Wasps downward spiral... (5 Viewers)

Evo1883

Have they gone under or left yet ?
giphy.gif

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I didn't, you tied yourself up in knots which I admit I found pretty funny.

You are smart enough. It was pretty clear from my follow up posts that I was insinuating he went to both and claimed he was only there for the right reasons.

Your follow up posts prove my theory though really. You don't have an issue with cov fans watching wasps, fine. That's on you and your own morals. Just don't use it as a tag on for the strange issues you've had with me.

Brighton Sky Blue

Read this thread. People are just writing garbage without actually reading what I am saying.

My beef is that someone who frequently comments on financial stuff, which leans quite apologetically towards wasps in many circumstances, abandoned CCFC for a significant amount of time. Not that this on its own is particularly shocking, but he was going to watch wasps instead. He also went to a wasps game when there was a ccfc protest at the same time and tried to make himself look like a superfan by attending it.

No one on here is denying that he went to the wasps game, they just keep repeating that he was at the protest, which I have been agreeing with the whole time.

This is a bit of a bizarre angle to take on someone who hasn't stopped writing on here about CCFC even in that L2 season. Surely if he were going to 'abandon' the club it would have been the season before truth be told

Skybluefaz

You are smart enough. It was pretty clear from my follow up posts that I was insinuating he went to both and claimed he was only there for the right reasons.

Your follow up posts prove my theory though really. You don't have an issue with cov fans watching wasps, fine. That's on you and your own morals. Just don't use it as a tag on for the strange issues you've had with me.
Yep, I'll carry on watching the City and that will do me.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

This is a bit of a bizarre angle to take on someone who hasn't stopped writing on here about CCFC even in that L2 season. Surely if he were going to 'abandon' the club it would have been the season before truth be told

It isn't bizarre. He stopped going to ccfc games and switched it with wasps instead.

I don't agree with it, but I would have a higher level of respect for someone if they at least admitted it.

Grendel

There has been a feeling that OSB has in his previous posts over the last few years had a slight lean towards London wasps. I’ve bowed to his financial expertise but people I know have shook at the state of wasps accounts.

I’m not saying OSB is a wasps die hard but I do feel deep down he doesn’t align to the 99% of Coventry tax payers who don’t want London wasps in the city.

Most taxpayers couldn’t care less or even know they are here

chiefdave

This thread has taken a weird turn. Anyway in the fantasy land of Wasps supporters they are blaming the low crowds on the club not giving out as many free tickets. Bit odd as when people used to claim they were giving out loads of free tickets they denied it.

Not much mention of the accounts form their fans other than to claim that were it not for covid everything would now be fantastic and they'd be sat back counting their millions.

Grendel

bit weird people calling out OSB, and even f he did watch wasps, (which I'm fairly sure he didn't that day), he did turn up, and it would have been good if a few more did.

Its very weird to be honest

lifeskyblue

I think OSB posts on the finances have been way ahead of anyone else’s. That some interpret that as a leaning to Wasps might just be that anything perceived as positive to them is seen as support for them. To have someone give a non-biased expert opinion unpalatable to CCFC or not is always welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sick Boy

I may be wrong but I’m sure he was revealed as being connected to one of the parties involved in one of the court cases.

Flying Fokker

Interesting set of tabs open there.

I hope the NHS one is not too serious.
Hmm, yes, I spotted my error this morning and scroll down to see your post. Deleted it of course. The NHS is doing a tour of my body. I'm a fittish bloke as I do 5 hours exercise a week but the last 3 months have been a bit of a head scratch.

Flying Fokker

If he's been putting the door handles up there no wonder there's problems!
..My mrs threatened it if I don't change the front door handles from gold to chrome! Search 'The Unexplained Podcast' by Howard Hughes. Interesting incident at Burton Dassett Hills in 1923 and in Wales only 5 years ago.

Grendel

I think OSB posts on the finances have been way ahead of anyone else’s. That some interpret that as a leaning to Wasps might just be that anything perceived as positive to them is seen as support for them. To have someone give a non-biased expert opinion unpalatable to CCFC or not is always welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the attack seems to almost be to put him off putting his analysis on here

The losses don’t seem in the year to be as extreme as you’d expect.

duffer

Steady, gents, steady. I'd confidently challenge anyone here to a 'who hates Wasps the most' competition, but this all feels unnecessarily personal.

Could we just back to hammering the stripy bastards for the obvious crap they've pulled and let the other stuff go for a bit maybe?

