Wasps going into admin & the impact on CCFC (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grendel

Fisher openly said it a few years back. Our model doesn't work in the championship

Also since promotion I'm pretty sure they've shown that's the case

Sheaf - 750K
Gyok- £1M
Hamer- £1.2m
Walker - £1M

£4 Million spent in 3 seasons of Championship football

In that time selling

Hyam -£1.5m
Shipley -Nominal probably around £100k

Spending £2.4 Million in 3 seasons of championship football, when we've all backed the club with ST's record merchandise etc shows that this is financially it. Nothing else

We in that period also received £1.7m for Callum Wilson

olderskyblue

Just looking back on yesterdays council meeting, and it does smack of a “preferred” bidder already in place, and as Nick said, it could be Richardson or someone else involved with the Wasps.

all the stuff about asking players to hold back for a couple of days before making any decisions also has the smell of a deal already being finalised.

Duggins distanced CCC from any bail out funding, but I wonder if he’s already committed to covering the costs of the maintenance work on the stadium as a “sweetener”. Hopefully not.

Of course, he would never do that for Sisu, just Wasps, to cover CCC’s arses for their incompetence.

end result I think will be Wasps, in some form, being our landlords still.

After his comment about secret meetings being against the constitution, I wonder if Simon Gilbert will go after him, referring to the secret and un-minuted meeting they had on bringing Wasps here?

not that it will have an effect. Duggins referenced it was agreed by all sides of the council, was that to silence Ridley from pushing that point?

duffer

Enter company name, number or officer nameSearch
Advanced company searchLink opens in new window
Search the register – results
All results
Interesting new Rugby company only formed yesterday

That's interesting. I suppose it would make sense that someone is trying to set up a phoenix club of some kind.

It costs peanuts to set up a company of course, so this could be entirely speculative.

Even if there is a phoenix Wasps, I don't see how they start in the Premier division though, not after they've just released all of their players. Maybe this is the start of the set up for the Championship next year?

I see the only officer, currently at least, is a solicitor. I suspect that's just the person who's setting it up on behalf of the actual owner. One to watch, this...

Skyblue_CP

So why aren't Fulham and Norwich owners ambitious and ploughing big money in to get them to the higher ceiling?
I’m sure Fulham fans are relatively happy with the circa 55m they spent in the summer window. Trying to be ambitious and breaking their next ceiling which is to stay up in the Premier League. Which they’re actually performing quite well at attempting currently. So they are trying to break that ceiling no?

jordan210

How long does it normally take for admin notice to go official on Gazette and companies houses. As still nothing

Grendel

That's interesting. I suppose it would make sense that someone is trying to set up a phoenix club of some kind.

It costs peanuts to set up a company of course, so this could be entirely speculative.

Even if there is a phoenix Wasps, I don't see how they start in the Premier division though, not after they've just released all of their players. Maybe this is the start of the set up for the Championship next year?

I see the only officer, currently at least, is a solicitor. I suspect that's just the person who's setting it up on behalf of the actual owner. One to watch, this...

Its a solicitor

SkyblueBri

Just looking back on yesterdays council meeting, and it does smack of a “preferred” bidder already in place, and as Nick said, it could be Richardson or someone else involved with the Wasps.

all the stuff about asking players to hold back for a couple of days before making any decisions also has the smell of a deal already being finalised.

Duggins distanced CCC from any bail out funding, but I wonder if he’s already committed to covering the costs of the maintenance work on the stadium as a “sweetener”. Hopefully not.

Of course, he would never do that for Sisu, just Wasps, to cover CCC’s arses for their incompetence.

end result I think will be Wasps, in some form, being our landlords still.

