Wasps downward spiral... (4 Viewers)

SBAndy

Saying he’s on the board, they have lost most their best players, as players used to be attracted to wasps to play in London and now they have lost that draw and identify and need to get a new one to attract players. Also says they need to decide if they are a rugby club with business interests , or a business with a rugby team

Very interesting, sounds like discourse at board level.

chiefdave

Saying he’s on the board, they have lost most their best players, as players used to be attracted to wasps to play in London and now they have lost that draw and identify and need to get a new one to attract players. Also says they need to decide if they are a rugby club with business interests , or a business with a rugby team
All true but what is interesting is this is the person they've wheeled out in the past to deflect bad news. If the penny has dropped for him has it for others?

Sky Blue Harry H

Come on Leinster - reduces chance of Wasps qualifying for Europe. That is a good thing - I think?!

chiefdave

Despite the mass exodus, doesn't sound like the biggest club in Europe elect will be signing any replacements. Another zombie club at the Ricoh, the place is cursed, or that £21m lease premium is causing another team hardship

Dai Young's update on search for coach and new signings
What happened to being the richest club in Europe?

Even the biggest Wasps fan can’t spin this as anything but bad news, no money to bring in players and can’t even offer a contract to a coach without getting special permission.

Nick

Administrator
So coaches are turning them down, loads of players have left and they aren't signing any more players and just using the academy players?

Nick

Administrator
Isn't the annual report due now to bondholders?

Pick some numbers

giphy.gif

SBAndy

I'd go more CCFC 2011ish, i.e. the summer before we got relegated from the Championship

That season has long gone from my memory!

The one saving grace for Wasps (if you can call it that) is the return from injury of Jimmy Gopperth. Very good player. That said, a lot of other key players that he linked well with are leaving/have left.

OffenhamSkyBlue

What a heap of toss! Just renaming for the day?!
Someone should tell them that Andy Goode was a Leicester Tigers "legend" (199 appearances and 1800 points). He only played 51 times for W*sps pretty much after he had failed everywhere else.

God imagine if we did something as cringeworthy as calling somewhere "The Sky Blue Tavern" ... :eek:)

chiefdave

Some of their fans aren't happy. Seems they have an app where you can order beer delivered to your seat at £6 a pint. Ran out of beer but kept accepting orders and charging people :facepalm:

djbooth

But they are meant to be selling out every game surely they would have enough beer with them such great attendance

fernandopartridge

Some of their fans aren't happy. Seems they have an app where you can order beer delivered to your seat at £6 a pint. Ran out of beer but kept accepting orders and charging people :facepalm:
When money is tight you'll buy as little stock as possible, presumably don't want any wastage. I said all the marketing gimmicks were unsustainable.

Terry Gibson's perm

Their netball team lost in the final after two years of winning it so the Wasps situation is getting worse

CCFC88

See how this turns out, I thought it would be a really bad thing them missing out on the Champions Cup, but they'll be in the Europa League against a lower quality of side and will probably do quite well in it , they'll be able to market any latter stage as European Quarter, European Semi which will get the simpletons that have latched on in the last 3 years excited.

If they'd made the Champions Cup they'd definitely have been dumped out at the group stages.

Not sure how it will leave them in terms of players not joining them due to wanting to play in the Champions cup etc, and I would assume they'll receive less cash for competing in the lower level. Ridiculous that simply staying up gets you into European competition.

Users who are viewing this thread