We should be beating teams like this..... (1 Viewer)

ps1948

I expect that the sites of Bournemouth, Fulham, Huddersfield, Luton, Millwall and Swansea will be full of people wondering how they didn't beat/lost to their opponents today.
We have now played against all but 3 of the teams in the league - I thought Swansea were the best team I'd seen so far, but apart from the Luton anomaly, we have been in every game so far, and we are 5th in a very tough league.
We should also remember the two games against Bournemouth last year where we were so out of our depth that we were flattered by the size of the defeats.

slowpoke

We are a good team been saying it for weeks and are where we are from ability and imo should be at least 10 points better off. We drew today with three main players missing Hamer, Rose & JCS If Robins is allowed to strengthen the team in January with a couple of better players the play-offs beckon.

Terry Gibson's perm

I thought Fulham were the best team and I never felt confident even at 4-1, they will win the league by miles.

TomRad85

When Mitrovic is bothered the rest can afford to not turn up. One of many players far too good for this league but never able to cut it in the PL
Still think he'd be OK in an average prem team tbh. He's one dimensional but he'd get goals, it's just he's always played for crap prem teams.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

TomRad85

Well as and when he plays for one of them we'll see how he does.
Doubt he'll leave, they'll be up again next season, he probably lives in a super posh part of London and he's paid a fucking fortune... hmmm I've just suddenly realised the appeal of Fulham.

pusbccfc

Bournemouth were the best team we've played. Kept the ball like Swansea but an awful lot more threatening. Today was the first time I felt we were a step below the opposition. Although this may be down to the way we were set up and missing key players.

Glad we nabbed something from Bournemouth because they were time wasting, throwing themselves at the ground for every tackle and the fans kept hammering the referee for some good decisions.

QPR and Blackburn were decent too but still felt we were as good.

Brighton Sky Blue

Doubt he'll leave, they'll be up again next season, he probably lives in a super posh part of London and he's paid a fucking fortune... hmmm I've just suddenly realised the appeal of Fulham.

Made my day seeing him just run into one of our players then scream Serbian profanity at the ref for not giving anything.

pusbccfc

Still think he'd be OK in an average prem team tbh. He's one dimensional but he'd get goals, it's just he's always played for crap prem teams.

Always thought he'd do well at Burnley. Not sure they'd throw 20m at him.

TomRad85

Made my day seeing him just run into one of our players then scream Serbian profanity at the ref for not giving anything.
We stood up to him so well, he absolutely destroys most defences at this level. Proud day.

TomRad85

Always thought he'd do well at Burnley. Not sure they'd throw 20m at him.
I think you're right, he probably would do well at Burnley. I'm not sure players leave Fulham for Burnley mind, even though Burnley are fairly established and Fulham are the dictionary definition of yo-yo.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

No such team has come in for him mind

Did see a rumour on the BBC website that Juve were looking at him.

Almost certainly wishful thinking on my part, but if he were to leave in Jan it might just level it up a bit more.

Maybe a team struggling at the bottom of the PL might take a desperate punt on him to save their season

TomRad85

Did see a rumour on the BBC website that Juve were looking at him.

Almost certainly wishful thinking on my part, but if he were to leave in Jan it might just level it up a bit more.

Maybe a team struggling at the bottom of the PL might take a desperate punt on him to save their season
I can't see him leaving a team destined to go up for a team likely to go down at this point.

Reppz

I expect that the sites of Bournemouth, Fulham, Huddersfield, Luton, Millwall and Swansea will be full of people wondering how they didn't beat/lost to their opponents today.
We have now played against all but 3 of the teams in the league - I thought Swansea were the best team I'd seen so far, but apart from the Luton anomaly, we have been in every game so far, and we are 5th in a very tough league.
We should also remember the two games against Bournemouth last year where we were so out of our depth that we were flattered by the size of the defeats.
“5th in a very tough league”?

this is the worst standard Championship there has ever been

PVA

When Mitrovic is bothered the rest can afford to not turn up. One of many players far too good for this league but never able to cut it in the PL

Harsh to say he'll never cut it at PL level.

Scored 11 in 37 for a relegated Fulham and 9 in 34 for a relegated Newcastle.

Admittedly only scored 3 in 27 last time but Fulham were dreadful.

Brighton Sky Blue

Harsh to say he'll never cut it at PL level.

Scored 11 in 37 for a relegated Fulham and 9 in 34 for a relegated Newcastle.

Admittedly only scored 3 in 27 last time but Fulham were dreadful.

Didn’t say he never will. But he does seem content just being a big fish rather than really stretching himself.

Reppz

Said Coincidently because we are in the top six
Am I wrong? With the exception of Bournemouth and Fulham I would not be surprised if any team finished in a play-off spot.

This is the best chance we’ll ever have which makes me all the more frustrated with Robins’ defeatist tactics

Brighton Sky Blue

Am I wrong? With the exception of Bournemouth and Fulham I would not be surprised if any team finished in a play-off spot.

This is the best chance we’ll ever have which makes me all the more frustrated with Robins’ defeatist tactics

How would you have set them up yesterday?

Sick Boy

Just had a look at the table and apart from the top 3, there’s nothing to fear for us but also not a lot of quality in the division as whole.
Once clubs starting spending again it’ll change, unfortunately we’re unlikely to be able to keep up with it.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Just had a look at the table and apart from the top 3, there’s nothing to fear for us but also not a lot of quality in the division as whole.
Once clubs starting spending again it’ll change, unfortunately we’re unlikely to be able to keep up with it.

That's why, as much s this season is exceeding initial expectations, you do feel that we've got a decent chance this year and if we don't manage to make the most of it we might not be able to maintain this level, as well as the fact it would have brought attention to some of our best players and we'd risk losing them.

CDK

You play the team against you our quality is shining through ,teams underestimate us at there peril.thinks the division is not any weaker but robins has improved city backed by ADI and coaches.

Hertsccfc

Didn’t say he never will. But he does seem content just being a big fish rather than really stretching himself.
Think there were fitness issues last season. Certainly no evidence I have seen that he has ever not been committed in the Premier league, in fact generally the opposite as he seems over aggressive.

Users who are viewing this thread