Wasps downward spiral... (10 Viewers)

Evo1883

That is piss poor. What figure did they announce?

Also good to see them on Sunday and us on Saturday. Means we've got the primacy.

And a club shop while they don't have one , feels like we own it these days tbh

hill83

4:30 Kick egg

MNMFzkAY.jpg

Evo1883

It's lovely to see the empty seats. Especially knowing one of my mates who deserted us is up there freezing his bollocks off.

Assuming this is now, are they playing now?
They played earlier , were 16 up at HT and lost , maybe he is still there pondering about why he left the sky blues 😆

Evo1883

They were getting a solid 9k every match at Wycombe.. I feel like they'd belong somewhere like Birmingham, be welcomed I mean

Gynnsthetonic

Can't see how they can afford to pay the players, running the stadium, paying for Henley in Arden etc, if like OSB said Richardson hasn't put any money in for 3 years then where is their finance coming from?

Evo1883

Wonder how much they make from us being there , if its not alot then I can't see how they can sustain this for let's say ... a decade

Brighton Sky Blue

Wonder how much they make from us being there , if its not alot then I can't see how they can sustain this for let's say ... a decade

If we by some large stroke of fortune end up in the top flight I imagine the rent will go up considerably. Though it does again raise the intriguing idea of buying them out with the proceeds

Gynnsthetonic

Like LG said we must have primacy tenancy, we have our own club shop and ticket office, they have nothing, must be soul destroying for their players too, got to be less than 5000 there. They might as well ground share with Cov RFC at the Butts!

JAM See

Can't see how they can afford to pay the players, running the stadium, paying for Henley in Arden etc, if like OSB said Richardson hasn't put any money in for 3 years then where is their finance coming from?
I often wonder the same about the likes of Stockport or Solihull in the round ball game.

Where exactly does the money come from?

Philosorapter

I think we are at the start of the inevitable collapse.

I just don't want to see parties trying to cash in on the sale of the Arena to save themselves from some amazing debt.

Liquid Gold

They were getting a solid 9k every match at Wycombe.. I feel like they'd belong somewhere like Birmingham, be welcomed I mean
If they didn't own the Ricoh then Birmingham would make a lot of sense. Moving to the Alexandra stadium post commonwealth games would suit and there wouldn't be the tribal animosity against them being seen to have stolen from a football team. Brummies would probably welcome them and they'd have a chance of decent crowds.

If they could shift the debt with a CBS sale and get some favourable terms over there I think they'd be mad not to consider it.

Gynnsthetonic

I often wonder the same about the likes of Stockport or Solihull in the round ball game.

Where exactly does the money come from?
They havnt got a 32000 arena to look after, I'm sure their owners and local businesses help with sponsorship and wages are nothing like premiership rugby players.

Evo1883

Would the council be able to stop wasps selling the arena to coventry city In the unlikely event of it ever happening ?

Brighton Sky Blue

I think most of us would take a season of getting battered in the PL if it meant owning the arena and having £100m in the championship.

Would probably end up with new owners too.

Owning the arena with no debt hanging over it is the key thing. Though I'd imagine promotion alone could be enough for SISU to sell

Evo1883

Owning the arena with no debt hanging over it is the key thing. Though I'd imagine promotion alone could be enough for SISU to sell

Would they walk away from a potential 100 mill a season if they could stay up on a budget ? Be like a Burnley so to say

JAM See

They havnt got a 32000 arena to look after, I'm sure their owners and local businesses help with sponsorship and wages are nothing like premiership rugby players.
Good point. And, as I live nearish to the ground I'll wander through the car park on my way to Tesco on the occasional weekday.

The car park is generally busy, so I assume the Arena is generating income through the week.

Maybe the conferences etc. are sustaining the rugby club. They can't be surviving on their attendances alone.

Gynnsthetonic

Nah it would need to be 100%. It would also mean really giving up the ghost on a serious attempt at top flight survival
Yes don't think Joy would want anything less than 100%, The council have been quiet for a bit too thank fuck, hopefully some of the more intelligent councillors can see the benefit of having a successful football team at the stadium and the feelgood factor in the area at the moment rather than pig headed attitude of Mutton, Lucas and Duggins

Brighton Sky Blue

Would the council be able to stop wasps selling the arena to coventry city In the unlikely event of it ever happening ?

It would surprise me if they could
Yes don't think Joy would want anything less than 100%, The council have been quiet for a bit too thank fuck, hopefully some of the more intelligent councillors can see the benefit of having a successful football team at the stadium and the feelgood factor in the area at the moment rather than pig headed attitude of Mutton, Lucas and Duggins

The club does still get internally mocked by some council figures from what I hear.

pipkin73

Sun

Also good to see them on Sunday and us on Saturday. Means we've got the primacy.
[/QUOTE

They were on BT Sport, that's why day and time (can't remember another game on a Sunday at this time). Due to the international Rugby I think

jordan210

When they dont announce attendance keep an eye on here

So far total attendee for the season is 28,170. Give it a few days and it will be updated

Passed on the 28k figure. they have played 4 games before today. So average of 7k

Last edited:

SlowerThanPlatt

When they dont announce attendance keep an eye on here

So far total attendee for the season is 28,170. Give it a few days and it will be updated

By the looks of that they’re not doing too bad attendance wise? If the figures announced are correct of course

Users who are viewing this thread