Walsall Thread (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

I fancied Shaff Utd to be that traditional last gasp team who go on a mad run get sixth spot then beat the team in third who finished 20 points above them.

Just noticed who is three points behind them

Last edited:

James Smith

That's a great result even if it wasn't a walk in the park. Well done city.

Monners

I left this thread just after the final whistle to check on the kids and make a round of celebratory toast. I come back and the usual suspects have decided to churn out the same old rubbish. Please take your petty, dullard, unfunny and charmless sqabbles elsewhere - or better still, just keep it to yourselves.

Still pleased with the result though.

Brighton Sky Blue

I left this thread just after the final whistle to check on the kids and make a round of celebratory toast. I come back and the usual suspects have decided to churn out the same old rubbish. Please take your petty, dullard, unfunny and charmless sqabbles elsewhere - or better still, just keep it to yourselves.

Still pleased with the result though.

Agreed however that 10 point deduction has caused as much damage to our prospects as playing in Northampton so it's bound to get brought up. Getting some confidence back is exactly what this group of players needed and with a bit of luck results will improve with bodies returning.

Monners

Agreed however that 10 point deduction has caused as much damage to our prospects as playing in Northampton so it's bound to get brought up. Getting some confidence back is exactly what this group of players needed and with a bit of luck results will improve with bodies returning.

Where are where we are. We have 41 points, 6 above the drop zone. We should be thinking about ensuring safety and trying to look forward. So yes, agreed - its all about confidence and staying postive (don't mean to sound like a Chris Akabusi style motivational speaker!) PUSB mate

Last edited:

turlykerd

PHHEEEEEUUUUWWWWWWEEEEEEEEE

<<<<<<<<<< breaths a massive sigh

although nowhere near safe, its stopped the rot !!

good result

PUSB

mark82

The 10 points stuff was ok but it was being dragged to the usual level. Have cleared up the worst bits (including mine!).

Brighton Sky Blue

Where are where we are. We have 41 points, 6 above the drop zone. We should be thinking about ensuring safety and trying to look forward. So yes, agreed - its all about confidence and staying postive (don't mean to sound like a Chris Akabusi style motivational speaker!) PUSB mate

We just desperately needed a win of any kind tonight and Walsall were the same. It's gone our way and now it's another 4 or 5 games to win and write off the season (and pray Pressley doesn't get any offers).

Brighton Sky Blue

The 10 points stuff was ok but it was being dragged to the usual level. Have cleared up the worst bits (including mine!).

People want to be in Coventry getting behind the team for these kinds of games but can't-the frustration is understandable.

mark82

People want to be in Coventry getting behind the team for these kinds of games but can't-the frustration is understandable.

Agree, but people get annoyed with threads being taken off topic (and it was). There's plenty other threads for slagging off sisu/council/ACL.

torchomatic

Great result last night and the team played well. Murphy was immense in goal and Wilson started looking like his old self. Marshall also played well as did the whole back four. Nathan didn't look that fit when he came on but he in the right place at the time time and the pace from Michael P is frightening.

torchomatic

Or comes on, and posts all day despite "not even realising we were playing last night as I've lost interest".

Not long before some Berk bangs on about the council losing us 10 points again

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I didn't even know they were playing last night. That's how much my interest has been lost for the last year or so. Nice to see a win though. But I can't see that lifting us out of the quagmire.

RoboCCFC90

Fantastic result last night in a Midland Derby, shame more of us weren't there to be able to enjoy it, but that's a different topic entirely which doesn't deserve a place on this thread.

We sounded a constant threat all night, although the MOM must have been Joe Murphy who made some fantastic saves throughout the game.

The ten point deduction has been mentioned everywhere, it doesn't matter if we were one point off the play offs or eleven fact of the matter is you won't get away from people mentioning, however the aim has to be finishing seventh now which with a game in hand on Swindon is six points away is very realistic, at that point if we finish three, five or eight points off the play offs we can take note of the incredible achievements that Steven Pressley has managed with this young squad this season and look to next season with huge optimism.

shmmeee

i see that berk pressley mentioned the 10 pt deduction in his post game interview

HOW DARE HE?

Did he mention the council?

Our owners decided the 20 points was worth paying to go through with breaking the lease.

If you don't agree with them, take it up with them.

H

Huckerby

Sorry to interrupt the ACL/Stadium/Points decution thread and go off topic but if I could just ask about the walsall goals that would be great.

Does anyone have a link to the goals? :)

Captain Dart

That win made the prospect of relegation recede nicely into the distance. Another win or 2 and safety should be assured.

ccfcmustang

Attended my first game at Sixfields last night, any excuse to not get home to the misses. That apart, i didnt think we played excellent by any stretch of the imagination. We completely lost the battle in Central midfield, Thomas and fleck did not look up to the required level. Walsall were poor but well organised and on anotherday the result could of turned out very differently. Petrasso had a couple of moments where he looked like he could make something happen, but was relatively quiet.

Murphy won us the game but we ground out the result, something we cant say too often about ccfc at the minute. Worth a mention that Blair Adams should be a left winger his stepovers were ronaldo esque.

Probably the most strange atmosphere ive ever experienced at a football match but thoroughly enjoyed.

PUSB

torchomatic

He was great SA. There was one in the first half where he seemed to be going in the opposite way but managed to knock the ball with his hand. He was fantastic.

Hoping to see the Murphy save(s) on the upcoming youtube link as well, sounds as though he kept us in it (again).

torchomatic

I thought we were good in the first half. Walsall came back into it at the beginning of the second but then we got stronger as the match progressed. Added time was the usual "hanging on by a thread".

We all see things differently, of course, but I thought Petrasso and MArshall were good all match, particularly Petrasso who looked like he could really create something. And he did, of course. Blair Adams shot was great too and he was unlucky not to score.

Attended my first game at Sixfields last night, any excuse to not get home to the misses. That apart, i didnt think we played excellent by any stretch of the imagination. We completely lost the battle in Central midfield, Thomas and fleck did not look up to the required level. Walsall were poor but well organised and on anotherday the result could of turned out very differently. Petrasso had a couple of moments where he looked like he could make something happen, but was relatively quiet.

Murphy won us the game but we ground out the result, something we cant say too often about ccfc at the minute. Worth a mention that Blair Adams should be a left winger his stepovers were ronaldo esque.

Probably the most strange atmosphere ive ever experienced at a football match but thoroughly enjoyed.

PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread