Walshy wants cov (3 Viewers)

robbie otib1982

I would think that's probably about right cc84. We save face by making a bit of profit etc etc.
FWIW, I also agree with the poster that said fees will change this summer due to the lockdown.
As a Championship club, sadly, these are the minimum fees you'll be expected to pay. Massively inflated I appreciate but true none the less.
To the poster asking how much we got Bentley for, I believe it was £2.2M or there abouts.

Fair comment LG and if you go that way, I wish you every possible success. It would actually be quite refreshing to see a team prosper at this level without spending £Millions TBH.
one thing my fellow eastender will agree on we have learnt from past mistakes with transfers hence Kelly to bourmouth for a staggering 13m after just coming through the academy also bobby reid joe bryan lee tomlin finty,everyone seems to think are chairman has pumped a lot of money into are squad but if you look at are ins and outs transfers it evens it self up with a bit of profit,what steve landsdown and his son john has give us is stability a great stadium and surrounding area coming up we have gone from 12000 to 16000 fans to 20000 to 26000 in a short space of time,but I do miss the eastend in the good old days,

fernandopartridge

That's what I find frustrating as it's already there, in Coventry. If I'm frustrated, I can only imagine how you guys feel.

Well it was there, it was unnecessarily demolished in 2005 and the rest is history. The thing I like about Ashton Gate is that it is not in the middle of nowhere, a few boozers nearby and you can walk back the city centre, all similar to Highfield Road. TBF both Bristol grounds are spot on for a booze.

EAst ender

Well it was there, it was unnecessarily demolished in 2005 and the rest is history. The thing I like about Ashton Gate is that it is not in the middle of nowhere, a few boozers nearby and you can walk back the city centre, all similar to Highfield Road. TBF both Bristol grounds are spot on for a booze.
I agree about Highfield road, went there donkeys years ago (1977). Never understood why you left TBH.

shmmeee

I agree about Highfield road, went there donkeys years ago (1977). Never understood why you left TBH.

giphy.gif

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

The reality is that our most talented players are O Hare and Walsh, our back 6 were solid and functional and yes Dabo and McCallum (also a loan player) offered something going forward but undoubtedly O Hare and Walsh made the real difference going forward. Next season we will be competing to stay in the Championship and although it is unlikely we sign both they would help us achieve that goal.

Walsh was an exceptional part of the box midfield (helped by Kelly undoubtedly) but I think you're slightly diminishing the roles of Westbrooke and Shipley made in those attacking positions as well. O'Hare undoubtedly played a big role (IMO more effectively from the bench). Of the three of them O'Hare started the fewest games (although had the season finished naturally he would likely have surpassed Westbrooke) and scored the same number of goals as Westbrooke and 3 less than Shipley.

cc84cov

Not being funny but weather we can talk to him or not it’s obviously been happening as they all talk

skyblueinBaku

Don't forget that O'Hare's agent and Walsh's agent have yet to stick their oars in. In modern football, the players do what their agent wants, not vice versa.

Users who are viewing this thread