Walshy wants cov (2 Viewers)

cc84cov

Reported Walsh has had his year extended but he wants to join cov. Who can blame him.
They have extended him probably to get a fee for him wouldn’t be surprised to see us go out and buy him how much do we think he would cost ?

Paxman II

So just to be clear. You want to buy a player we had on loan in league 1 who did not feature for bristol City in the championship? Are we not aiming for at least what Bristol City can achive? No disrepect to Walsh I think he deserves his chance but I would like to think we are looking around at players already proven in the championship (or above) that may be key to our fortunes.

SlowerThanPlatt

So just to be clear. You want to buy a player we had on loan in league 1 who did not feature for bristol City in the championship? Are we not aiming for at least what Bristol City can achive? No disrepect to Walsh I think he deserves his chance but I would like to think we are looking around at players already proven in the championship (or above) that may be key to our fortunes.
What? Bristol City have been a good Championship team for many years now. If you think we’re in the market for the same players as them then you’re going to end up very disappointed

Skybluefaz

What you are talking about would cost fortunes and would abandon the model that has proved successful

SlowerThanPlatt

I like the additional (or above) haha as if Premier League players are going to give up tens of thousands pounds a week to drop down a league to earn 5k

Paxman II

How many on here think our current squad and team ethic, system and manager actually only need a little tweaking to be a competitive side in the championship?

NortonSkyBlue

Deluded post. Walsh is a fine player.

SlowerThanPlatt

How many on here think our current squad and team ethic, system and manager actually only need a little tweaking to be a competitive side in the championship?
You have just posted we shouldn’t be interested Walsh because he hasn’t played much in the Championship but are now saying our squad also full of players who have played no games in the Championship will be competitive?

Paxman II

You have just posted we shouldn’t be interested Walsh because he hasn’t played much in the Championship but are now saying our squad also full of players who have played no games in the Championship will be competitive?

Yes. We have some very good players easily capable of the step up. We are blessed at the back for example and we have a goalkeeper who is a lot better than many in the championship. Optimism and not forgetting the momentum we have in the currents squad will play a big part.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

What? Bristol City have been a good Championship team for many years now. If you think we’re in the market for the same players as them then you’re going to end up very disappointed
I don't want the same players as them.
There's been a lot of deluded posts on this forum but us being in the market for better players than Bristol City is up there with the very best/worst (delete as applicable).

Paxman II

Madison, Bayliss, Wilson they all have to mature at some point right? Why not with us? We are sitting as a squad with some very good players already who I expect will prove many of you wrong.
I guess time will tell as always, but it sounds already that some on here do not rate our chances of survival? Patently absurd imho

SlowerThanPlatt

Madison, Bayliss, Wilson they all have to mature at some point right? Why not with us? We are sitting as a squad with some very good players already who I expect will prove many of you wrong.
I guess time will tell as always, but it sounds already that some on here do not rate our chances of survival? Patently absurd imho

Have you ever considered 1) the club need the money and 2) the player may want to leave to progress their career?

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

There's a difference between thinking we might survive, and competing with a team who are established top half of the Championship, with much bigger attendances and a ground, for players. Could we finish above Bristol City? It's unlikely but certainly possible. Would we be able to match their wage demands or transfer fees? Not without a hugely different strategy or a mass influx of people deciding to go and watch us.

Last edited:

shmmeee

That says more about you than the excellent side Robins has cultivated, many of which are young and constantly growing better with each game.

What are you on about?

Im talking about the league table of wages STP linked to. How does that say anything about me or CCFC?

PVA

What a bizarre post.

Bristol City are in with a shot of promotion to the Premier League. We've just been promoted after 8 years in divisions 3 and 4.

You think we're going to go out and buy proven Premier League & Championship players, and that Walsh is beneath us?

Let's hope we're currently preparing a bid for Mbappe eh.

Last edited:

Winny the Bish

Walsh was available because Bristol spent £7m on a central midfielder. That will probably be more than we spend on wages all next season.

shmmeee

Walsh was available because Bristol spent £7m on a central midfielder. That will probably be more than we spend on wages all next season.

If we’re spending less than £7m in wages next year we may as well save the costs and take bottom spot now.

robbie otib1982

hi chaps
I think liam will have a run of games to prove himself,many of us think he is what we are missing,when you think about it for us kasey palmer cant get in the side which is a issue with a lot of are fans.palmer walsh and smodics was signed by mark ashton not little lee hence they don't get alook in,

Hadji's_Goatee

hi chaps
I think liam will have a run of games to prove himself,many of us think he is what we are missing,when you think about it for us kasey palmer cant get in the side which is a issue with a lot of are fans.palmer walsh and smodics was signed by mark ashton not little lee hence they don't get alook in,
So what’s the breakdown of competition in the midfield spots? What formation do you play? How many senior players are ahead in the pecking order? Also what are your hopes for making the playoffs?

Users who are viewing this thread