Match Thread Watford FC - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 9th Mar (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

4th win after being behind this season, all 4 have come this calendar year I think.

5th best in the table for winning from behind.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Yet every week the match thread is full of comments about us being mentally weak and pussies..

This needs to stop. Adult fans acting like spoilt kids and then blaming football emotion

Grendel

O'Hare already knows where hes going, and hes half out the door as it is, fuck him

I don’t know what’s more bizarre - the post or the people who liked it

The decline in form has been a direct result of o hares decline in form, Sakamoto being injured and sheafs absence.

Even though O Hare still hasn’t found his earlier form there is no question we were better in the second half when he and sheaf were present and our main hope is he gets back to his best especially in scoring

Viktor17

The decline in form has been a direct result of o hares decline in form, Sakamoto being injured and sheafs absence.

Even though O Hare still hasn’t found his earlier form there is no question we were better in the second half when he and sheaf were present and our main hope is he gets back to his best especially in scoring
Disagree.

saddle references his attitude more than anything. I know other quality players can affect how he performs - but no need for the drop off in levels he’s had / bad body language / arguing/ throwing arms about which have been noted in last few games.

the lad also has his transfer going on off field, he’s leaving and is probably half checked out if not fully. Think saddle has also referenced his behaviour / attitude off field may have been a little “questionable also”

Grendel

Disagree.

saddle references his attitude more than anything. I know other quality players can affect how he performs - but no need for the drop off in levels he’s had / bad body language / arguing/ throwing arms about which have been noted in last few games.

the lad also has his transfer going on off field, he’s leaving and is probably half checked out if not fully. Think saddle has also referenced his behaviour / attitude off field may have been a little “questionable also”

This is the same source of course that said Hamer was desperate to return to Holland to be with his child

Brighton Sky Blue

If you were doing a physically demanding job and had recently agreed a more lucrative one in a few months’ time, would you carry on exerting yourself to your maximum? It’s good sense for him to dial down his efforts.

Grendel

If you were doing a physically demanding job and had recently agreed a more lucrative one in a few months’ time, would you carry on exerting yourself to your maximum? It’s good sense for him to dial down his efforts.

Well yes - how’s the signing at Peterborough doing?

Saddlebrains

This is the same source of course that said Hamer was desperate to return to Holland to be with his child

Ignoring all the other correct things then?

He knows where hes going and his form has dropped as a direct result of the off the field negotiations. Simple as that. This is why he isnt starting. Robins doesnt suffer fools as we all know

Grendel

Ignoring all the other correct things then?

He knows where hes going and his form has dropped as a direct result of the off the field negotiations. Simple as that. This is why he isnt starting. Robins doesnt suffer fools as we all know

He started against West Brom two games ago

Grendel

His deal is confirmed, O’Hare’s isn’t

So what? Players generally don’t give up playing when their contract ends - isn’t the suggestion here that he’s signed a pre contract in Spain?

procdoc

So what? Players generally don’t give up playing when their contract ends - isn’t the suggestion here that he’s signed a pre contract in Spain?
In truth no one knows anything yet. I wouldn’t say he’s not trying, just gone off form a bit. The only certainty is he’s not staying with us

Brighton Sky Blue

If he’d signed one it’d be common knowledge and/or the new club would surely have announced it. More likely that he has got some things verbally agreed but waiting to see what happens here first. If he got a serious injury again though he ends up with nothing from anyone quite possibly.

Ben Brereton Diaz effectively gave up for Blackburn for half a season as it goes.

Grendel

If we are going to persist with the 352, O'Hare has to play. The midfield is far too exposed with Palmer in the 10, it's the same problem we had early on in the season.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Definitely - another anonymous performance from Palmer against championship standard opposition

Viktor17

Just because he went to SU doesn’t mean that wasn’t the case.

COH saddle isn’t asking you to believe him. I also have heard snippets around his behaviour of late and where he’s going - so there is credence.

his form has dropped off - his body language with players has also changed. Waving arms like a little brat because someone didn’t read his flick? No thanks.

Grendel

Just because he went to SU doesn’t mean that wasn’t the case.

COH saddle isn’t asking you to believe him. I also have heard snippets around his behaviour of late and where he’s going - so there is credence.

his form has dropped off - his body language with players has also changed. Waving arms like a little brat because someone didn’t read his flick? No thanks.

Going to Sheffield United doesn’t mean that wasn’t the case? Yeah ok.

If he’s waving his arms and showing frustration that proves an interest in performance and results doesn’t it? Gyokeres moaned all the time.

