We are in crisis (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Given we were sixth best team in the division below, I'd say we're doing more than OK.

The best thing the manager can do is progress year on year (and it's not necessarily failure if he doesn't!). I'd say we've done that.

I mean as long as we stay up Robins has improved year on year. I think we can push for back to back promotions personally, but that doesn’t mean I wouldn’t recognise staying up as progress.

I know it gets said a lot but I honesty can’t think of anyone I’d rather see given four or five years barring any major disasters than Robins.

Nick

Administrator
I mean as long as we stay up Robins has improved year on year. I think we can push for back to back promotions personally, but that doesn’t mean I wouldn’t recognise staying up as progress.

I know it gets said a lot but I honesty can’t think of anyone I’d rather see given four or five years barring any major disasters than Robins.
Decent mid table finish without any worries at the end is an improvement.

Covstar

Some fans on here are right drama queens... Yes we were not performing, yes we were on a bad run, but for goodness sake only half of the season is done so far! We were on a cracking run of wins before this barren run and we as a league 1 side cannot expect to win every single game!

Some people just need to breathe and let the season pan out before making quick, rash judgments on players and managers.

We are doing okay at halfway point of the season. Support this team and the players. They have given us incredible joy in recent history we must not forget. That Wembley win still brings tears to my eyes. If it wasn't for that incredible day we would still be a league two team.

Let's just put things into perspective... A few wins in this division will see us climbing the table easily.

covcity4life

Would exercise caution right now. 2 wins in a row doesn't mean we are good again. Last performance was quite average if we are honest. Keep a level head.

Irish Sky Blue

I just do not agree with the notion that performances have been rubbish. Some have, but on the whole I think this team has played well. Had we had someone who could regularly take the chances created, we would be in the play offs. Games that I think we were second best in and deserved to lose would be, Wimbledon away, Blackpool away, Portsmouth home, Burton away, Luton home and Shrewsbury away. In all of the other games I honestly felt we deserved all three points. The fact is that we lost or only drew a fair number of these. You can say that it is Robin’s job to make sure we have that goal scorer, and that is true. However last year’s top scorer wanted to leave and by his own admission he bought in players that he would need to develop to become the finished article. Add to that the incredible bad luck to lose Biamou and then Jones again and to have Andreu still struggling to get over his injury and I think we have done okay.

Sky Blue Pete

I just do not agree with the notion that performances have been rubbish. Some have, but on the whole I think this team has played well. Had we had someone who could regularly take the chances created, we would be in the play offs. Games that I think we were second best in and deserved to lose would be, Wimbledon away, Blackpool away, Portsmouth home, Burton away, Luton home and Shrewsbury away. In all of the other games I honestly felt we deserved all three points. The fact is that we lost or only drew a fair number of these. You can say that it is Robin’s job to make sure we have that goal scorer, and that is true. However last year’s top scorer wanted to leave and by his own admission he bought in players that he would need to develop to become the finished article. Add to that the incredible bad luck to lose Biamou and then Jones again and to have Andreu still struggling to get over his injury and I think we have done okay.
And ogogo

robbiethemole

So 25 games gone, our stats are W 10, D 5, L 10, that sems pretty fair to me. All the drama queens need to ease off a bit and allow these young lads a bit of space to develope instead of slagging them off.
Bloke behind me had a go at nearly everyone until we scored, talk about biased. Just let them get on with it.

Hobo

We are in a crisis. Where’s the skipper? We need men not boys. Sort it MR or stand down.

We are not in crisis at all. But a lot of our fans are, every other week or after a bit of a bad run. Knee jerking without seeing the bigger picture. Some of our fans need to man up to be honest and take a reality check.

ccfcchris

We are not in crisis at all. But a lot of our fans are, every other week or after a bit of a bad run. Knee jerking without seeing the bigger picture. Some of our fans need to man up to be honest and take a reality check.
All football fans are the same. Give the manager and young players time.

D

Deleted member 2477

All football fans are the same. Give the manager and young players time.
We seem to have more than our fair share. You only have to listen to the cwr phone in or read some of the comments on here two weeks a go

SBAndy

The one attribute Robins seems to have that most other managers we’ve had in the last 10 years is the resilience to turn around an underperforming team. So many times in the past we’ve seen a bad run of form turn really sour and the manager cannot get out of it. He’s prone to poor runs but manages to get the team working again and results start to improve.

Otis

The one attribute Robins seems to have that most other managers we’ve had in the last 10 years is the resilience to turn around an underperforming team. So many times in the past we’ve seen a bad run of form turn really sour and the manager cannot get out of it. He’s prone to poor runs but manages to get the team working again and results start to improve.
He seemingly didn't panic, continued doing what he has always been doing and was obviously confident in turning it round.

It was only some of the fans who were panicking.

We all know he's not perfect and we all know he makes mistakes, but he's been a very good manager for us, as his win ratio has clearly shown.

D

Deleted member 2477

He seemingly didn't panic, continued doing what he has always been doing and was obviously confident in turning it round.

It was only some of the fans who were panicking.

We all know he's not perfect and we all know he makes mistakes, but he's been a very good manager for us, as his win ratio has clearly shown.
Well said

Captain Dart

Crisis I think is officially over.

D

Deleted member 2477

Very happy mate but it was vs Wycombe who are still league 2 level. We saw what happened after 5 in a row remember

If we win 6 I will be happy lol

But let's take it 1 game at a time
How can you say wycombe are league two level. They finished above us last year and are now in league one. Just because we beat them doesnt make them league two and there are several clubs below them.

Gibbo

Didn't Wycombe have the same points as us going into the game, having just had quite a good run? Just calling them League 2 level must mean we are too?
Bayliss has been the difference in the last three games, he is a game-changer even when off the boil.
In August I would have been very happy with 8th and 3 points clear of 9th at this time in the season, were there not a 7 point gap to 6th. We may yet rue Walsall away

SBbucks

Didn't Wycombe have the same points as us going into the game, having just had quite a good run? Just calling them League 2 level must mean we are too?
Bayliss has been the difference in the last three games, he is a game-changer even when off the boil.
In August I would have been very happy with 8th and 3 points clear of 9th at this time in the season, were there not a 7 point gap to 6th. We may yet rue Walsall away
If they had the same points as us going into the game, we must have got 6 points for the win...

covcity4life

How can you say wycombe are league two level. They finished above us last year and are now in league one. Just because we beat them doesnt make them league two and there are several clubs below them.
Because I watched both games vs them this season and they were no different to last year. Position in table also shows they are no longer better than us

A good win regardless but I would just exercise caution that's all

covcity4life

As long as you do the same when we lose
I do don't I? If we are being serious the reason I troll you is you are so unrealistic. If we lose and anyone has any criticism you make out they are OTT and losing their head

I never said sack robin's. I never said let's get out of agreement with pompey for Chaplin etc. All I ever said was play it on ground more.

So you don't need to worry about me

Users who are viewing this thread