Wasps downward spiral... (3 Viewers)

CCFC54321

I think this is money to support the commonwealth games not the stadium bailout. (I hope)

Sky Blue Pete

To be fair next time Cllr duggins and Abdul tell me ccc can’t do anything to assist I will repeat that it’s nonsense and of course they can

CCFC54321

Guys- happy to be shot down here but I don’t think it is the recent hand out request but from a previous project (commonwealth games)

I bloody well hope so!!!!

Grendel

don't forget O'Boyle who looks to have been on the investment panel so no doubt pushing Wasps.

O Boyle Maton duggins will not be on any grant panel for Wasps claim

This will be Martin Reeves who will be supporting the claim to the panel

Grendel

Martin Reeves, the one with no links to it all? ha

He will argue the case if it ever gets to panel on the basis of lost jobs, local economic impact on other businesses. Community standing etc

oldfiver

Martin Reeves, the one with no links to it all? ha

Director of Arena Coventry Ltd 2010 > 2014 - Highly succesful tenure?

Leader at WMCA 2016-2017 - then

Now leader of CCC and redirects WASPs requests to ermmmmmmm

fernandopartridge

It's quite hard to keep a track of the various bits of public funding that Wasps and related entities have been in receipt of, less mentioned is the fee they got from the CWG for hosting the games (said to be in the region of £4m) - this is on top of the £5.3m investment from the CWLEP.

CCC of course are represented on the boards of CWG, CWLEP and WMCA.

chiefdave

It's quite hard to keep a track of the various bits of public funding that Wasps and related entities have been in receipt of, less mentioned is the fee they got from the CWG for hosting the games (said to be in the region of £4m) - this is on top of the £5.3m investment from the CWLEP.

And to think the council told us we couldn't have an ownership stake in the Ricoh as taxpayer money going to a private business would be state aid!

Nick

Administrator

Reeves reminds me of the dad who manages the football team who keeps picking their kid who's shit and trying their best to make them a pro.

RegTheDonk

Not sure it will be "telegraph" worthy, but Mr Gilbert is doing what a proper journalist should do... we are just not used to it after being used to Telegraph doing the PR for Wasps and CCC and most falling for it!!
That needs to be re-tweeted to Andy Street and the rest of the gullibles in power.

MalcSB

I know for a fact you can still donate to the defunct charity which was struck off for failing to file accounts

chiefdave

Beeb article claims they want to reinstate the charity
Come on BSB, we all know when you want to expand your offering you close down the charity completely first and then restart it, normal business practice as Fisher would say :ROFLMAO:
Plans have been announced to reinstate the club's foundation ... to increase community outreach and funded programmes.

The new charitable foundation, expected to be launched in coming months, would focus on not-for-profit programmes and activities funded by donations or third parties, the rugby club has said.
Wasps doing something and expecting it to be funded by someone else, must be a mistake.

Grendel

A new poster enters the other Wasps forum - which has the same people on as the other one

oldfiver

Come on BSB, we all know when you want to expand your offering you close down the charity completely first and then restart it, normal business practice as Fisher would say :ROFLMAO:

Wasps doing something and expecting it to be funded by someone else, must be a mistake.

In contrast :

Coventry Rugby is delighted to announce that the new home and away playing shirts for the 2022/23 are here! A brand new navy-blue home shirt, and a classical, Coventry sky-blue away jersey are available to purchase from the club shop.

Details on the Cov Rugby thread

Users who are viewing this thread