Wasps going into admin & the impact on CCFC (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Philosopher

We all agree the place needs a whole repaint, a good clean in and out and new bogs, but surely thats not 20 Million?
Surely if it needed £20m spending it’d show as a contingent liability or some such in ACL’s accounts.

I guess it doesn’t. Unless they’ve only just discovered so since last filing.

I’m calling BS.

tisza

"
He said: “The model makes sense, - you have a fantastic venue with conferences, events, exhibitions and concerts and the excess from the venue pays for the sporting business, that’s fine in the normal world.

“When the organisation decided to take bond out seven years ago it automatically put a £35million debt onto the business.

“Then you add on all of the other debts over the years whether it’s pre-covid or not, if you count Derek’s loans [Richardson, Wasps owner] in there as well it’s over £100 million.”
Lots of models make sense if absolutely everything falls into place -but things rarely fall exactly into place.
Organisation used the 35 million to clear existing debt - council & Richardson.
But so many flawed assumptions were made in costing the move.eg how many paying supporters they could suddenly generate from basically zero in the market they were moving to. overvaluing future potential media income (something all rugby clubs did)

1ccfc

We all agree the place needs a whole repaint, a good clean in and out and new bogs, but surely thats not 20 Million?
Here is my quote Sir, £200,000.
Oh, someone else is paying you say! My mistake, I missed a zero off by accident. It should be £2,000,000.
Really! It's the council paying! I must apologise, I'm having one of those days and forgot to add an additional zero. Here is your quote, £20,000,000. If I get the job there might just be a cheeky drink in it for you, if you know what I'm mean ;)

olderskyblue

Here is my quote Sir, £200,000.
Oh, someone else is paying you say! My mistake, I missed a zero off by accident. It should be £2,000,000.
Really! It's the council paying! I must apologise, I'm having one of those days and forgot to add an additional zero. Here is your quote, £20,000,000. If I get the job there might just be a cheeky drink in it for you, if you know what I'm mean ;)
Tickets to the annual painter & decorators christmas do….

jordan210

Having listen to Vaughans interview on the Rugby pod. a few things of note

company line is to repeat the venue is profitable. He said this about 6 times.

Has meetings this week to try and find a buyer for wasps. Have been saying that for ages.

If wasps do get saved. Highly likely they will be playing in the CBS. Sounds like a way to pump the value of the arena up by having a second tenet.

jordan210

Why does he still have meetings if he has been made redundant?

He mentioned he will work for free or something. But is odd as said he has meetings on Thursday and keeps the coaches informed

He did say a few times that the council are very supportive of the arena business

edgy

Something isnt sitting right.

Why have Worcester been confirmed relegated after administration and Wasps haven't (yet)?

The RFU statement confirmed: "Under RFU Regulations, Worcester Warriors will be relegated from the Gallagher Premiership, and therefore if investors can be secured, the club will restart in the Championship in season 2023/24. The club is able to appeal this decision if it can show there was no fault insolvency.

edgy

From a quick google session on RFU website:

Worcester Administration - 26th Sept
Worcester Suspension for all Competitions - 3rd Oct
Worcester Season suspension & Relegation confirmed 6th Oct

10 days.

Wasps Administration - 17th Oct

tisza

Something isnt sitting right.

Why have Worcester been confirmed relegated after administration and Wasps haven't (yet)?

The RFU statement confirmed: "Under RFU Regulations, Worcester Warriors will be relegated from the Gallagher Premiership, and therefore if investors can be secured, the club will restart in the Championship in season 2023/24. The club is able to appeal this decision if it can show there was no fault insolvency.
Didn't they miss 2 league games? Wasps don't field a side Oct 30th (next league game) then they are gone.

RegTheDonk

Think we need to take what ever leaks with a pinch of salt.

Lots of games being played last week to try to save wasps and will continue with ACL
Could be dummy bids to try and keep the price up for those that ARE interested? There were loads of assurances of virtually done deals for Wasps that didn't pan out.

We just have to keep our fingers crossed that SISU have an endgame behind the scenes (ie actually sell us to someone who cares) and the other parties won't try and shaft us.

edgy

Didn't they miss 2 league games? Wasps don't field a side Oct 30th (next league game) then they are gone.

But the RFU regulations state that any club which enters administration will be relegated. Why hasnt that happened yet?

I presume there's some loopholes being explored.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

But the RFU regulations state that any club which enters administration will be relegated. Why hasnt that happened yet?

I presume there's some loopholes being explored.
They did but then with Worcester they mentioned it all happened when they missed the second game

in the paranoid world of SBT I think people are reading too much into that. Anyway let’s not pretend we care about rugby. Surely we don’t really care what happens to them now they’re out the Ricoh

edgy

They did but then with Worcester they mentioned it all happened when they missed the second game

in the paranoid world of SBT I think people are reading too much into that. Anyway let’s not pretend we care about rugby. Surely we don’t really care what happens to them now they’re out the Ricoh

the paranoid part of me thinks they arn't out of the Ricoh yet. Nor are the relegated or even fully suspended this season. I'll be a lot happier once the relegation is confirmed.

Nick

Administrator
the paranoid part of me thinks they arn't out of the Ricoh yet. Nor are the relegated or even fully suspended this season. I'll be a lot happier once the relegation is confirmed.

I am also expecting twists.

Although, they currently don't have any players or staff for the rugby side.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

We’ll probably get shafted but the rugby club are along way from coming back and into the Ricoh, what owner is going to pay up 50 mil, then play the rental figure at the Ricoh, they just won’t be able to afford it.

Liquid Gold

We’ll probably get shafted but the rugby club are along way from coming back and into the Ricoh, what owner is going to pay up 50 mil, then play the rental figure at the Ricoh, they just won’t be able to afford it.
That won't happen.

A dodgy Maltese hedge fund owner along with a compliant council could easily see £35m of debt disappear and an unencumbered arena appear though.

duffer

Having listen to Vaughans interview on the Rugby pod. a few things of note

company line is to repeat the venue is profitable. He said this about 6 times.

Has meetings this week to try and find a buyer for wasps. Have been saying that for ages.

If wasps do get saved. Highly likely they will be playing in the CBS. Sounds like a way to pump the value of the arena up by having a second tenet.

I don't think it'll be down to Vaughan whether they play at the CBS, that'll be up to the new owner of the arena.

It's also going to cost a fair wedge to open the site for just a couple of thousand fans; will phoenix Wasps (if they exist) really be able to afford it?

CCFC54321

I’m fucking well sick of wasps and all the dodgy stuff that’s starting to come out. I can’t believe the police aren’t having conversations about wasps and mishandling of the bond scheme.

CCFC54321

I don't think it'll be down to Vaughan whether they play at the CBS, that'll be up to the new owner of the arena.

It's also going to cost a fair wedge to open the site for just a couple of thousand fans; will phoenix Wasps (if they exist) really be able to afford it?
No they won’t and Vaughan should not be getting involved or influencing any decision making. He was part of the failed process and I’m pretty sure the administrator will be wanting him to fade away.

Liquid Gold

They put the admin notice on ACL late for a reason, I don't know what it was but if they were just cutting their losses and running then they would have done it all at the same time.

I've no doubt Richardson is trying something and has approached the council.

Whether they achieve it is another thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread