We are in crisis (1 Viewer)

skyblueeyesrevisited

We are in a crisis. Where’s the skipper? We need men not boys. Sort it MR or stand down.

eastwoodsdustman

I’ve heard a story today regarding what’s going on and why Doyle isn’t playing amongst other things. Seems to have something to do with the assistant manager apparently rather than Robins.

chiefdave

We are in a crisis. Where’s the skipper? We need men not boys. Sort it MR or stand down.
giphy.gif

steve82

Someone stole his legs If you recall many wanted the skipper out the side now it’s where is he.

We doing the Hokey Kokey on opinions or what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oucho

I don't, chippy I went to gave me a bad stomach and everybody thought they we an aeroplane. Weirdos

Tell me you didn't go to Sign of the Fish in the Cornhill area. Notorious for undercooked chips.

I would be interested to see what the average "bad run leading to a managerial departure" for a Cov manager in the last 10 years is. I think Aidy won 2 in 20 before getting the chop, or something of that magnitude anyway. Mowbray no wins in 10 prior to resigning. SP was one win in 11 or something before being fired. Coleman went 10 without a win after that glorious day at Peterborough away when we all though we could sneak into the Play-offs. Somewhere amongst these must lie an average tipping point at which the trigger is pulled. MR has more credit in the bank than the likes of Slade or SP but if we fail to win more than 1 or 2 in the next couple of months you can see, based on the above, that he might be out of a job.

fernandopartridge

Tell me you didn't go to Sign of the Fish in the Cornhill area. Notorious for undercooked chips.

I would be interested to see what the average "bad run leading to a managerial departure" for a Cov manager in the last 10 years is. I think Aidy won 2 in 20 before getting the chop, or something of that magnitude anyway. Mowbray no wins in 10 prior to resigning. SP was one win in 11 or something before being fired. Coleman went 10 without a win after that glorious day at Peterborough away when we all though we could sneak into the Play-offs. Somewhere amongst these must lie an average tipping point at which the trigger is pulled. MR has more credit in the bank than the likes of Slade or SP but if we fail to win more than 1 or 2 in the next couple of months you can see, based on the above, that he might be out of a job.
Because the two year cycle of managers has done us brilliantly over the last 25 years

oucho

Because the two year cycle of managers has done us brilliantly over the last 25 years

I agree with you 100%; in fact it's closer to 18 months. I wasn't supporting the idea of sacking him, simply using history to predict IF it might happen.

oucho

steve82

I agree with you 100%; in fact it's closer to 18 months. I wasn't supporting the idea of sacking him, simply using history to predict IF it might happen.

The issue I have is if you press the button and call time your rolling the dice on another manager coming in with his ideas and wanting his own players. Notts County are a example of things still don’t work any differently so it’s not always guaranteed in changing things. That said Bristol Rovers shown patience in Clarke but ultimately his time was up. It’s very difficult.

Plus who’s the list likely to contain, Phil Brown, JFH, Harry Kewell, Kevin Nolan, Darrel Clarke, Lee Clark hardly inspiring list of names

The pick of out of work managers are Paul Hurst and Gary Bowyer, with Bowyer the only one used to working under difficult circumstances at Blackpool but Hurst has shown some ability around this level.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: PVA

Nick

Administrator
The issue I have is if you press the button and call time your rolling the dice on another manager coming in with his ideas and wanting his own players. Notts County are a example of things still don’t work any differently so it’s not always guaranteed in changing things. That said Bristol Rovers shown patience in Clarke but ultimately his time was up. It’s very difficult.

Plus who’s the list likely to contain, Phil Brown, JFH, Harry Kewell, Kevin Nolan, Darrel Clarke, Lee Clark hardly inspiring list of names

The pick of out of work managers are Paul Hurst and Gary Bowyer, with Bowyer the only one used to working under difficult circumstances at Blackpool but Hurst has shown some ability around this level.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
We could do with Kewell, Nolan and jfh up front.

Lee Clarke in the middle

Sbarcher

Sitting bottom of the form table, 1 point from possible 18.

PVA

There is absolutely no point in sacking him. As others have said we've been doing that for years and it's got us nowhere.

Stick with him, we'll be fine. Mid table will be a good finish

luwalla

No way do we sack the only manager to bring a smile to our faces in recent history... with a cup and promotion in the last two seasons... we are where we are because of one thing, we can’t score bloody goals!!!!

Need to invest in January and get a seasoned striker at this level.

To be fair to robins Chaplin looked like he could be that man, but for whatever reason it just isn’t happening

Brighton Sky Blue

There is absolutely no point in sacking him. As others have said we've been doing that for years and it's got us nowhere.

Stick with him, we'll be fine. Mid table will be a good finish

Each time we've sacked a manager it has been entirely justified, going back to (and excluding) Eric Black. Reid, Adams, Coleman, Boothroyd, Thorn, Pressley, Mowbray-there was no good argument for keeping them when they went. Robins is persisting with a busted flush and is unwilling to even try changing the formula.

Users who are viewing this thread