Walshy wants cov (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

From the EFL zone account? It’s possible he may have one source somewhere but it seems very unlikely he has a source who tells him ins the and outs of every football league club

pusbccfc

We're a bigger club than Bristol City, course he wants to stay!

ccfcway

irony its been renewed today !, certainly doesnt take the gloss off, but had to be today didnt it !

ccfcway

I wouldn't take Willis back at all. Not being arsey but we've proven we don't need him and if we were to sign another cb I'd want someone better than him now..

we have proven we don't need callum wilson but id take him back :)

Its not happening so nothing to debate, but i think he would make us stronger at the back than we are today, thats about my only criteria

Frostie

Its not happening so nothing to debate, but i think he would make us stronger at the back than we are today, thats about my only criteria

Disagree.
He was a fine servant to us & is a good defender at League 1 level but is too weak against big, physical centre forwards & nowhere near good enough on the ball for us now.
The 3 starting central defenders we have now are all better than him &, given games, I think Pask could turn out to be better too.

ccfcway

Disagree.
He was a fine servant to us & is a good defender at League 1 level but is too weak against big, physical centre forwards & nowhere near good enough on the ball for us now.
The 3 starting central defenders we have now are all better than him &, given games, I think Pask could turn out to be better too.

I like what I have seen of pask, just fear a couple of early mistakes by McFaz next season, almost another 6 months on from his last game in twilight of his career, the good will he has now will be gone very quickly.

would be delighted if he’s out Martin keown, but my concern is he will be our De Zeew

mark82

I like what I have seen of pask, just fear a couple of early mistakes by McFaz next season, almost another 6 months on from his last game in twilight of his career, the good will he has now will be gone very quickly.

We might bring someone else in for that role. Let's wait and see.

Frostie

You couldn't replace McFadz with Willis, totally different sort of centre back. No coincidence that we've been formidable at the back with McFadz, he wins everything aerially, strong & aggressive when needed, exactly what Willis lacked.

The mistakes, particularly early on, are a concern for sure but if we're bringing somebody else in he will need to be better than Willis & more in the McFadz mould.

ccfcway

You couldn't replace McFadz with Willis, totally different sort of centre back. No coincidence that we've been formidable at the back with McFadz, he wins everything aerially, strong & aggressive when needed, exactly what Willis lacked.

The mistakes, particularly early on, are a concern for sure but if we're bringing somebody else in he will need to be better than Willis & more in the McFadz mould.

I’m a huge McFaz fan, defended him early season and will be delighted if he storms the championship next season. Loving so much positivity for him

fernandopartridge

McFadz admittedly was shaky early on but has been key to the great run and ultimately the title. Our system doesn't expose his lack of pace now either whereas playing in a back 4 could.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Magwitch

Re: Liam Walsh still not exactly sure what his position is if he wants to stay here, Bristol have an option on him but that’s no good if he doesn’t want to stay there, also Bristol City are very much in the championship promotion/playoff picture which might not be certain until the end of July early August by which time I suspect Robins will have been very active in player recruitment, Will Walshy want to hang around waiting that long to sort next season out can’t see Bristol offering a three or four year contract out to be honest, we might.

Last edited:

skyblue025

Brizzle might not want him at all but took the option to try and get a fee for him.
We would want him along with 1/2 of Div 1.

Magwitch

What sort of fee does a basically non contracted player command even with this year option Bristol apparently have ?

skyblue025

They are probably hoping a few teams get involved and push the fee up. He's a Championship player so won't go for buttons. Like it or not he contracted for another year. We have done the same with Westbrooke.

Last edited:

Flying Fokker

We're a bigger club than Bristol City, course he wants to stay!
We certainly used to be. The last 20 years has shown that you need stability and progress both On the pitch and off it.

We may even push on to the premiership...carrying the success of the past few years. Hopefully in Cov with 15-20k fans. I’d take Wasps going bust as well.

Back to Bristol. The tables in 1977 put us as the team most likely to go down and we were the bigger club at the time. Both sets of fans invest their energy in believing the team will win something. I can’t remember Bristol City doing anything remarkable in the past 40 plus years. I bet their fans think they are better than us.

Skyblueweeman

Willis was a good servant to the club but left to play football at a higher standard.

Hmmm. A bigger pay cheque maybe.

Sod him. He's made his bed....

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I think our best hope is another loan.

Maybe. Up to xmas and put in a bid for him maybe. At that point BC would be risking losing him for nothing/compensation at the end of the year if he hasn't signed another contract.

ptr

Maybe. Up to xmas and put in a bid for him maybe. At that point BC would be risking losing him for nothing/compensation at the end of the year if he hasn't signed another contract.

No chance we could afford him. Best player on pitch by a mile when we played brum. In today’s market, considering there were rumours of Westbrook going for a couple million, Walsh must be worth even more than that. Out of our price range unfortunately! Maybe a loan if for some reason he doesn’t get in bristol city’s side.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

No chance we could afford him. Best player on pitch by a mile when we played brum. In today’s market, considering there were rumours of Westbrook going for a couple million, Walsh must be worth even more than that. Out of our price range unfortunately! Maybe a loan if for some reason he doesn’t get in bristol city’s side.

Quite probably. But with the lack of income from BCD deflating the market he *may* be affordable *if* BC looked like losing him on a free.

I'd expect other takers to be interested and to probably be able to outbid us. But at the moment I'm feeling post-promotion optimism.

Users who are viewing this thread