Match Thread Watford FC - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 9th Mar (3 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

We're set up to be more attacking though . Last season we could lump it up to Vik and let him or Gus for the work . This season its more progressive and leaves us more open . Kitching will play a very important part in the run in for me
Which is fine but with that many defenders on the pitch you'd at least expect us to be tighter from set pieces than we are at the moment. If we're going to pack the pitch with defensive players there should be some more solidity at the back, not less.

Martin180

Which is fine but with that many defenders on the pitch you'd at least expect us to be tighter from set pieces than we are at the moment. If we're going to pack the pitch with defensive players there should be some more solidity at the back, not less.
Aside from Bidwell there isn't a lot of leadership or experience at the back currently

Darth Robins

Imagine how many it would be if we had actual footballers playing up front instead of two clowns. 🤔

I thought the clowns were in goal and the donkeys were playing up front? Then there's the garden gnomes that show up in midfield from time to time.

fernandopartridge

It’s not though, they were all over us for 40 mins and for large parts of the second half. A better team would’ve been out of sight.

Largely due to the central midfield partnership I think though. Sheaf will be a boost, and should give us more control.
TBF second half they had more of the ball but created nothing of note, I thought we managed the game reasonably well

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Ashdown

No chance of surviving against Wolves if we are that slack in defence. A Team from the off or forget it

Martin180

No chance of surviving against Wolves if we are that slack in defence. A Team from the off or forget it

wingy

Yet we won the game. Beating Wolves even at our best is a long shot anyway. The gulf between the championship and the prem is massive
That goal conceded today suggested a team not switched on in anyway at all,an area for improvement .

procdoc

We aren't good enough. We can't even impose ourselves on rubbish teams and do the basics. Top half finish for this side is a good result.

Going to be some tantrums on here in 20 mins
1) they are are not a rubbish team
2) any away game is difficult in this league
3) you are clueless

procdoc

So entitled some of them . They think we should be prime Man City
Funny thing is, it’s people slating professional footballers when the only physical activity they do is walk to the fridge to grab another can of Stella. We weren’t brilliant today, it was a scrappy game in general. It was played at 100mph and needed a few players with composure to slow it down. We won in the end and defended like warriors. We weren’t shit, we weren’t brilliant. The comments throughout this thread are ridiculously over the top.

procdoc

The most relevant point is that they were a goal up and well on top and we managed to find a win

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
We did some last ditch defending and were hanging on at points in the game but I thought we were very robust. We limited them to shots from outside the area a lot of the time.

procdoc

Perhaps. It was very poor first half and didn't look much better until Wright's goal.
I thought we were poor until we scored. After that we had more belief and the game was pretty much even from that point on. We withstood a barrage from Watford and to be fair I thought they were half decent

Brighton Sky Blue

I thought we were poor until we scored. After that we had more belief and the game was pretty much even from that point on. We withstood a barrage from Watford and to be fair I thought they were half decent
Should have been well behind until that good bit of play to earn the penalty, then it was so-so up to Wright's very well taken goal and we created some more openings. Just felt that the system we're playing is making our work more difficult across the pitch.

We don't need to be spectacular at this stage of the season to get over the line, but we do need to be much more solid at the back than we have been in the last few months.

Martin180

Funny thing is, it’s people slating professional footballers when the only physical activity they do is walk to the fridge to grab another can of Stella. We weren’t brilliant today, it was a scrappy game in general. It was played at 100mph and needed a few players with composure to slow it down. We won in the end and defended like warriors. We weren’t shit, we weren’t brilliant. The comments throughout this thread are ridiculously over the top.
I'm waiting for our next bad run of form so @Saddlebrains can start another thread calling all our new signings shit

Users who are viewing this thread