Londonccfcfan

If he’d signed one it’d be common knowledge and/or the new club would surely have announced it. More likely that he has got some things verbally agreed but waiting to see what happens here first. If he got a serious injury again though he ends up with nothing from anyone quite possibly.

Ben Brereton Diaz effectively gave up for Blackburn for half a season as it goes.
Happens all the time. Jed Wallace took his foot off the gas up in his last few months at Millwall.

Grendel

Happens all the time. Jed Wallace took his foot off the gas up in his last few months at Millwall.

O Hare hasn’t though has he? It doesn’t happen all the time in reality does it?

Brighton Sky Blue

He busted a gut to earn his free transfer and now he has some offers can tone down his efforts and reduce the chances of an injury that would see those offers disappear like his move to Burnley. I don’t even hold it against him really, it makes sense.

Diaz was nothing like the same player once he signed for Villarreal

Grendel

He busted a gut to earn his free transfer and now he has some offers can tone down his efforts and reduce the chances of an injury that would see those offers disappear like his move to Burnley. I don’t even hold it against him really, it makes sense.

Sorry there’s zero evidence for any of this at all - he’s just as likely to get injured if he’s “toned down his efforts” - we were far better in the second half and he played a part in that

shmmeee

sad chris crocker GIF

Grendel

The issue with Diaz was that Blackburn rejected a bid from Fulham denying him a premier league contract

shmmeee

If anything I think he’s trying to do too much

He’s playing for himself and he’s in poor form. He’s overplaying, not passing when it’s on, and not tracking back like he used to. That’s why he’s not in the team. He did virtually nothing yesterday, as proven by the fact his fans had to go on about his running off the ball like he’s Jamie Allen. He’s had no impact on the ball for weeks.

Brighton Sky Blue

Sorry there’s zero evidence for any of this at all - he’s just as likely to get injured if he’s “toned down his efforts” - we were far better in the second half and he played a part in that
We were nothing special until Wright's goal, only shot on target of the half wasn't it?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Shame he didn't spend time practicing his Spanish in that period. Just been dropped by the Chilean team.

Grendel

We were nothing special until Wright's goal, only shot on target of the half wasn't it?

We were far better as a unit. Watford dominated the first half as the midfield were overrun and palmer was adrift of Torp and Kelly.

Palmer cannot play as a 10 - he just can’t - we were clearly much more competitive in the second half

Irish Sky Blue

It was light hearted. A lot of our fans were singing it. I suggest you go on a hunt for the sense of humour you appear to have lost.
I think the fact that a lot of our fans were singing it is part of the problem. We’re talking about an 11 year old boy here who has a thousand plus adults jeering him after he mis-kicked a penalty in a half time shoot out. Do you think the boy himself found it light hearted? I wonder if you have children yourself and if you do how would you feel for them if they were on the end of what happened yesterday? I’ve got four boys (all grown up now) but if that had happened to any of them, I‘d be devastated for them. I’m glad my sense of humour was missing as when I see the verbal abuse and the mocking of a primary school kid as funny, it’s then that I’ll know I need to take a good look at myself.

Grendel

I think the fact that a lot of our fans were singing it is part of the problem. We’re talking about an 11 year old boy here who has a thousand plus adults jeering him after he mis-kicked a penalty in a half time shoot out. Do you think the boy himself found it light hearted? I wonder if you have children yourself and if you do how would you feel for them if they were on the end of what happened yesterday? I’ve got four boys (all grown up now) but if that had happened to any of them, I‘d be devastated for them. I’m glad my sense of humour was missing as when I see the verbal abuse and the mocking of a primary school kid as funny, it’s then that I’ll know I need to take a good look at myself.

I wasn’t there but it sounds pathetic from our fans and not defendable

Irish Sky Blue

Life lesson for him. He was playing up to their crowd beforehand and giving Cov fans some so he was fair game🤣. The girl in the other team was decent in goal too!
Just to say again that this was a boy of about 11. However, just because ‘he was giving Cov fans some’ he then becomes fair game? Once again, this is an 11 year old boy. Who are the adults here and who the children? I watched most of the shoot out and all I seen of him was that he was becoming more agitated and upset with himself as he was no where near saving any penalties. The only time I saw him ‘give the crowd some’ was when he looked up at our section with disbelief when the crescendo of jeers greeted his missed penalty. I think his life lesson might be to despise people who come from Coventry and I wouldn’t blame him. I did notice that he was the only member of the losing blue team who the guy organising the shoot went over to comfort at the end. I thought that was telling.

Users who are viewing this thread