Wasps downward spiral... (4 Viewers)

Skybluefaz

Just a post it note under his windscreen wiper.

giphy.gif

CCFC54321

Just had a look at the table and it shows why no relegation is a bad idea. How do you encourage people to go to games for the rest of the season when the games are completely meaningless?
The challenge is actually getting the accurate year on year attendances for London wasps.

Since 2014 it’s been a huge year on year decline but you cannot get an accurate gate as it appears inflated massively.

For example they played last Sunday afternoon and looking at pictures from all sides of the ground whilst the game was playing appeared no more than 4-5k in the ground but they announced 9k (?).

I’d love to know their season ticket sales since 2014, paying customers, are free tickets included in the gate?

jordan210

Is this one of those weird youth games tournaments they have?

No idea. But accounting to twitter game isn't included in season ticket. So I doubt attendance will be very much.

Looks like a shite pointless cup. Prem rugby dont even show attendance for any match !

Kneeza

No idea. But accounting to twitter game isn't included in season ticket. So I doubt attendance will be very much.

Looks like a shite pointless cup. Prem rugby dont even show attendance for any match !
Yes, it is a shite pointless cup that nobody has any affection for, and clubs rest First XV players from, so please don't read anything into the result.
Lovely to see scorelines like that though, all said and done 😉

lifeskyblue

Fromm BBC sport:
Elsewhere, Leicester got their second win from two games with an emphatic 55-7 victory at Wasps.

I know it’s not the most important cup competition in rugby but a hammering at home by any measure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kneeza

Fromm BBC sport:
Elsewhere, Leicester got their second win from two games with an emphatic 55-7 victory at Wasps.

I know it’s not the most important cup competition in rugby but a hammering at home by any measure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wasps' squad of 23 totalled well under 100 first team appearances, with the majority of them being relatively recent Academy graduates.
Leicester's in the region of 500.
I'd suggest it was a bit one-sided, experience-wise.
Far be it for me to defend the shites, but, balance.

pusbccfc

Wow... Clearly most the people in the video are Tigers fans too.

Worth remembering Wasps fans argued about this competition a few years ago when they got 10k.

Terry Gibson's perm

Will be interesting to see photos of the crowd at the 'Christmas Cracker' which is usually their biggest of the season.

I have a person in the street that was a massive Wasps fan a couple of years ago, I recently heard him say that they had been watching Tigers and his lad was a flag bearer.

OffenhamSkyBlue

There were more at Worcester for the women's game between England and USA yesterday. I will admit to not being excited by women's sport in general, but i watched this as i had nothing else to do and it was on BBC2, and i have to say i was REALLY impressed with the skill level, tactics, physicality, etc. Reminded me of the old days of rugby before the brute-force professional era brought the "do not lose at all costs" ethos with 15 blokes all built like prop forwards and lined up across the pitch like in RL (which i hate!).
The kicking game is a bit weak both from the tee and touch kicks from penalties. Is that a physical strength thing, perhaps? The tackling technique is far better than the men's game has descended into.

Only down side yesterday that it was so one-sided, with England thrashing the Yanks (ranked 5th in the world) 89-0. There was a discussion on Twitter that England being too good for everyone else (poss exception of France) is decreasing global interest in the game.

But i enjoyed it and may well seek it out in future.

Users who are viewing this thread