Wasps downward spiral... (6 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
He's doing the Christmas lights, they're switching them on in July though as he's only available that weekend.

giphy.gif

chiefdave

Joking aside this is piss poor for the venue and the city. Since Wasps took over multiple events have been cancelled.

MTV Crashes Coventry was supposed to run for three years but moved elsewhere after one:
MTV Crashes Coventry is part of a three-year agreement between MTV UK and the Ricoh Arena, with the support of Coventry City Council.
Then the Stepback concert:
Customers claim to be out of pocket after failed 80s concert

And now this. Amazingly after the mess of Stepback and people not getting their money back when the promoter went bust Soundscape, the latest event to be cancelled was the same promoter, albeit using a different company name. Didn't that set alarm bells off?

fernandopartridge

The reality is that Ricoh is not an attractive venue, it's really poorly located. Being convenient for the motorway isn't much use a lot of the time. These sort of events people generally want to go out on the beer and drop in when they like, Ricoh does not support that.

chiefdave

The reality is that Ricoh is not an attractive venue, it's really poorly located. Being convenient for the motorway isn't much use a lot of the time. These sort of events people generally want to go out on the beer and drop in when they like, Ricoh does not support that.
And this is before a new stadium opens in Birmingham for the Commonwealth games. Once that's there it will be come far harder to attract stadium acts to the Ricoh.

Liquid Gold

I worked for a while on the events circuit and stuff like this is really bad for them. When considering a venue this is all taken into account and constant failure to make things happen will be a bad mark against them. They'll either have to lower the cost of hiring the venue, significantly hitting their profits or just take on less profitable events that aren't even looking at other similar venues.

Brighton Sky Blue

Well it might if the train service weren’t so poor. Maybe Eastwood could offer piggy backs

Terry Gibson's perm

Oh, and on top of this point, those on Drunken Wasps who have dreams of letting the Arena out for 25 occasions a year when CCFC move out, dream fucking on.

How to make yourself really popular with the local residents I hope they kick up a stink

CCFC54321

Any London Wasps fans viewing, I think you're all cunts too.
Some prick walked into the gym tonight wearing a wasps t shirt. What irritates me is he knew full well what he was doing. He knew he was going to get the stares and head nods etc. What a thick twat doing that at such a sensitive moment. Anyway, I made it obvious it wasn’t right and he was no where to be seen shortly afterwards.

I should of asked him if was from Coventry...if so he would have got both barrels.

Nick

Administrator
Used to a full kit one in the gym I went to. Trainers as well.

Think he was a bit special though, he spent more time stretching and being weird than doing anything else.

Used to be my mission to follow him about and put the weights right up after he had done anything and make sure he knew.

Liquid Gold

I've sometimes worn a cov top in the gym down here. Feel weird wearing a football top anywhere but going to the football though

SBAndy

Used to a full kit one in the gym I went to. Trainers as well.

Think he was a bit special though, he spent more time stretching and being weird than doing anything else.

Used to be my mission to follow him about and put the weights right up after he had done anything and make sure he knew.

Yeah you show him.

CCFC54321

Heaving in the fan village:

15502 crowd apparently

When will the penny finally drop that’s it’s not working and despite all the fireworks, free tickets, parties etc etc it won’t work being here.

I spoke to a season ticket holder last week and there words were the atmosphere is awful and getting worse and they even asked me how long they had left!

Also the ‘wigly group’ who ever they are hope your conscious is clear sponsoring the franchise. Bad move chaps.

CanadianCCFC

Just ignore the fact that the word London is a bigger draw than Coventry or than just wasps and enjoy the fact that it says London

chiefdave

See the netball is so popular they've moved Wasps semi final from the Ricoh to a sports hall at Warwick Uni.

CCFC54321

See the netball is so popular they've moved Wasps semi final from the Ricoh to a sports hall at Warwick Uni.
You mean they have a netball team?!?!?!?

Gods struth- does Coventry city council know about this!!!?? I’m sure they will promote the little fuckers to help them out.

speedie87

What’s the latest with wasps getting planning permission to start the training ground at old leam’s place?

OffenhamSkyBlue

There are ZERO (recent) applications to Warwick DC for ANY planning permission at Old Leamingtonians RFC, Bericote Road, Leamington.

More bullshit?

Covkid1968#

Listened to the Rugby show and how Cov Rugby are going fully professional this year and getting premier league ready. Few years ago they were playing Exeter in a Friday night and now the Chiefs are the only profitable premier league team. For me it’s clear the game is a mess and there will be a high profile team that goes tits up.... let’s hope it’s the London club. Meanwhile our local team with history and the support are slowly building and preparing in a professional and unflashy way. Whilst years away... Cov in the premier will kill the wasps off overnight..I ask that we all endeavour to attend one or two games a year to speed up the process. Come on Cov

speedie87

Guessing he says every body is jealous and they are in great shape?

Saying he’s on the board, they have lost most their best players, as players used to be attracted to wasps to play in London and now they have lost that draw and identify and need to get a new one to attract players. Also says they need to decide if they are a rugby club with business interests , or a business with a rugby team

Users who are viewing this thread