Was anything thrown today ? (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

Don't forget the thousands injured here

1659441331561.png

Oh nobody was, weird that.

Remember when all those people suffocated to death in Turkey?

1659441392732.png

No? That's because it didn't happen.

People are chucking them because they don't want to be kicked out for holding them. Let fans in an area use them and it'll be fine.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Don't forget the thousands injured here

View attachment 25602

Oh nobody was, weird that.

Remember when all those people suffocated to death in Turkey?

View attachment 25603

No? That's because it didn't happen.

People are chucking them because they don't want to be kicked out for holding them. Let fans in an area use them and it'll be fine.
A designated area may work for a home game, but intrigued to hear how it works at an away ground.

pusbccfc

Its not just coventry fans though. Reading away flares were being thrown by both fans and also stoke last game. Its quite pathetic.

Not according to Sunderland fans. It's only us.

Liquid Gold

A designated area may work for a home game, but intrigued to hear how it works at an away ground.
Yeah it would be more difficult with fewer people for sure.

I think all away ends should have a safe standing/a bit wilder area and one for people to actually sit down and it being properly enforced.

Would maybe encourage more people to go to away games if they knew they could sit comfortably.

duffer

They just happened to have been used safely on the continent for decades but it's impossible here?

How do you know they've been used 'safely'. Just because no one died at the time doesn't mean their health hasn't been damaged or could have been.

Strangely enough there haven't been many large scale studies on the effect of inhaling smoke from smoke bombs because generally speaking no one other than football fans (some without any option, obviously) have been daft enough to do it.

I did a bit of digging and here's a few things that suggest it might be a bad idea.

My lad has asthma too, it can be triggered by any number of things, but smoke inhalation is an obvious and well known one. You haven't felt real fear until one of your kids isn't breathing properly, trust me.

Does he have avoid football now because someone needs a flare to make a better atmosphere (no pun intended). It's also nonsense to say that it's safe because they're used abroad, it took me a few minutes to find this...

So apologies mate, but I think you're wrong on this one. They're not safe and just because they're here doesn't mean we need to accept them, even if they do look pretty to you...

Liquid Gold

How do you know they've been used 'safely'. Just because no one died at the time doesn't mean their health hasn't been damaged or could have been.

Strangely enough there haven't been many large scale studies on the effect of inhaling smoke from smoke bombs because generally speaking no one other than football fans (some without any option, obviously) have been daft enough to do it.

I did a bit of digging and here's a few things that suggest it might be a bad idea.

My lad has asthma too, it can be triggered by any number of things, but smoke inhalation is an obvious and well known one. You haven't felt real fear until one of your kids isn't breathing properly, trust me.

Does he have avoid football now because someone needs a flare to make a better atmosphere (no pun intended). It's also nonsense to say that it's safe because they're used abroad, it took me a few minutes to find this...

So apologies mate, but I think you're wrong on this one. They're not safe and just because they're here doesn't mean we need to accept them, even if they do look pretty to you...
But you're completely missing the point. I'm talking about taking it away from people that it could cause issues for and putting it in a particular area where people are consenting to it happening.

Your personal fears are clouding your rationality here.

It is here, it isn't going to go away. There are already warnings, bans and sentences for it so I don't know exactly what you suggest doing more to crack down on it.

I think no prohibition works and it should be well regulated instead.

Also, for clarity, I have never thrown a smoke bomb in my life.

D

Deleted member 2477

Anyone who threw a flare, or a bottle or a coin or anything into a populated area is an idiot and if they did so knowingly they’re a dickhead. As a Cov fan I’d like to apologise to any Sunderland fan who was hit, or nearly hit, or just rightfully angry about this occurrence.

On the other hand I have seen accusations of other objects being thrown without verification that seem hard to believe. I was at the 5-4 game three years ago and thought it was odd in this day and age that there wasn’t a single piece of photographic evidence of the “hoyed” objects (include a supposed bag of excrement) thrown down onto the “Bairns and women” on that occasion.

It seems like a flare was thrown. This was stupid and dangerous. Let’s leave it there for now.
I also only saw the flare and i find the rest of it hard to believe when you read their forum as its clearly a few trying to stir trouble making things up. If a few idiots did then they deserve a life time ban but with a row of police and stewards at the front of the stand who never saw anything except the flare I think this is idiots on their forum having an motive to stir trouble and ban us attending next season. I hope ccfc return the compliment of a reduction in allocation and the other shenanigans that went on with the team names by the tannoy announcer etc

djr8369

But you're completely missing the point. I'm talking about taking it away from people that it could cause issues for and putting it in a particular area where people are consenting to it happening.

Your personal fears are clouding your rationality here.

It is here, it isn't going to go away. There are already warnings, bans and sentences for it so I don't know exactly what you suggest doing more to crack down on it.

I think no prohibition works and it should be well regulated instead.

Also, for clarity, I have never thrown a smoke bomb in my life.
How do you plan to keep smoke in a specified area?
Regardless of whether any accidents or incidents were reported do you have any idea of the damage smoke inhalation does?

Hobo

Football is a crap game and not exciting enough. Lets turn it into a pyrotechnics display so we can all enjoy the pretty colours.

clint van damme

Its not just coventry fans though. Reading away flares were being thrown by both fans and also stoke last game. Its quite pathetic.