I can't see that it adds much to the argument, especially when it's a 'he said she said' kind of thing with no real evidence either way.

Just a suggestion...

Grendel

Ultimately, you have to take what people say about themselves on trust really. Why, after all, would anybody lie about their own personal circumstances, and what they have done?

giphy.gif

NorthernWisdom

To be clear, I mean why would OSB lie? He says he went to the protest (he did) and he says he went home after. He has nothing to gain from making something up really, as the protest was always about just come and show your opposition to CCFC not playing at the Ricoh, from whatever perspective of whose fault it is.

I mean, maybe if we'd had more than 21, it might have looked like people were bothered!

But what can I take from this, other than he's telling the truth? It's the path to madness if we assume anything vaguely personal is made up, even on a message board. Nobody gains from that, really.

Grendel

To be clear, I mean why would OSB lie? He says he went to the protest (he did) and he says he went home after. He has nothing to gain from making something up really, as the protest was always about just come and show your opposition to CCFC not playing at the Ricoh, from whatever perspective of whose fault it is.

I mean, maybe if we'd had more than 21, it might have looked like people were bothered!

But what can I take from this, other than he's telling the truth? It's the path to madness if we assume anything vaguely personal is made up, even on a message board. Nobody gains from that, really.

giphy.gif

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Make your own minds up on the Wasps finances. I have done the following summary
HeadingDetailYear 2021Year 2020Year 2019
Turnover
WaspsRugby8.6m8.9m14.8m
ACLRents3.2m3.1m5.1m
IECEvents & Hospitality1.3m9.4m14.6m
total13.1m21.434.5m
Grants Received949k1.2m0
Wages
Total remuneration10.8m13.5m14.3m
employeesPlaying & Coaching616258
Other206242193
Gross Profit3.3m4.5m8.7m
Operating loss6.2m5.6m5.1m
Revaluation Surplus or (deficit)Premiership shares3.687m0
CVC share16.8m
Depreciation2.1m2.4m2.3m
Finance costs3.7m4m3.8m
Tax adjustment(0.5m)(1.3m)1.1m
Revaluation of lease after tax(1.2m)2.5m7m
Total losses after revaluations6.3m13.7m3.4m
Total Fixed Assets80.3m70.6m73.4
Which include
Assets revalued new valuePrem shares17.6m13.7m13.7m
Long lease52.4m48.5m52m
Assets purchased
Assets under construction He4m
other0.3m0.9m1.9m
Current AssetsStock, debtors,bank etc5.5m4.5m9.5m
Total Assets85.8m75.1m82.8m
Liabilities
Loans and borrowingBond35.2m33.8m33.8m
Director18.3m18.3m18.3m
other8.6m4.5m0.6m
Total62.1m56.6m52.7
Other creditors50.1m41.1m39m
Total liabilities112.2m97.6m91.7m
Balance Negative balance26.4m22.5m8.9m
Cash flow for year+917k(10.4m)+6.5m
Rugby Club profit or (loss) not inc ACL or IEC(3.9m)(8.8m)6.2m
Total Wages to Total turnover %age82.4%63.1%41.4%

My own comments
They remain as i have said repeatedly for years a basket case.
Results are better than I expected but they are still making big losses
Refinancing will not be a given, but they do have a substantial fixed asset which could be mortgaged at less than 70% of value . Covid and track record not helped that. It wont be an easy place though.
Turnover has been hit but what surprised me was the rugby income level being maintained despite no crowds
They have been cutting the payroll
The revaluation of the Premiership share is not a valuation they control.
Richardson has not put more money in to the club in the last 3 years
My opinion I still dont see them going bust unless the refinance fails, the need to refinance hasnt suddenly arisen
My opinion I still dont see them moving back down south - why spend all that money on training ground £4m+ if thats the plan
2021/22, CCFC returned, first full year of CBS sponsorship, Events back, hotel open - you can make your own conclusions on that and whether that changes the Wasps financial position

Not going to say more

stupot07

I think the rugby turnover maintaining despite decreasing attendances, really highlights that the attendances are flooded by freebies, so their rely on sponsorship and tv money which remains relatively static.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Philosorapter

"Refinancing will not be a given, but they do have a substantial fixed asset which could be mortgaged at less than 70% of value. "

My opinion I still dont see them going bust unless the refinance fails, the need to refinance hasnt suddenly arisen

Substantial fixed asset: I'm failing to see what this is meant to be.

I am sure what was sold was rights to run the Arena and not ownership of the ground.

Users who are viewing this thread