After his comment about secret meetings being against the constitution, I wonder if Simon Gilbert will go after him, referring to the secret and un-minuted meeting they had on bringing Wasps here?

not that it will have an effect. Duggins referenced it was agreed by all sides of the council, was that to silence Ridley from pushing that point?
Could it really just de status quo don’t depress me I thought we’d got rid of these invaders

Sky Blue Pete

I think it’s highly unlikely without the p thingy that wasps will be doing anything in coventry rugby related

If that’s the case and ccc allow acl Ltd to be owned by a wasps director that seems bizarre

Especially as in the lease agreement there was a thing about administration breaking it

Cloak and daggers eh

Nick

Administrator
I think it’s highly unlikely without the p thingy that wasps will be doing anything in coventry rugby related

If that’s the case and ccc allow acl Ltd to be owned by a wasps director that seems bizarre

Especially as in the lease agreement there was a thing about administration breaking it

Cloak and daggers eh

ACL hasn't gone into admin yet though.

slowpoke

Could it really just de status quo don’t depress me I thought we’d got rid of these invaders
I think Wasps in Cov is a dead duck but the name carrying on in the RU circles will happen , like it or not they are a very big name in RU and reforming is a possibility probably a certainly, already been muted of a return to the London area think that’s more than a possibility.

duffer

Unless someone buys both Wasps and the lease, and then gives them ownership of it again, this doesn't happen. If that was going to happen, it would surely have occurred whilst they were still a viable Premier division club.

Sky Blue Pete

ACL hasn't gone into admin yet though.
Completely agree but it’s still disingenuous

Can you imagine if:
Wasps keep the p thing
They aren’t relegated
They wipe out debts
The recruit the players they want to on reduced contracts
They carry on as if nothing has happened

It would be a dereliction of duty on behalf of
Premiership rugby
Ccc

jordan210

"
He said: “The model makes sense, - you have a fantastic venue with conferences, events, exhibitions and concerts and the excess from the venue pays for the sporting business, that’s fine in the normal world.

“When the organisation decided to take bond out seven years ago it automatically put a £35million debt onto the business.

“Then you add on all of the other debts over the years whether it’s pre-covid or not, if you count Derek’s loans [Richardson, Wasps owner] in there as well it’s over £100 million.”

Senior Vick from Alicante

I’m sure Fulham fans are relatively happy with the circa 55m they spent in the summer window. Trying to be ambitious and breaking their next ceiling which is to stay up in the Premier League. Which they’re actually performing quite well at attempting currently. So they are trying to break that ceiling no?

The one thing I would say is if you get a player on a free its not counted in the spend. But you can bet that players like Ohare and Vick will be on the big bucks in the club plus the uplift in wages from promotion that has to absorbed. We may have only had a net spend on transfers of 2.5 million in the Championship but in real terms the costs of the squad will have increased several times over.

shmmeee

Hypothetical question

Say we get shafted and stay as tenants with sisu in control

Could you carry on? Because tbh i would find it very very difficult dragging myself up there knowing we were going to be constantly skint, never a cat in hells chance of making the prem and knowing we will never ever get rid of them bastards who control us

If that happens it’s time for Sisu to go. I wouldn’t stop going, but I’d focus everything on getting them out as there’s no future with them in charge.

I’m not too fussed about the stadium, I think it doesn’t really matter if we rent or own, and not too bothered about Wasps until they fuck up so bad it stops out games. But the idea of watching us being held ransom on life support for no reason other than spite fills me with sadness.
The one thing I would say is if you get a player on a free its not counted in the spend. But you can bet that players like Ohare and Vick will be on the big bucks in the club plus the uplift in wages from promotion that has to absorbed. We may have only had a net spend on transfers of 2.5 million in the Championship but in real terms the costs of the squad will have increased several times over.

The value is nothing if they’re allowed to run down their contracts like last time Sisu we’re at this level.

The Philosopher

I fully expect SISU to be in the bidding either directly or through a patsy or other investment arm.

If the cost is Zero they’ll be in. If the cost is £100m they won’t, it’s where in between they bid and who else bids.

Gynnsthetonic

"
He said: “The model makes sense, - you have a fantastic venue with conferences, events, exhibitions and concerts and the excess from the venue pays for the sporting business, that’s fine in the normal world.

“When the organisation decided to take bond out seven years ago it automatically put a £35million debt onto the business.

“Then you add on all of the other debts over the years whether it’s pre-covid or not, if you count Derek’s loans [Richardson, Wasps owner] in there as well it’s over £100 million.”
Over £100m debts, how irresponsible from both Wasp and CCC for their due diligence

shmmeee

Enter company name, number or officer nameSearch
Advanced company searchLink opens in new window
Search the register – results
All results
Interesting new Rugby company only formed yesterday

Sadly not Mike Ashley’s law firm.

Nick

Administrator

"

So their model didn't make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread