Wasps downward spiral... (10 Viewers)

chiefdave

Don't think I’ve ever waited around for the team to arrive but is it normal for the home side to all arrive at once like that? Makes it seem like they’ve all arrived on a team coach from somewhere.

Know they want to give the impression they’re integrated in Cov but their training ground is miles away, the ‘other’ Wasps side is still based in London and has had the same new logo the club here has so presumably still linked and apparently their former players association is still based, and meets in, London.

OffenhamSkyBlue

The only pro rugby game I've ever been to, Leicester Tigers fans spent the whole game singing Tiiiiigers, Tiiiiiigers over and over again, it was awful.
Saaaaaaaarries, Glaaaaaaaaaaasterrrrrrr, Waaaaaaaaaaaaarrriooooooors (Worcester) are pretty much the same.
Only difference is Baaaaaaaff, when they use the imaginative "Oggy, oggy oggy (Baaaff, Baaaff, Baaaff) - but also ad infinitum and ad nauseam. I think W*sps have tried to copy that too!

Brighton Sky Blue

Don't think I’ve ever waited around for the team to arrive but is it normal for the home side to all arrive at once like that? Makes it seem like they’ve all arrived on a team coach from somewhere.

Know they want to give the impression they’re integrated in Cov but their training ground is miles away, the ‘other’ Wasps side is still based in London and has had the same new logo the club here has so presumably still linked and apparently their former players association is still based, and meets in, London.

Imagine being a grown adult shouting ‘Wasps’ for a club that’s been around 5 minutes

Liquid Gold

lol
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL

giphy.gif

chiefdave

Basically, " doesn't matter if we're crap and nobody watches us, we've got a hotel".
Speaking of which what happened to the hotel that was being built on the car park? The one that had to be rushed through planning by the council to be ready for city of culture.

Always remember when one of their directors dropped his guard not long after the move and described Wasps as a property investment company with a rugby club on the side. There would have been uproar if that was us but not a word from their supporters.

Nick

Administrator
What I don't get is if they are building a hotel there, why are the Telegraph saying every other week that a flying car airport is also going to be there?

clint van damme

What I don't get is if they are building a hotel there, why are the Telegraph saying every other week that a flying car airport is also going to be there?

Sounds like a game of hedge fund bullshit poker.

I'll see your eco friendly ground at the University and raise you a flying car airport.

chiefdave

If you look into the flying airport thing its not actually what they're making out. I know that will come as a shock given its being pushed by Wasps and the Telegraph. Its a temporally proof of concept / exhibition.
Hyundai is serious about its eVTOL air taxi division, and has partnered with the UK Government, the Coventry City Council and Urban Air Port (UAP) to open a dedicated eVTOL and drone launch facility – the "world's smallest airport," in England later this year.

Yes, this year: 2021. A year in which the projected number of commercially operational eVTOL air taxis currently stands at zero. Indeed, we're likely looking at 2024-25 at the absolute earliest before the first tentative pilot programs go live and start carrying passengers around. Hyundai itself is estimating more like 2028.

So as we all wait for eVTOLs to get their act together, this platform, replete with a set of spectator bleachers, will spend most of its time gently depreciating in the famous English rain, interrupted by occasional technology demonstrations by cargo drone companies like Malloy Aeronautics, which has pledged to make some public flights from the site.
And it was supposed to be there for a few weeks in November 2021 so unless its also invisible that's not happening.

Grendel

Whoever it was, inspiring the deluded responses was worth it.

They seem to give as much of a fuck about Wasps as the owner and we do.

Basically, " doesn't matter if we're crap and nobody watches us, we've got a hotel".

The most staggering thing is the lack of activity on either forum - match day threads take up an average of about 10 - 12 posts in total

Liquid Gold

Correct, though they’ve been deleting some of my posts recently.
Do you have to go on the match threads so you're not rumbled?

Coming up with mad rugby stuff like "that was a good hug, the ref is a decent bloke, he's got his hand on his arse, wendyball, it's called a try even though it's a success and that makes sense, it's cold in here without anybody else in"

Grendel

Is this where we find out their entire forum is people from here, and there aren't actually any Wasps fans on it...?

In my latest incarnation I have survived over a year with 43 posts

fernandopartridge

Do you have to go on the match threads so you're not rumbled?

Coming up with mad rugby stuff like "that was a good hug, the ref is a decent bloke, he's got his hand on his arse, wendyball, it's called a try even though it's a success and that makes sense, it's cold in here without anybody else in"

Liberal refernence to Wendyball will see you through, even where it isn't relevant.

Grendel

On their other forum I am Agosto Blond Snowpack

Terry Gibson's perm

They have multiple income streams I think they forget they also have various cost streams. I can’t believe that anything there is making them a lot of money any exhibitions I have been to there have low attendance.

Users who are viewing this thread