Wasps downward spiral... (3 Viewers)

oldfiver

Richardson is planning something incredibly dodgy.

If I held anything in those bonds I'd be looking at exercising the charge asap.

The Bondholders FB Group getting active

Yhe Trustee is going to have a busy Monday on his first day back off holiday

chiefdave

Great article, absolutely spot on and not the first former employee recently to warn things aren't well at Wasps.

This part is something Wasps supporters just don’t seem to be able to grasp.
The club’s hierarchy and its loyal supporters like to say it is only a vocal minority who oppose their presence, but eight years on that really isn’t the case. I remember speaking to a 75-year-old neighbour of my late mother who knows nothing about sport and when I said I watched a lot of rugby at Wasps she asked: ‘Is that the club that stole our stadium?’

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

What gets me is that they just don’t get it. yes we know SISU were the reason they’re here, the for me it’s the fact they took advantage of a situation they had no business being involved with, then expect us to be thankful they’re letting us play.

The stadium was soldby the council to spite Joy. When she eventually up sticks, rather than having to negotiate with a council - we now have to deal with a third party business whoare basically slum lords at this point.

they Deserve everything they get as a business, and a sports team.

RegTheDonk

From someone who's worked for them, looking for a sugar daddy with deep pockets. Must have an endless supply of cash and daft in head if he wants to continue losing £10M a year. WASPs fans will probably say Paul Smith must have an axe to grind, being so negative, but hes deffo right being a local lad when he says without freebies, the locals aren't interested.

tisza

Still think bondholders weren't particularly bright in investing. Fell for some spiel and glossy brochures.
Nothing to suggest rugby is such a huge untapped market as Wasps claimed.
So many large cities without a serious rugby presence. Premiership full of small city teams.
None can sellout grounds with average size of around 15k.
Few professional sports teams are making decent money from their stadiums. RICOH isn't some goose with golden eggs.
Investors going on about selling stadium but their club don't seem to generate enough money to pay the rent to stay in such a stadium under new ownership.

Gynnsthetonic

Still think bondholders weren't particularly bright in investing. Fell for some spiel and glossy brochures.
So many large cities without a serious rugby presence. Premiership full of small city teams.
Few professional sports teams are making decent money from their stadiums. RICOH isn't some goose with golden eggs.
Investors going on about selling stadium but their club don't seem to generate enough money to pay the rent to stay in such a stadium under new ownership.
The stadium is worth £0, don't think Sisu will pay a bean for it, they want it for nothing debt free, whether that will happen who knows

NorthernWisdom

Slightly related, but I'd love to know how Darlington can afford to stay in that Arena.

Kneeza

I know. Darlington Rugby Club use it
Just to be pedantic, Darlington RFC play a couple of miles away. It's Mowden Park that play at the NE Arena.
If you'd ever been there you'd know why their average gate is in three figures. It's the coldest place on earth. I think my left testicle is still frozen to one of the seats there.

chiefdave

I have to say that was an absolute brilliant article.
No doubt Shugs will tell everyone it’s someone who has it in for Wasps 😂 At some point when everyone is saying the same thing and everything is pointing to their being problems it might be wise to consider there might actually be a problem

MalcSB

No doubt Shugs will tell everyone it’s someone who has it in for Wasps 😂 At some point when everyone is saying the same thing and everything is pointing to their being problems it might be wise to consider there might actually be a problem
He already has. “ Another ex employee. Ex bring key.“ (sic)

They really don’t get that if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it’s probably a duck.

oldfiver

It needs Street and WMCA to come out and refuse the £13m grant application. The applicant is not repaying capital debt, not profit making and is still not filing statutory documents.

TomRad85

I said the council wouldn't let them fail.

It's a fucking disgrace.
No one will ever see any benefit from that money, its just delaying the inevitable as they can't really be doing this every year.... can they?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread