Wasps downward spiral... (5 Viewers)

NorthernWisdom

Just on the morals of going to Wasps:

I've got a mate or two who go occasionally. I don't fall out with them, I just explain to them why I think Wasps shouldn't be here.

They're still mates though, I don't consider them immoral, or at least any more immoral than they already were. :)

The truth of it is though, that I've yet to meet a Wasps fan from this part of the world who supports the team with the kind of passion that CCFC or CRFC fans take as given.

Which, I think, is another reason why they're struggling - they haven't established a genuine fanbase here, just some people who'll go every now and then when it suits them. It's an excuse for a couple of beers, or to get the kids out of the house for a bit mostly, there's no genuine investment in the team.
Personally I think the sooner nobody goes to see Wasps, the sooner they fail and franchising as a concept is proven not to work, and it dissuades other clubs in whatever sport from trying in the future.

That being said, for said protest, going that hardcore wasn't going to get anybody out to it. As it happened, we *still* didn't, so I guess it made no difference(!) but for a protest, you need to decide, pragmatically, what the most important thing is. At that point, it was the risk of CCFC not being based in Coventry - everything else could wait.

Last edited:

Grendel

So we have gone from a mock court situation and several pages of people refusing to accept it, to ´not the crime of the century, just let it go.´

I think that just about says it all in regards to some people´s morals regarding Wasps. Not that this was ever really in question to anyone other than the 5 or 6 on this thread who are now joking about going home with each other.

Anyway enough, I´ve made my point to death. You can have your thread back now. ;)

Well no I still believe his version of events and not yours so thats it really

chiefdave

The truth of it is though, that I've yet to meet a Wasps fan from this part of the world who supports the team with the kind of passion that CCFC or CRFC fans take as given.
I worked with one. Welsh chap who believed every word of rubbish that the Wasps board would come out with and recite it as fact.

There was another one at work, again Welsh, he went to game but didn't really support them. Just was a big rugby fan who wanted to watch the player on opposing teams as much as Wasps, he would quite happily admit they shouldn't be in Cov.

clint van damme

So we have gone from a mock court situation and several pages of people refusing to accept it, to ´not the crime of the century, just let it go.´

I think that just about says it all in regards to some people´s morals regarding Wasps. Not that this was ever really in question to anyone other than the 5 or 6 on this thread who are now joking about going home with each other.

Anyway enough, I´ve made my point to death. You can have your thread back now. ;)

Most of us don't believe OSB went into the Wasps game, you do.
We could argue all night but no ones going to change anyone's mind.
The fact we actually turned up to a protest about the situation should tell you our feelings on Wasps. The fact we're joking about the day is neither here or there and it's pretty silly to mention it.

Grendel

Most of us don't believe OSB went into the Wasps game, you do.
We could argue all night but no ones going to change anyone's mind.
The fact we actually turned up to a protest about the situation should tell you our feelings on Wasps. The fact we're joking about the day is neither here or there and it's pretty silly to mention it.

The irony also of course is one turned up and the other couldn’t be arsed

Grendel

Or my Uncle Jack who lost both his legs in a traffic accident. Bloody hell, I could be related to Grendel!!

I think ESB is legless a lot of the time which at least explains a lot

Philosorapter

Conspiracy theory of the day:

The reason there is a delay in the ruling of the European Court of Justice or whichever thing it falls under, is that they are still waiting to see if the deal will break state-aid rules.

Last edited:

CCFC54321

A guy at are place is from high Wycombe and supports wasps and moved into Warwickshire recently. He told me that although he lives local he only goes a couple off times a year but only if he gets a free ticket and even then he only really goes for the beer all day.

He also says they shouldn’t be in Coventry and the move will never work out.

pusbccfc

So we get restrictions on crowd numbers, fences, ridiculous searches etc while they're booking an awards ceremony that has been marred on multiple occasions in the past by violence.

Because there's never violences at the Ricoh for football?

hill83

FFS

"Can we as as small point get rid of the claustrophobic turnstiles- designed to control football hooligans? No rugby ground elsewhere has these and we should not have them .I don’t go to the CBS for many reasons but have many times but freak out at the turnstiles"

🤣

Probably can’t squeeze through them

Brighton Sky Blue

FFS

"Can we as as small point get rid of the claustrophobic turnstiles- designed to control football hooligans? No rugby ground elsewhere has these and we should not have them .I don’t go to the CBS for many reasons but have many times but freak out at the turnstiles"

🤣

They’ve already taken Bovril off the menu now this?

jordan210

Their boxing game match has kids tickets at £5 and reduced Adults ones. Also season ticket holders got 3 extra tickets free.....

TomRad85

FFS

Give me the kind of cunts who follow football over the kind of cunts who follow Rugby any day of the week. Especially a plastic wanker club like Wasps. You really are talking about about a peak level tosser.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Pete

Give me the kind of cunts who follow football over the kind of cunts who follow Rugby any day of the week. Especially a plastic wanker club like Wasps. You really are talking about about a peak level tosser.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Don’t mince your words

hill83

Repeating myself, and being a bit hypocritical.

But why do rugby fans always bring up football and compare themselves to football for pretty much everything. “At least we show the ref respect, not like football”

Would anyone of us be taking about rugby if wasps weren’t about? I know I wouldn’t. But they can’t help themselves.

fernandopartridge

FFS

This is a load of blokes who watch a sport where they have something called a 'scrum'

Tommo1993

Absolutely nothing is claustrophobic about Wasps games recently. Proper weird breed aren’t they.

Ah, the good old claustrophobic days of playing Forest Green at home.

CCFC54321

The guy who walked into my local gym this week I have no doubt will think twice about wearing an old wasps training t shirt again… smug attention seeking prick.

hill83

The guy who walked into my local gym this week I have no doubt will think twice about wearing an old wasps training t shirt again… smug attention seeking prick.

Did you send him a strongly worded email with a link to this thread?

Users who are viewing this thread