Wasps downward spiral... (7 Viewers)

Grendel

Yes but in a technical sense how can they seek a mortgage on something they don't technically own?

They own the lease any lease 125 years is considered freehold for loan purposes it’s only when it gets below 50 lenders get twitchy

Grendel

Can't see any company set up specifically to run a flat, which is what's happened at the Arena.

I think you can't make the same connection.

Many businesses have leases to the council and can easily get funding from it - it’s freehold at 125 for lending purposes

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Substantial fixed asset: I'm failing to see what this is meant to be.

I am sure what was sold was rights to run the Arena and not ownership of the ground.

No not the right to run it, the right to occupy the site for 250 years which is in legal terms equivalent to owning the freehold. No one else can use the site for that period of time without the express permission of wasps.

That right is valued at £52m in the latest financials and can and is used as security for borrowing

Philosorapter

No not the right to run it, the right to occupy the site for 250 years which is in legal terms equivalent to owning the freehold. No one else can use the site for that period of time without the express permission of wasps.

That right is valued at £52m in the latest financials and can and is used as security for borrowing

This would be in the confidential agreement between CCC and Wasps?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
This would be in the confidential agreement between CCC and Wasps?

No the lease detail has to be filed at the Land registry. Pay the fee you can get a copy. Has nothing to do with any confidential agreement

Philosorapter

No the lease detail has to be filed at the Land registry. Pay the fee you can get a copy. Has nothing to do with any confidential agreement

The confidential agreement may then bar the sale of the company that runs the Arena to another party?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
No idea but I don't think any commercial business would accept that. It restricts its value

Philosorapter

I think the last thing CCC would want to see is the sale of the company that runs the Arena to an entity which is separate from the team which plays there.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I think the last thing CCC would want to see is the sale of the company that runs the Arena to an entity which is separate from the team which plays there.

Most leases have a clause that requires the freehold owner approval on disposal, so CCC I would think has to be consulted and approve.

Philosorapter

Most leases have a clause that requires the freehold owner approval on disposal, so CCC I would think has to be consulted and approve.

So this information on the consultation and decision will be in Public domain, so it can be scrutinised seeing that CCC is the only freeholder?

Grendel

So this information on the consultation and decision will be in Public domain, so it can be scrutinised seeing that CCC is the only freeholder?

All owners of freehold have to grant an assignment to any new owner of a lease - this isn’t a staggering revelation

Grendel

The strange thing when their games are on the car parks look packed. This suggests most of the locals have probably given up

fernandopartridge

I think the rugby turnover maintaining despite decreasing attendances, really highlights that the attendances are flooded by freebies, so their rely on sponsorship and tv money which remains relatively static.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
And without any threat of relegation afaik not something that's at any great risk.

Philosorapter

All owners of freehold have to grant an assignment to any new owner of a lease - this isn’t a staggering revelation

I understand this, but I think it is not going to be as straight forward as what is being projected here.

Liquid Gold

That is piss poor. What figure did they announce?

Also good to see them on Sunday and us on Saturday. Means we've got the primacy.

Users who are viewing this thread