Wasps going into admin & the impact on CCFC (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jordan210

I am also expecting twists.

Although, they currently don't have any players or staff for the rugby side.

No one has joined another club yet. I’m sure some will in the coming days.

I guess untill the official notice of administration is live on public records will be rumours of this and that

duffer

Makes me uncomfortable reading rumours of staff being told to wait before signing elsewhere.

At least one of their players has already signed elsewhere, Biyi Alo to Racing 92 in France. It's in the live updates below, if you're interested.

Conversely there are also rumours of Jack Willis to Bristol and Atkinson to Leicester. Their big names aren't sticking around...

jordan210

The reason we might not have seen any thing from Rfu is currently there’s not even a club who can play in the championship

oldfiver

Unless someone buys both Wasps and the lease, and then gives them ownership of it again, this doesn't happen. If that was going to happen, it would surely have occurred whilst they were still a viable Premier division club.

What is there in "WASPs" to buy?

Nick

Administrator
Erm... the name, and a shitload of plastic flags?

giphy.gif

robbiethemole

No they won’t and Vaughan should not be getting involved or influencing any decision making. He was part of the failed process and I’m pretty sure the administrator will be wanting him to fade away.

Exactly this, he's part of the arseholes who fucked their club up and now, suddenly, he has the answers and is part of a solution?????
The numpties on Wasps site need to wake up and see these fuckers for the liars and cheats they are.

wingy

How much does the arena go for in admin?
Best estimates please.
I've got circa £20M whizzing in the grey matter.

Samo

Genuine question: Why do some people refer to WASPS with a small S at the end like this: WASPs ?

duffer

the paranoid part of me thinks they arn't out of the Ricoh yet. Nor are the relegated or even fully suspended this season. I'll be a lot happier once the relegation is confirmed.

Mate, if you're not looking hard for every possible downside, then you've probably not been a Cov fan for long enough. I know exactly how you feel! 🙂

oldfiver

No one has joined another club yet. I’m sure some will in the coming days.

I guess untill the official notice of administration is live on public records will be rumours of this and that

If FRP have said it is going into Admin - then it is. Court papers have to be prepared and served first.

oldfiver

Planning permission can remain intact of a period of years, domestically I think you have to start something within 3 years. Will building start with no finance - I suspect not. There was also the press coverage about Wasps not having paid the lease money for the site, as it wasn’t going to proceed. It was a bit bizarre that wasps were going to pay for the lease but Richardson doing the building, unless taken as more evidence that the move to Coventry was less about the rugby and more about enrichment of individuals through property development.

so - another failed project

see the shuffle?

Calista

At least one of their players has already signed elsewhere, Biyi Alo to Racing 92 in France. It's in the live updates below, if you're interested.

Conversely there are also rumours of Jack Willis to Bristol and Atkinson to Leicester. Their big names aren't sticking around...

Biyi Alo is quite a small name though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread