Walsall Thread (1 Viewer)

RoboCCFC90

Okay so tonight we play Walsall at Sixfields.

Pressley has said that Carl Baker and Franck Moussa are doubts ahead of the game, although Nathan Delfounseo is likely to be avaliable after injury.

The visitors to Sixfields tonight have only picked up five points out of the last eighteen avaliable, losing to Preston, MK Dons and Crawley on the way.

On the last three occasion we have played Walsall we have won twice (winning 5-1at the Ricoh and 1-0 at the Banks Stadium) and lost once (Lets not even mention that game at all ;) )

Walsall's top goal scorer is Craig Westcarr who has 12 goals, 2 behind Callum Wilson who has 14 in the league.

William Hill currently has both of us down as 17/10 to win tonight and 21/10 to draw.

Noggin

5 points out of 18 for Walsall, 6 points out of 24 for us, on a terrible pitch, sounds like a thriller.

RoboCCFC90

That's a fair point Noggin, but we haven't really had an attacking outlet on the pitch during that time so although it sounds like an excuse it's been among the reasons why we have taken a dip in form.

Grendel

3-1 Cov

Once we score one we'll score more.

Grendel .. See you in the bar for Thin Lizzy discussion. :guitar2:
They do have a bar ??

Ha! Weirdly they do but they are not allowed to serve the beer but do not tell you until you reach it and the queue is huge

Gint11

Most importantly we need a win, a clean sheet would be nice as that would be 2 in 2 which breeds confidence. Must must win.

RoboCCFC90

I will just add this maybe something I should of done above but I didn't want to be to confident, a win tonight would move us up to 12th with a game spare, leaving us 3 points off 10th and a further 3 points off 7th, which if we could finish around about there would represent a fantastic season IMO.

Noggin

That's a fair point Noggin, but we haven't really had an attacking outlet on the pitch during that time so although it sounds like an excuse it's been among the reasons why we have taken a dip in form.

I hoped the same but the weekends game didn't do much to support that hope unfortunately, we played another team in terrible form and with much less talent than walsall and if anything the draw flattered us. A point a game from here on in probably keeps us up and I'd take one tonight I think. Somehow just gotta get the confidence back, doing well makes you more likely to do well but unfortunately the reverse is also true and while Presley said the weekends game stopped the rot, did it really? are we now happier and more confident? I'm not, I was sure we'd beat them.

RoboCCFC90

I hoped the same but the weekends game didn't do much to support that hope unfortunately, we played another team in terrible form and with much less talent than walsall and if anything the draw flattered us. A point a game from here on in probably keeps us up and I'd take one tonight I think. Somehow just gotta get the confidence back, doing well makes you more likely to do well but unfortunately the reverse is also true and while Presley said the weekends game stopped the rot, did it really? are we now happier and more confident? I'm not, I was sure we'd beat them.

The problem was though we all hoped Callum would come back and bang one in straight away and realistically that was never likely, Pressley also mentioned that they have been working on getting the partnership between Akpom and Wilson a little better and I see where he is coming from as on both occasions I have listened to the games Chuba Akpom has played and he sounds like a decent player, but someone who is not grasping that he is at League 1, not the Arsenal U18's.

A clean sheet can be as good as a win sometimes, I think that result will breath a little more confidence into the side, there is no doubting that we should have done better against Shrewsbury, but we stopped the rot and what Pressley will now be saying to the team is "You stopped the rot against the Shrews go one better and get a win tonight"

The question really is does Pressley stick with the tighter defence i.e Willis, Seaborne, Webster, Clarke or does he recall Adams and Christie who like to bomb on and leave us exposed at times? I'd stick with Willis and Clarke rather than reinstating Christie, but if Moussa and Baker don't make the game tonight I'd also consider Christie a go on the right wing and moving Petrasso out to the left so he can cut in.

Astute

0-1 loss :(

Would be delighted to be wrong, but we need a massive improvement. Shots on target would be a bonus. If we play anything like last game would we be able to keep a clean sheet again against better players up front?

savosdad

Banned
And not forgetting what will the crowd be with an England game televised should be interesting a sad night at the pig pen or sat in a warm PUB/House watching the 3 lions

shy_tall_knight

Elvis likes his stats, on CWR this morning we have conceded the greatest number of chances on goal throughout the whole division, I knew we were poor in defence but not that poor. First half against Tranmere for a poor team that had just too many chances wasn't convinced by our full backs Jordan & Cyrus, neither of the centrebacks nor connor or fleck only Murphy played well. My fear is we are trying to change our style mid-season but in tightening up the defence we are ffiring blanks.

_brian_

If we don't manage to keep a clean sheet then I think that we'll concede at some point in the game. Getting more goals than them is key if we want to win this one though, and I'm sure Pressley will be pushing this point home! The way I see it, if we score early and maintain that lead then we'll win this one, but if we don't score early, we need to make sure that we don't concede early and that we score later on in the game, preferably without conceding after this point, and if we do concede we need to go on and get another goal; if they score again, we'll need to score one more* and so on!!!

(*If we score more than one more** than them then that's even better!)

(**For example, we might score two more than them!)

RoboCCFC90

If we don't manage to keep a clean sheet then I think that we'll concede at some point in the game. Getting more goals than them is key if we want to win this one though, and I'm sure Pressley will be pushing this point home! The way I see it, if we score early and maintain that lead then we'll win this one, but if we don't score early, we need to make sure that we don't concede early and that we score later on in the game, preferably without conceding after this point, and if we do concede we need to go on and get another goal; if they score again, we'll need to score one more* and so on!!!

(*If we score more than one more** than them then that's even better!)

