We have destroyed Man Utd's reputation (4 Viewers)

messiahrobins

Make no mistake about it, today destroyed that club's image. Whole world will have seen the corruption that occurred and the behaviour of the foreign Man Utd players (Maguire was class but he understands our culture and has manners unlike that Man Utd goalkeeper and Anthony who appear backward and uneducated) and the world saw what a proper English fanbase is like with the passion and pride and togetherness with the players. Man Utd got exposed for what they now are, a plastic franchise with supporters who dont even know their own songs.
The Premier League is also damaged as on X there thousands of posts from people saying the Premier League is crap and real English football is the Championship.
Our stature has increased after today exponentially.
Only winners today were Coventry City.

messiahrobins

The Americans were watching. The world over is loving us tonight

Honestly any sadness fans feel tonight will be gone within a week when it becomes apparent how massive today has made us globally.
Also dont rule out billionaire owners looking at us as well btw. I am certain we will be a club of interest now. Just look on X and comments across the globe.

messiahrobins

Talking to a proper Man U fan on the underground after the game.
He said "your team was fucking mint today mate.
That'll do. Because we were!
Real Man Utd fans will use us as a blueprint of what they want their club to go back to being like it once used to be. Right now they are a franchise that their real fans cannot relate to at all.

bigfatronssba

I didn't think Lancashire folk used the term "fucking mint"?

Sounds suspiciously southern to me

messiahrobins

It’s put us on a global scale and it wouldn’t surprise me to see someone come in and try and take us off Doug’s hands.
The thing is today the fans were amazing. The scenes after the match especially will have been noted by potential investors and i would think right now in America especially there may be NFL owners looking at us as alot of NFL franchise owners want to own 'soccer' clubs. Id think there will be Asian billionaires looking us up.
This isnt fanciful thinking, its just common sense business thinking really. If you are a billionaire looking at buying an english club, and you saw today, no doubt you would do some research about Coventry City.
That all being said i quite like how things are, and i wouldnt want us to end up like Leicester, who while they had some success, are now a totally plastic souless club so while we criticise Man Utd and how plastic they are, we dont want to go down the same dark path.

bigfatronssba

Diogenes

One of the lads I work with is a utd fan and he left when the torp goal went in. He felt humiliated and was angry about it being disallowed. He felt it should have stood and that utd did not deserve anything from it. That view seemed prevalent amongst their proper fans and there's a bit of a rift between them and the plastics who described as "cunts are celebrating like we've won the champions league when we deserve nothing - coventry should have won"

Not just on the pitch but utd were humiliated in the stands. The itv commentary team multiple times made comments along the lines of "the coventry fans were deafening just before kick off and the Man Utd fans were just sitting in silence. Speaks volumes...

Brighton Sky Blue

Not surprised that genuine Man Utd fans know that VAR cheated its way to the FA’s preferred final, but all football fans know what they saw. A Championship club was asked to do the almost impossible, did it, then a snotty twat in a computer room goes ‘quick find a way to make it not count’.

Cantona7

Is there something wrong with this fella?

I've seen him on a few threads here with his idiocy (claiming that Old Trafford is in Salford- it isn't, it's in Trafford as one poster pointed. out)

Does he know that we've had a few worse things to deal with than an FA Cup semi final win?

Like when we couldn't even put the names on a programme cos a few of our players had suffered the inconvenience of being dead.

I think our "reputation" will survive.

Last edited:

wingy

Where's the line when it comes up to any part of the anatomy,where is the defender's hand,beyond the foot?

NortonSkyBlue

Is there something wrong with this fella?

I've seen him on a few threads here with his idiocy (claiming that Old Trafford is in Salford- it isn't, it's in Trafford as one poster pointed. out)

Does he know that we've had a few worse things to deal with than an FA Cup semi final win?

Like when we couldn't even put the names on a programme cos a few of our players had suffered the inconvenience of being dead.

I think our "reputation" will survive.
You are, of course, right but I think it is fair to say that on this day/morning after emotions will be high. It certainly isn’t the Manchester United that inspires hate but certainly pity from the ABU’s. Sir Jim has a big job on his hands....

Brighton Sky Blue

You are, of course, right but I think it is fair to say that on this day/morning after emotions will be high. It certainly isn’t the Manchester United that inspires hate but certainly pity from the ABU’s. Sir Jim has a big job on his hands....
Sir Jim should start by sacking that clueless idiot of a manager and selling Antony.

Londonccfcfan

Make no mistake about it, today destroyed that club's image. Whole world will have seen the corruption that occurred and the behaviour of the foreign Man Utd players (Maguire was class but he understands our culture and has manners unlike that Man Utd goalkeeper and Anthony who appear backward and uneducated) and the world saw what a proper English fanbase is like with the passion and pride and togetherness with the players. Man Utd got exposed for what they now are, a plastic franchise with supporters who dont even know their own songs.
The Premier League is also damaged as on X there thousands of posts from people saying the Premier League is crap and real English football is the Championship.
Our stature has increased after today exponentially.
Only winners today were Coventry City.
How bad are you if you can't celebrate a semi final win. Embarassment/shambles of a club.

Dis united.

Sbarcher

Also got collared by a few Utd fans on way to the station. All said we deserved the win and we should be really proud of our team. Class by the fans, shit by the some of those arrogant multi millionaires on the pitch. Any one of their players worth more than our total squad.

Users who are viewing this thread