and hated all the hooliganism of the 70s and 80's to the point of not attending matches for several years and never thought I'd hear myself condoning any kind of pitch invasion but I thought he was brave and principled. I don't know what the tv commentariat said but to be honest I don't care. Well done mate. You've got 100 times the integrity of the pond life that own our club.

To me he was making a point no aggression which I think the stewards realised hence the low key response. Mind you will still cost him a grand.

Specs WT-R75

Great support SBA. sounded great on tv. Pity about the prick going on the pitch. Lost respect of the tv pundits. And those at home.

Although I haven't watched the TV coverage, the guy on the pitch was, in my opinion not that bad. Ran on with a plain white tshirt with Keep Cov In Cov etc messages in sky blue. Stayed in the middle of the Arsenal half clapping all 4 sides of the pitch and bowing to the fans. Clearly wasn't looking for trouble, and also fair play to Arsenal stewards for not going OTT on the guy. Clarke walked up to the guy gave him a hug [not sure] and a hand shake, walked him towards the manager area where the stewards walked him round the ground to good applause from Arsenal fans...

It was all going smashing until the SBA started pelting him with the screwed up WHY/WHEN paper (how convenient). TBH I thought that was a touch harsh... he was not happy at us from the look on his face! I was chanting "he wants to go home..."

Otis

Hopefully some rich person will see the potential and buy us out of this mess.

Less hopeful on SISU taking any notice.

Everyone knows this is an absurd situation. Very unusual tactic to annoy most of its customers.

To be honest BT sport coverage may be more effective than the protest since last July.

Think the only rich person seeing potential after last night would be a paper recycler.

lewys33

Although I haven't watched the TV coverage, the guy on the pitch was, in my opinion not that bad. Ran on with a plain white tshirt with Keep Cov In Cov etc messages in sky blue. Stayed in the middle of the Arsenal half clapping all 4 sides of the pitch and bowing to the fans. Clearly wasn't looking for trouble, and also fair play to Arsenal stewards for not going OTT on the guy. Clarke walked up to the guy gave him a hug [not sure] and a hand shake, walked him towards the manager area where the stewards walked him round the ground to good applause from Arsenal fans...

It was all going smashing until the SBA started pelting him with the screwed up WHY/WHEN paper (how convenient). TBH I thought that was a touch harsh... he was not happy at us from the look on his face! I was chanting "he wants to go home..."

I think that is an unfair summary.....

all the cov fans were cheering and clapping him. There was limited "pelting" which was surely aimed more at the stewards?

Specs WT-R75

I think that is an unfair summary.....

all the cov fans were cheering and clapping him. There was limited "pelting" which was surely aimed more at the stewards?

It looked to me that he was REALLY angry at the Cov fans that were giving him stick and pelting him... I am happy to stand corrected if he was just "in the moment" :)

skybluejelly

It looked to me that he was REALLY angry at the Cov fans that were giving him stick and pelting him... I am happy to stand corrected if he was just "in the moment" :)

Don't think he was angry .. Was just trying to push his belly out to make sure the sisu out logo was shown

Users who are viewing this thread