A youngsters got their face cut with a coin at Reading as well but the reaction on here was a lot more considered and a lot less hysterical.

They really are a bunch of fucking fannies on that message board but I don't consider them representative of the whole Sunderland fan base.

As far as the incident goes, whoever threw a bottle should be banned and prosecuted if caught. But they'll be accusations of hand grenades been thrown next with that shower of bullshitters, the account of Chesterfield away is fucking hilarious, absolute bullshit.

Liquid Gold

Love that our statement has basically told them to stop exaggerating bollocks while also condemning the actual offence.

Someone on their forum reiterated that a back of human piss and shit Landon in his Nan’s lap the other year. Proper jokers.

Last edited:

Finham

Love that our statement has basically told them to stop exaggerating bollocks while also condemning the actual offence.

Someone on their forum reiterated that a back of human piss and shit Landon in his Nan’s lap the other year. Proper jokers.
Would animal shit be better? I mean I suppose so, very slightly, somehow, but I am not entirely sure why... :unsure:

Hertsccfc

A youngsters got their face cut with a coin at Reading as well but the reaction on here was a lot more considered and a lot less hysterical.

They really are a bunch of fucking fannies on that message board but I don't consider them representative of the whole Sunderland fan base.

As far as the incident goes, whoever threw a bottle should be banned and prosecuted if caught. But they'll be accusations of hand grenades been thrown next with that shower of bullshitters, the account of Chesterfield away is fucking hilarious, absolute bullshit.
I was in the Chesterfield end at that match as i couldn't get a ticket for the away end. Saw no problem before, during or after the match at all. Just some guy put a cone on his head during the pitch invasion.

alexccfc99

Sick and tired of being generalised, in any other walk of life it’s socially unacceptable to tar a group of people with the same brush but in football it’s pretty common spread

Already talk on twitter of how SAFC fans plan on exacting their ‘revenge’ for the game at the CBS, an occasion we could do without, will be a toxic atmosphere

SKYBLUES90

I’ve seen numerous Sunderland fans say that glass bottles were raining down hitting children, coins, flares etc all narrowly missing elderly people, a paramedic being hit by a glass bottle etc etc.

Our statement reads, yes there were isolated incidents, we’ve reviewed this with the police. Stop over exaggerating.

Honestly never known a stranger fan base than that lot, apparently all the match day stewards are Newcastle fans which is why it’s so easy to sneak flares and glass bottles in. You Couldn’t make it up…Oh no wait you really could.

alexccfc99

CCFC statement was spot on - Anyone found to have lobbed anything will take appropriate action

They seem to have some ridiculous faux outrage about a non-apology they would have poo poo’ed anyway

alexccfc99

I’ve seen numerous Sunderland fans say that glass bottles were raining down hitting children, coins, flares etc all narrowly missing elderly people, a paramedic being hit by a glass bottle etc etc.

Our statement reads, yes there were isolated incidents, we’ve reviewed this with the police. Stop over exaggerating.

Honestly never known a stranger fan base than that lot, apparently all the match day stewards are Newcastle fans which is why it’s so easy to sneak flares and glass bottles in. You Couldn’t make it up…Oh no wait you really could.

It wouldn’t surprise me if the glass bottles were taken in by Sunderland fans (It was their euphoric return to the championship after all) have been discarded, smashed and the debris has been spotted and used to paint Coventry fans in a bad light

clint van damme

Sick and tired of being generalised, in any other walk of life it’s socially unacceptable to tar a group of people with the same brush but in football it’s pretty common spread

Already talk on twitter of how SAFC fans plan on exacting their ‘revenge’ for the game at the CBS, an occasion we could do without, will be a toxic atmosphere

They'll exact fuck all, they'll shout at a statue then sit on their hands for 90 minutes.

alexccfc99

They are all reading this thread so it's worth reminding them they haven't beat us since 2007.

In that case it’s also worth reminding them that

- They lashed a coin off a girls head at Rotherham Away last season - Hypocrites

- Hoyed a smoke bomb themselves into the Portsmouth End at Fratton Park in 2019/20 and have done at many a Tyne/Wear Derby in the past - Hypocrites

- Deficated in their own stadium and in fountains down in London

- Supported a p*edophile, whilst the club was aware he was going to plead guilty to Child S*xual Assault Charges - Constantly overlooked cause he scored a few goals against their rivals

- Support a club only big in the City of Sunderland, have done one thing of note since the queen has been on the throne, achieved the same as CCFC (whom they constantly look down upon all the time) in that period of time

- Support a club that’s only real personality trait is having Newcastle United as rivals

- Whinging, grim, death mocking, statue abusing, memorial garden trashing, second to only Villa as the most arrogant fanbase in the country bar stewards

Missing anything else?

Last edited:

alexccfc99

They'll exact fuck all, they'll shout at a statue then sit on their hands for 90 minutes.

To be fair, after the 5-4 game at SoL they had their mates over from Feyenoord to do all their dirty work for them… they’ve got some weird, cringe alliance with them cause both towns made ships once upon a time

Users who are viewing this thread