Manchester United the easiest draw? (1 Viewer)

messiahrobins

Obviously they are not in Man City's league so clearly an easier match than it would have been against the current World Champions.

Chelsea looked appalling today against Leicester but man for man they have more talent than the Salford lot and if Chelsea turned up they would probably win comfortably in truth.

Thought Man Utd looked rubbish v Liverpool today and it was the arrogance of Klopp and his team that allowed Man Utd to fluke a win as really Liverpool should have been out of sight but they tried to keep being too elaborate.

From a footballing perspective, is this the best chance we have of making the final? Or was it Chelsea?

messiahrobins

Chelsea. They were absolutely atrocious. We'd have put 3 or 4 past them
I agree they were today but i doubt theyd be that useless at Wembley. I think at home v Leicester they were too nonchalant.

Man Utd though were in their cup final against the most successful club in English history who are only 20 odd miles away, yet should have lost 4 or 5-1 so i do wonder if they are the weakest side we could have got on that basis.

long way home

They are not to be feared or to be paid too much respect. Players should be told to stay away from interviews as much as possible, let them do the talking. We should look forward to giving it a right go with belief we belong but keep it in the squad.

We have league games to win and a play off spot to go for. Knowing this date is there its a nice thing and a remarkable achievement. I don't want or care what Utd say think or do all will have an opinion all we can do is enjoy the day and no matter what support the team.

Hope we see Tatsu with the team as we did see COH i the play off final. May be to soon but would be great for him to experience it.

Alkhen

Ironic how Amad who scored Man Uniteds winner also misses the semi for a booking picked up in the goal celebration just as Palmer has.

I feel like that rule need looking at, neither incident was malicious, dangerous or inciting to rival fans, just players living the moment. surely the FA want the full teams playing eachother for the quality of the product.

HadjiChippo

Ironic how Amad who scored Man Uniteds winner also misses the semi for a booking picked up in the goal celebration just as Palmer has.

I feel like that rule need looking at, neither incident was malicious, dangerous or inciting to rival fans, just players living the moment. surely the FA want the full teams playing eachother for the quality of the product.
Amad suspension served by next PL game

Terry_dactyl

It seems really petty to me.
Ahmed Diallo took his red shirt off to reveal…a red shirt! The horror!

Sky Blue Pete

Both palmer and diallo know the laws

Alkhen

Both palmer and diallo know the laws
Come on, both incidents, if you can even class them as that, happened in the heat of celebrations late on in big fixtures. There should be some case for switching to a fine or something.

Especially when Semedo can walk away scott free after kicking O'Hare in the nose

Sky Blue Pete

Come on, both incidents, if you can even class them as that, happened in the heat of celebrations late on in big fixtures. There should be some case for switching to a fine or something.

Especially when Semedo can walk away scott free after kicking O'Hare in the nose
I agree
I’m sure palmer wouldn’t have changed anything
I’m sure he won’t blame the officials for dong their job

Sky Blue Pete

Bad law, you support it?
Bad law?
which? Diallo or palmer?
taking shirt off is bad law it takes out the emotion and celebration cause it wastes time I think just add it on
Palmer running over to celebrate thimk it’ll be entering without permission. Not sure what you would want? If players had run over to him difficult to book but i think it has to be and I think it probably is a yc

chiefdave

Got to say, reading this, I think there’s a good case it’s against the spirit of the law.

Particularly this bit about what should be a warning vs a caution (yellow):

View attachment 34614
Interesting, is that the only law that covers it because that blows the argument that the ref had no choice and would have been in trouble if he didn't book him argument out of the water.

shmmeee

Interesting, is that the only law that covers it because that blows the argument that the ref had no choice and would have been in trouble if he didn't book him argument out of the water.

So there’s this bit on it being a caution, but again reading the example makes it sound more intended to be for players literally coming on an affecting the game.
IMG_0967.jpeg

However this is in the same law as leaving the field of play without permission. Which is taken to the letter means even just running off the pitch isn’t allowed.

And there’s a specific exemption for celebrating with respect to leaving the field of play. So as I say, by the letter probably a booking but the vibe the rules give off as a whole don’t suggest this is the sort of thing they intended players to get booked for.

skyblue_55

We will all have another fantastic day at Wembley. There is a massive chance of a cup so called “ shock “ , as we are a team . IF we don’t progress to the final , our season isn’t over , as the play offs are within reach …….. but for United , getting smashed again by their local rivals is definitely on the cards !

Users who are viewing this thread