Waggott: Our Stadium Planning is Vital (1 Viewer)

martcov

"while the Swansea Chairman Huw Jenkins, talked us through how they went from almost going out of the Football League to now being an established Premier League club with plans for further expansion of their ground."

Well, at least we can show some progress towards stage 1, "almost going out of the football league". We could theoretically be in this position in a short time. Stage 2, "
being an established Premier League club with plans for further expansion of their ground" could be a bit more tricky.

J

Jack Griffin

If as they say they will leave room for expansion which bits will they leave out, think about it, the 2nd tier, the roof structure at each end.. doesn't look so good now does it.. in fact it looks a bit shit.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

"while the Swansea Chairman Huw Jenkins, talked us through how they went from almost going out of the Football League to now being an established Premier League club with plans for further expansion of their ground."

Well, at least we can show some progress towards stage 1, "almost going out of the football league". We could theoretically be in this position in a short time. Stage 2, "
being an established Premier League club with plans for further expansion of their ground" could be a bit more tricky.

From Operation Premiership to

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

From Operation Premiership to

th

J

Jack Griffin

Holy crap I've found it!!!!!!! I even know what materials they're gonna use.

Lego_Football_Ground.jpg

NB that is made of Lego, rather good ain't it!

martcov

Nick I'm not trying to prove anything, don't feel I have to.

Basically I'm passing on factual information that's emanating from a reliable source. Whether anyone wants to be receptive or take it on board is up to them! Believe whatever but I'll stick with what I know.

PUSB

What is the factual information? That Fisher says it? Why would he say that he has made progress on something before he can "announce" it? If something has happened tell us, and if it's not happened yet, tell us when it has happened. Saying that something has been acheived, but I will announce it in the new year, sounds dodgy especially after all the previous "false dawns".

The Reverend Skyblue

For the millionth time RFC knows the same as us ,which is absolutely fuck all.
He's a dreamer of the highest order, ignore him , not one thing he professes to know has happened.
A complete brainless twonk, full stop

shy_tall_knight

As bad as Fisher has been, ie the Northants debacle I still rate him as reasonably intelligent, Waggot however strikes me as no more intelligent than an average football agent and although player costs are a key part of a club's costs, other matters such as building a stadium finding investors etc.. are way out of his grasp and he is a mouthpiece for the real decision makers Tim & joy.

But there will be no new football stadium under SISU. hopefully if new owners buy us they can strike a deal with WASPS to get a 50% stake failing that there a limited options for potential sites for a new ground. The old courtaulds sites in longford and in foleshill are possible but will need the support of the council.

Kingokings204

He's a dreamer of the highest order, ignore him , not one thing he professes to know has happened.

Finally a sensible post. If people really believe this thread about waggot finally after 3 years just starting to talk to chairmen about how their stadia works then we are all doomed but I think a lot of us know we are screwed.

zuni

what i really cant understand is why sandra garlick is involved, she is clearly an intelligent lady....why? it can only harm her reputation surely? anyway...rfc, put up or shut instead of the usual i know stuff from the horses mouth bullshit

martcov

what i really cant understand is why sandra garlick is involved, she is clearly an intelligent lady....why? it can only harm her reputation surely? anyway...rfc, put up or shut instead of the usual i know stuff from the horses mouth bullshit

Garlick's group has been merged out of existence and she doesn't have to say or do much at the moment. Quietly vanishing into the horizon.

RegTheDonk

Agreed, I've said before that they will only build a stadium if they can get someone else to pay for it (or most of it).. surely that is their game, nothing else makes sense.

I believe that they ain't got a firm commitment from another investor.

Yes, and with a dwindling fan base and cuts that are having their toll on the field, what chump would be daft enough to throw in with them?

RegTheDonk

Rev, is it true you've run up £10K of parking tickets having the ambulance camped outside his house? :)

jas365

Immediately made me think of:
hqdefault.jpg

Attachments

• hqdefault.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 5

Mr T - Sukka!

Basically I'm passing on factual information that's emanating from a reliable source. Whether anyone wants to be receptive or take it on board is up to them! Believe whatever but I'll stick with what I know.

PUSB

Seriously dont you think your inside source is stringing you along and feeding you bullcrap?

I know plenty of people who do it in high positions. I dont believe what everyone tells me.

And if some of the shifty fuckers we have had in charge over previous years are anything to go by why should the "current mob" to be taken at their word?

J

Jack Griffin

Give RFC and his friends on the board until the end of January to make the announcement. If it is more bullshit then let's look at direct action, all throw rotten tomatoes on the pitch in the tenth minute as a starting point. If you think it's childish please put forward your own ideas.

Is RFC a he? That has neither been confirmed or denied.. and whoever it is let slip they were in an SGC conference call last week and they repeat often that they're 'in the know'.

Whoever it is is almost certainly over 60 because they stated in a recent post that 'they were there' when Jimmy Hill was at the club.

I won't say any more .. but everybody drops clues even if they don't mean to.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jack Griffin

Yes, and with a dwindling fan base and cuts that are having their toll on the field, what chump would be daft enough to throw in with them?

Exactly, they are sleep walking into a trap of their own making, soon there will be nothing left for them except a quick fire sale & ticket outta here .. :whistle:

Gazolba

Courtesy of Coventrycity-mad.co.uk

Waggott On Need For New Stadium Balanced With First Team Needs

There will never be a new stadium. Why? Because it would be financial suicide and mean the end of the club. It will not increase income but will dramatically increase expenses.
The only hope for a new stadium will be if somehow we can get back to the Premier League on a shoestring and then invest the ensuing windfall in a stadium without making the huge mistake we made with the Ricoh. This will probably not happen in any of our lifetimes.
The most realistic hope is that some time in the future we can get a share in the Ricoh or perhaps, in the unlikely event Wasps fail, get it all. Can't see that happening while SISU are still the owners though.

Last edited:

Como

If they opened up the funding of a new ground to others, how many on here would be happy to put in there pension pot for example?

Hobo

If they opened up the funding of a new ground to others, how many on here would be happy to put in there pension pot for example?

Comody statement.

Otis

PUSB

Factual information merely of what was said.

I can say I am going to London on Friday and will spend a grand in Fortnum and Mason. That would be factually correct that I have said it. Doesn't mean it's going to happen though.

Someone has said something and you are holding it up as some sort of beacon that, that means it is going to happen. I'm sorry but that's tosh.

The only factual thing here is that the information was said. Nowt else.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

It's exacerbating to keep hearing about a new stadium but no financial projections on how it will be funded, the cost to build and how exactly access to revenue 365 days is beneficial if you are presumably putting the club into enormous debt to get there?

Unless they have the likes of a supermarket chain chipping in or perhaps builders willing to build it and mortgage it back to the football club, I don't see how it makes a whole lot of sense. But it could...

What we need is information on the how and wherefores of it - so we can believe in it. Until then SISU are missing a chunk of dissatisfied fans who may get behind them now if only they could announce something. Don't they realise that?

It's all rubbish. I agree totally with the above, and moreover, without funding information, and budget you can't define what facilities the new stadium would have. And the facilities dictate what revenues the place can generate. Without that, you have no business plan. Without that you have no project, and inherently no investors.

The same is the case with location - referenece the negative FOI request of local authorities. A stadium adjacent to a main road or motorway will generate many times the levels of income than a stadium stuck in Brandon or somewhere similar. Again, without location, you have no income projections or business plan. It's all rubbish. Years on, it's all rubbish.

What I find so vexing, is that people on here will readily acknowledge they constantly say one thing and do another; have watched them move from a demand of 'average League One rents' through Lord knows what - see the disingenuous spinning, and constant litigation over negotiation, admit now to the distressing angle - yet still constantly judge CCC/ACL/Higgs for not doing a deal with them.

You cannot deal with people who behave like this. What's hard to see about that?

colin101

The surrounding area will need to tidied up, but hey small price to pay for cheap state of art stadium

images

AndreasB

It's all rubbish. I agree totally with the above, and moreover, without funding information, and budget you can't define what facilities the new stadium would have. And the facilities dictate what revenues the place can generate. Without that, you have no business plan. Without that you have no project, and inherently no investors.

The same is the case with location - referenece the negative FOI request of local authorities. A stadium adjacent to a main road or motorway will generate many times the levels of income than a stadium stuck in Brandon or somewhere similar. Again, without location, you have no income projections or business plan. It's all rubbish. Years on, it's all rubbish.

What I find so vexing, is that people on here will readily acknowledge they constantly say one thing and do another; have watched them move from a demand of 'average League One rents' through Lord knows what - see the disingenuous spinning, and constant litigation over negotiation, admit now to the distressing angle - yet still constantly judge CCC/ACL/Higgs for not doing a deal with them.

You cannot deal with people who behave like this. What's hard to see about that?

Car Park C is only a fiver now and the Pulled Pork is to die for. Good Old Wasps

Users who are viewing this thread