Watford U23 v Coventry U23 (4 Viewers)

PVA

Pask will play Premier League eventually

Whilst this is a bold claim I said the same thing when I saw James Maddison play for the first time as a substitute in a pre season friendly as a 16 or 17 year old.

I don't know if this is the case with Pask, but sometimes you can instantly just tell that someone is going to make it the first time you see them, no matter what level you're watching them at. It was so incredibly obvious the first time that I saw Maddison that he was just... different.

SkyBlueCRJ

It's his calmness and how he sees things before anyone else
Many people in the game are amazed West Ham let him leave

Baring in mind you do get more time on the ball in U23 games and the overall gameplay is slower and obviously far less physical so it's difficult to judge a player by his actual quality unless he's tested in a league match. For instance, Biamou probably looks like he's the next Brazilian Ronaldo in U23 games.

We need to see how Pask gets on in the first team to even establish if he's good enough for League One, let alone anything higher up the football pyramid.

cc84cov

Baring in mind you do get more time on the ball in U23 games and the overall gameplay is slower and obviously far less physical so it's difficult to judge a player by his actual quality unless he's tested in a league match. For instance, Biamou probably looks like he's the next Brazilian Ronaldo in U23 games.

We need to see how Pask gets on in the first team to even establish if he's good enough for League One, let alone anything higher up the football pyramid.
I think it’s how he reads the game he’s worlds ahead of under 23 football he just cruises through games with ease

SkyBlueCRJ

I think it’s how he reads the game he’s worlds ahead of under 23 football he just cruises through games with ease

When I watched him against Leamington he was fantastic so I'm not surprised he's heads and shoulders above those in U23 football but like I said might just want to see how he gets on in League One first!

SlowerThanPlatt

Ponticelli scores loads at U23 level but struggles in men’s football - it’s not the greatest barometer to judge how a footballer will do at professional level

And can I see the articles you’ve read?

cc84cov

Ponticelli scores loads at U23 level but struggles in men’s football - it’s not the greatest barometer to judge how a footballer will do at professional level

And can I see the articles you’ve read?
Ponti has always looked a under 23’s player even though he’s scored well at that level Pask looks like he should be in the first team to me can’t really compare a striker to defender in this respect I don’t feel but if you compare him to Drysdale or Williams he’s well well ahead of them both it’s clear to see.I would fancy Pask doing a good job on JCH Tuesday for sure interesting to see if he makes an appearance.

SlowerThanPlatt

Ponti has always looked a under 23’s player even though he’s scored well at that level Pask looks like he should be in the first team to me can’t really compare a striker to defender in this respect I don’t feel but if you compare him to Drysdale or Williams he’s well well ahead of them both it’s clear to see.I would fancy Pask doing a good job on JCH Tuesday for sure interesting to see if he makes an appearance.

You’ve only been able to see/watch one game of his haven't you? The game on Monday

Grendel

That's obvious to most.

Biamou is pushing 30 and including playoffs has scored in seven league games he’s featured in. In them other 46 he’s drew a blank. I think he’s had 5 assists in his career

The hero worship for someone whose really done very little is off the scale

kg82

It's his calmness and how he sees things before anyone else
Many people in the game are amazed West Ham let him leave

He had a bad injury, right? Mate of mine was amazed we’d got him when the transfer went through as he’d been talked about above the likes of Rice at West Ham (before his injury).

SlowerThanPlatt

He had a bad injury, right? Mate of mine was amazed we’d got him when the transfer went through as he’d been talked about above the likes of Rice at West Ham (before his injury).

Rice is 2 years younger so he would have been like 15 or 16 at that time and still an U18 player? Rice also made his debut in the Premier League at 18

fatso

Kastaneer, Biamou, Bakayoko, Hiwula and Ponticelli arnt good enough for the first team, arguing who is better than the others is as irrelevant as arguing over which of the ugly sisters you’d shag if you had to.
Im sure if MR is able to, he will get rid of them in the summer, regardless of if we get promoted or not.

Briles

Jesus what is everyones incessant need to be agreed with? Someone thinks Pask will play in the premier league one day and people are like "How can you say that! Show me the articles!!!"