(**For example, we might score two more than them!)

LOL :claping hands:Thanks Brian, that's brilliant insight.

shy_tall_knight

I think Brian knows his stuff as if you don't concede but score you will win. - Thanks Brian.

Earlier in the season we were missing chances now we are not creating many, its not good.

RoboCCFC90

still a better manager than Andy Thorn

My comment wasn't a derogatory remark if that's what you interpreted it as, as soon as I saw Brian's comment it made me laugh.

Well Andy Thorn doesn't have a great track record does he?

Noggin

My comment wasn't a derogatory remark if that's what you interpreted it as, as soon as I saw Brian's comment it made me laugh.

Well Andy Thorn doesn't have a great track record does he?

Sorry for any confusion, I knew Brian was being funny, I knew you were being funny, I was trying to be funny too (not very well obviously) (in the vain of still a better Love story than twilight)

Kingokings204

Walsall available at 6/4. Thank you William Hill for paying 150% my money. These bookmakers are very generous if you take their early or late Christmas present's.

skybluelee

And not forgetting what will the crowd be with an England game televised should be interesting a sad night at the pig pen or sat in a warm PUB/House watching the 3 lions

Or neither. I'd (almost) rather go to Shitfields than watch an England friendly.

Kingokings204

Seriously though Walsall are a better team than us in my opinion and will win the game. Only chance we have is if their strikers have an off day like shrewbury ones did and we get a few dodgy ref calls like a dodgy pen which we haven't had in a while. Just me being honest. My heart says 4-0 city but head says 1-2 or 1-3 Walsall.

Kingokings204

have never bet money on coventrys opposition, dont know how ccfc fans can bring themselves to do it

Think about it this way cc4l, for me I do bet against Coventry regularly and this is because city winning any league game means a lot to me and when we lose I like most am depressed for the rest of the day and then I get over it but if I can make money off city losing then why not?

Its not about principal or such its about a win win scenario created by the smart man. I always wish a cov win but my usual bet is £20 on the opposition and the draw means I lose money and no cov win but at least a point.

If I didn't care that much about cov winning I wouldn't do it. I do the same when Roger Federer plays in a big tennis match In a slam like Wimbledon as it also means that much to me. I may be mad but a touch smart also.

italiahorse

have never bet money on coventrys opposition, dont know how ccfc fans can bring themselves to do it

Only did it once.
Put money on City to go down on the morning of loosing to Charlton 4-1
Nearly came in. My colleague found out during the match and was disgusted enough to not speak other than to tell me the coach would be advised of my bet.

ollyservetta

I had to laff sunday in me local ,I was asked if it was true folk were being prevented from standing on the hill ,and if so how can this be enforced.i said that I was aware of goings on like not cutting the grass to deter folk and make things difficult but was unaware anyone being forceibly moved,when I was then asked for what reason I had to give my opinion that it was for the teams good ,as when attacking the northstand end, folk on the hill distract our players, especially if wearing a city shirt,and end up blaming them for wayward shots ,saying they were long passes,and its got that bad that is the reason why we didn't get a shot on target last week.we must be bad cos some belived it for a moment. got to stay possitive ,,, 4.1 the city ,the rot stops, the revival starts here ,we stay up and miss the playoffs by 9 points just to give us somat to really moan about,cmon city ,you will never take the westend ,and is there a band on in tiffinys tonite we can go see and have a few or am I out of touch

covcity4life

Think about it this way cc4l, for me I do bet against Coventry regularly and this is because city winning any league game means a lot to me and when we lose I like most am depressed for the rest of the day and then I get over it but if I can make money off city losing then why not?

Its not about principal or such its about a win win scenario created by the smart man. I always wish a cov win but my usual bet is £20 on the opposition and the draw means I lose money and no cov win but at least a point.

If I didn't care that much about cov winning I wouldn't do it. I do the same when Roger Federer plays in a big tennis match In a slam like Wimbledon as it also means that much to me. I may be mad but a touch smart also.

oh i get the reasoning behind it, i just couldnt do it myself.

also losing money would put a dampner on a win somewhat

Kingokings204

oh i get the reasoning behind it, i just couldnt do it myself.

also losing money would put a dampner on a win somewhat

Yes I agree with that also mate. Much rather a city win however. Guess that's my point lol

fernandopartridge

I had to laff sunday in me local ,I was asked if it was true folk were being prevented from standing on the hill ,and if so how can this be enforced.i said that I was aware of goings on like not cutting the grass to deter folk and make things difficult but was unaware anyone being forceibly moved,when I was then asked for what reason I had to give my opinion that it was for the teams good ,as when attacking the northstand end, folk on the hill distract our players, especially if wearing a city shirt,and end up blaming them for wayward shots ,saying they were long passes,and its got that bad that is the reason why we didn't get a shot on target last week.we must be bad cos some belived it for a moment. got to stay possitive ,,, 4.1 the city ,the rot stops, the revival starts here ,we stay up and miss the playoffs by 9 points just to give us somat to really moan about,cmon city ,you will never take the westend ,and is there a band on in tiffinys tonite we can go see and have a few or am I out of touch

I agree with you I think

DaleM

So now , the lads on the hill are at fault for not having a single shot on target against sodding Shrewsbury ?

To keep it on topic . I can only see a Walsall win tonight. Hope I'm wrong but hey you can always blame the lads who want cov back in cov for the loss .

EDIT I read it again and imagined the paragraphs and punctuation and now understand you were having a "laff" . Apologies

Last edited:

italiahorse

I find this hard to read. Did the cake turn out okay ? :D

Users who are viewing this thread