Was anything thrown today ? (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

I see on the Sunderland forum, they are saying stuff (glass/bottle as well as a flare was thrown down by City 'fans'

If true, out of order - anybody see anything?

Would think Police cameras would pick up anything like that. Hoping it's not true, and can't understand why anybody would randomly throw (especially glass) down when it is going to hit some innocent person. If you want a punch up. that's your prerogative, but imagine if it was your child or other half that got hit.

pusbccfc

The guy who threw a flare was arrested. Silly boy won't be going again for a long time.

Worth noting, nothing happened outside. Fans mingled after the game.

Shows what a farce the set up at the Ricoh is, fencing fans makes things worse.

DannyThomas_1981

Agreed SBH but seriously anyone who wants a punch up should get into the boxing ring vs. bringing it into the football.

Of course the morons won't do that as they don't have the courage or skills.

Easier to jump up and down and gesticulate behind 20 lines of police at the opposition so called hooligans - whilst ruining the atmosphere for most of us.

D

Deleted member 2477

The only thing i saw thrown was a flare.
I think there are a few on that board trying to cause trouble and stir things up. There were a line of stewards and police at the front hence they saw the flare get thrown. There certainly wasnt a load of bottles and glasses being thrown like they are making out.
Strange again how not one of them has any photo or video of the incident.

theferret

One person threw a smoke bomb and it landed on the edge of the pitch.

If home supporters around the country were to wet the bed everytime an away fan released a smoke bomb, and demanded reduced allocations because of it, away ends would be empty.

Don't care for them myself, too busy going apeshit to think about chucking one of those things, but some perspective needed. Total overreaction by thrm and inevitably they've started making shit up.

No issues outside and drank in one of their pubs without issue before the game and Sunderland fans sound tbf.

D

Deleted member 2477

One person threw a smoke bomb and it landed on the edge of the pitch.

If home supporters around the country were to wet the bed everytime an away fan released a smoke bomb, and demanded reduced allocations because of it, away ends would be empty.

Don't care for them myself, too busy going apeshit to think about chucking one of those things, but some perspective needed. Total overreaction by thrm and inevitably they've started making shit up.

No issues outside and drank in one of their pubs without issue before the game and Sunderland fans sound tbf.
How strange that i saw the smoke bomb land in our goal and yet on their forum some nob says he saw it hit a women in the crowd. Bunch of lying low life.
they also say we are jelous of their huge crowds because we were singingfootball in a library. The truth hurts they may have had 40,000 but other than the sba Ive heard more noise at funeral. The atmosphere from their lot was woeful and they still have the billy big bollocks attitude. Do they really think they played above us today. The fact is without Ohare and Dabo fully fit we took a while to find our way into the game but other than the first 20 minutes they were shit, created nothing, played hoof div1 ball and if we had had a decent ref would have been down to 10 men and 3-1 down for their cynical clogger fouling

Liquid Gold

Fair play, asthmatics should not attend football matches. You win.
The issue is the authorities don't understand the realities of football games and there is this absolutism around elements of support means people suffer.

They won't accept safe standing so not providing an area for those fans mean that disabled or injured fans suffer.
They won't accept that pyro is an element of support for one people so not providing a part of the ground for them means they are set off around people that can't deal with it.

There is a family zone for people that don't want to be around swearing. There is a sensory zone for autistic fans and their families.

Stick in a standing, singing pyro zone and then people who don't want to be part of it can stay out of the way.

Finham

The issue is the authorities don't understand the realities of football games and there is this absolutism around elements of support means people suffer.

They won't accept safe standing so not providing an area for those fans mean that disabled or injured fans suffer.
They won't accept that pyro is an element of support for one people so not providing a part of the ground for them means they are set off around people that can't deal with it.

There is a family zone for people that don't want to be around swearing. There is a sensory zone for autistic fans and their families.

Stick in a standing, singing pyro zone and then people who don't want to be part of it can stay out of the way.
That would be nice. Maybe one day, eh? Thanks for the thought you gave it, it's a better answer than I had.

skybluepm2

I see on the Sunderland forum, they are saying stuff (glass/bottle as well as a flare was thrown down by City 'fans'

If true, out of order - anybody see anything?

Would think Police cameras would pick up anything like that. Hoping it's not true, and can't understand why anybody would randomly throw (especially glass) down when it is going to hit some innocent person. If you want a punch up. that's your prerogative, but imagine if it was your child or other half that got hit.

I think the correct phrase you’re looking for is actually ‘hoyed’.

On a serious note, there’s no need or excuse for such behaviour, and I hope the club take a firm stance on these scumbags as it undoubtedly gives us a bad rep.

If it’s a recurring issue for them, you’d have thought that common sense might have prevailed by now and they’d place the away fans in a different area of the ground 🤷🏻‍♂️ I’m sure the first time that I went to the SoL, we were actually in the bottom tier.

David O'Day

To be fair, the English FA and government are becoming more and more open to safe standing now it is not a disaster in places like Scotland

D

Deleted member 2477

I think the correct phrase you’re looking for is actually ‘hoyed’.

On a serious note, there’s no need or excuse for such behaviour, and I hope the club take a firm stance on these scumbags as it undoubtedly gives us a bad rep.

If it’s a recurring issue for them, you’d have thought that common sense might have prevailed by now and they’d place the away fans in a different area of the ground 🤷🏻‍♂️ I’m sure the first time that I went to the SoL, we were actually in the bottom tier.
I hope they do put away fans in a different area because the current view is shit

Evo1883

Anyone throwing anything from a stand down on to ordinary people below need to look at themselves. Utter brainless morons. Can’t they see that sooner or later some innocent City fan will pay a big price one day in revenge action from another lunatic from another club.

Our younger supporters these days are fucking nuts .. they genuinley don't give a fuck and the problem is ..there are loads of them

Will be a problem over the next few years could see many restricted allocations in the future

pusbccfc

A reminder that Sunderland threw a flare into our fans at St Andrews and one onto the pitch.

Both absolutely wrong and will lead to rightful bans.

As others have said, it was very friendly before and after.

Users who are viewing this thread