Eejits.

Briles

Rice that kid is woeful when ever I’ve seen him for England makes me wonder why the FA tried so hard to keep him
From Ireland lol he’s far too slow for international football that boy

Agreed, massively over rated for me. Living off the West Ham Academy name

better days

What articles? Being wanted at 16 has little relevance to someone who’s now 22
He had scarlet fever when he was on loan at Dagenham & Redbridge and had many months out of the game
Declan Rice and Rhys Oxford moved ahead of him in the pecking order and Pask was loaned to Gillingham
By the time he came back Pellegrini was in charge who had little interest in using young players
Even Grady Diangana was sent out on loan And prospects Marcus Browne & Pask were allowed to leave
Pask chose us as he knew he would get a chance to play - then broke is ankle in training

SlowerThanPlatt

He had scarlet fever when he was on loan at Dagenham & Redbridge and had many months out of the game
Declan Rice and Rhys Oxford moved ahead of him in the pecking order and Pask was loaned to Gillingham
By the time he came back Pellegrini was in charge who had little interest in using young players
Even Grady Diangana was sent out on loan And prospects Marcus Browne & Pask were allowed to leave
Pask chose us as he knew he would get a chance to play - then broke is ankle in training

I get that he’s been unlucky with some stuff but I think the likes of Oxford and Rice would have moved ahead of him regardless as they’re better players and younger too?

Oxford made his debut at 16 and Rice at 18 both in the Premier League. Pask was 21 when he left West Ham and never made even a League Cup appearance?

better days

I get that he’s been unlucky with some stuff but I think the likes of Oxford and Rice would have moved ahead of him regardless as they’re better players and younger too?

Oxford made his debut at 16 and Rice at 18 both in the Premier League. Pask was 21 when he left West Ham and never made even a League Cup appearance?
We'll just have to wait and see but I have seen thousands of young players and you can usually get a good idea of those who have a chance
For example i remember seeing Dele Alli at 16 playing for MK's U18s and you could see instantly that the lad would go all the way

Last edited:

Londonccfcfan

Biamou is pushing 30 and including playoffs has scored in seven league games he’s featured in. In them other 46 he’s drew a blank. I think he’s had 5 assists in his career

The hero worship for someone whose really done very little is off the scale

You clearly fail to see his impact, but tbh you really arnt required to understand.

We are not hear to justify to you our Love for MAX.

shmmeee

Nah Biamou is. Hiwula gets in better positions but Biamous a better finisher.

Nah Biamou is a scorer of great goals but not a great goal scorer.

Max’s best goal scoring season according to Wiki (I know) was 10 in 39 in the National League aged 26 (a year older than Hiwula).

At Hiwulas age he’d played two seasons in the French fourth tier and scored 9 goals across those two seasons.

Hiwula has consistently scored around ten a season at L1 level. 9 in 19 for Walsall aged 20, 9 in 41 for Bradford aged 21, 8 in 43 for Fleetwood aged 22 and 14 in 54 for us.

He’s solidly worth ten a season. It’s more a measure of our lack of natural goal scorers that he’s second to Godden.

edit: not saying he’s our best finisher. But he gets into positions better than most. If he could finish he’d get 15-20 a season IMO.

Londonccfcfan

Someone said Biamou is much better than Gary Madine earlier - do you agree?

At their respective peaks No Max isn't even close. . But at the moment I genuinely think theres to come from Max, when he had his quiet start to his CCFC career Before xmas in league 2 theres no way I thought he would develop into the player he is now especially after those injuries.

He is improving all the time (testament to Robins). We saw glimpses of Biamous potential during the Stoke/MK Dons/ Brighton games in Fa CUp and then when it really mattered during the business end of the Season he produced the goods.

Unlucky with Injuries tbh I thought he was dead and buried at League one level. But on his comeback vs Fleetwood at home he had an incredible impact 2nd half (kinda changed our season around along with Robins change of formation after 3 dud games) and has continued that form in League and cups. then its been stop start with red card and new injury. Lots to come.

He seems more clinical to me.

Users who are viewing this thread