Waggott: Our Stadium Planning is Vital (1 Viewer)

skybluepm2

Courtesy of Coventrycity-mad.co.uk

Waggott On Need For New Stadium Balanced With First Team Needs
Coventry City CEO Steve Waggott has said that the club's planning for a new stadium is vital.
Writing in his programme notes for City's game against Chesterfield, Mr Waggott wrote: "As everyone knows, we have to generate more revenue for the football club in order to pump more money back into the first team and that means owning a stadium where we can drive income streams 365 days a year not twenty three.
"The owner and I have paid visits to Swansea City and Brighton & Hove Albion in recent weeks and also had very good conversations with the CEO at Bristol City before our JPT tie there a couple of weeks ago.
"We want to create a fully integrated stadium, training ground and academy development and went to see how Swansea and Brighton have gone about their developments over recent years.
"Brighton have just unveiled a new £40m category one academy facility which is very impressive while the Swansea Chairman Huw Jenkins, talked us through how they went from almost going out of the Football League to now being an established Premier League club with plans for further expansion of their ground.
"What is clear from Brighton, Swansea and Bristol City - who are also investing in stadium improvements - is that while the investment must be made in the physical resources, it must always be done eith an eye on the 'here and now' of the first team.
"The CEO at Bristol City said the balancing act they are performing is knowing when to turn the 'tap' on to invest in the stadium and when to divert that funding stream to the first team squad.
"One thing that hasn't changed since I have been involved in football is the fact that the ninety minutes on the pitch dictate what happens in the subsequent ninety hours work off the pitch.
"So while our plans for stadium/training/academy are all vital to the future of the club in generating revenue and attracting the best players possible here, we must look to get the biggest possible budget to Steven Pressley and Neil MacFarlane for the first team squad."

More waffle and hot air from Waggott. Backing up their delusion with trips to new stadiums now. 18 months in, no contact with Local Authorities in the surrounding areas or the Highways Agency. Keep up the good work! Interesting that they note that they are looking to incorporate the training complex into the dream...selling off Ryton will be next!

ecky

So while our plans for stadium/training/academy are all vital to the future of the club in generating revenue and attracting the best players possible here, we must look to get the biggest possible budget to Steven Pressley and Neil MacFarlane for the first team squad."

Yeh and a manager who knows what he is doing when it comes to buying or loaning players...Its like a non stop merry go round with players coming and going every 6 months..how the hell do you get a settled side and one that you can build on when you are chopping and changing all the while?

bigfatronssba

So the planning for a new stadium is so vital that they haven't talked to the parties that can advise on how best to plan it?

Its either rubbish or incompetence.

RFC

More waffle and hot air from Waggott. Backing up their delusion with trips to new stadiums now. 18 months in, no contact with Local Authorities in the surrounding areas or the Highways Agency. Keep up the good work! Interesting that they note that they are looking to incorporate the training complex into the dream...selling off Ryton will be next!

I know the above comments to be untrue & incorrect, however you can believe whatever you want. I will continue to talk to positive people who have a vision for the future. I can do nothing about yesterday and yesteryear but I can contribute and influence tomorrow! Please see below ................::

"@CCFCStadium: During SCG conference call today (20/12) Fisher confirmed that there was massive progress on the land purchase. Announcement in the New Year"

Happy New Year to ALL Sky Blue supporters. PUSB!

RFC

So the planning for a new stadium is so vital that they haven't talked to the parties that can advise on how best to plan it?

Its either rubbish or incompetence.

How do you no that your statement / comment is correct? I talk to real people who are involved and don't believe everything I read, particularly on here.

rondog1973

I know the above comments to be untrue & incorrect, however you can believe whatever you want. I will continue to talk to positive people who have a vision for the future. I can do nothing about yesterday and yesteryear but I can contribute and influence tomorrow! Please see below ................::

"@CCFCStadium: During SCG conference call today (20/12) Fisher confirmed that there was massive progress on the land purchase. Announcement in the New Year"

The marble count gets lower......

Nick

Administrator

That tweet proves nothing though so I am not sure why you keep posting it?

RFC

That tweet proves nothing though so I am not sure why you keep posting it?

Nick I'm not trying to prove anything, don't feel I have to.

Basically I'm passing on factual information that's emanating from a reliable source. Whether anyone wants to be receptive or take it on board is up to them! Believe whatever but I'll stick with what I know.

PUSB

Astute

Reading the first paragraph of this post I thought that you had finally come to your senses. I should have known better.

Nick

Administrator
Nick I'm not trying to prove anything, don't feel I have to.

Basically I'm passing on factual information that's emanating from a reliable source. Whether anyone wants to be receptive or take it on board is up to them! Believe whatever but I'll stick with what I know.

PUSB
It may be a fact somebody said it, it doesnt mean it is a fact it is happening though?

jas365

"The CEO at Bristol City said the balancing act they are performing is knowing when to turn the 'tap' on to invest in the stadium and when to divert that funding stream to the first team squad.

I didn't even know we had a tap to turn on?

bigfatronssba

How do you no that your statement / comment is correct? I talk to real people who are involved and don't believe everything I read, particularly on here.

Unless government departments and authorities have lied then my statement is correct. The foi responses prove that.

What evidence do you have that sisu have spoken to a planning department?

Chinny_Hill

Actions speak louder than words:whistle:

J

Jack Griffin

You'll be able to swallow them all, when I'm proved right!

I will not discount the possibility of this happening 100% but.. lots of projects which have had substantial amounts of planning & engineering work already committed to them get pulled, I saw this first hand in my days as a Civil Engineer in the late 70's. The fact of the matter is that even if there is a will to go ahead until the construction contracts have been awarded then it hasn't happened. Before you even get to that stage land with planning permission has to be acquired and most importantly investors will have to be convinced there is a business case and stump up the money.

That is a lot of hurdles and so far there is absolutely no proof, all we have is the word of people who have in the past made statements about what they are going to do and later done otherwise, who have frequently made contradictory and confusing statements and perhaps most importantly of all alienated a large segment of their customers.

If you can't see and accept why everyone is hugely sceptical then you might as well have a lobotomy, because you have little or no use for a brain.

SkyBlueSid

"Announcement in the new year" :facepalm: Which year?

Their complaints about the sale of the Ricoh show that it is all a charade. Nobody believes them other than a few deluded fools now. They have no money and nowhere to build. Even if they did, the planning process and build time could take another 5 years. How stupid do they think the fans are?

Then, of course, is the real deal-breaker. How many people do they think will still be supporting the club regularly when their mythical stadium opens its doors? The way the club is disintegrating at the moment, crowds will be down to Sixfields proportions in a couple of years.

italiahorse

"What is clear from Brighton, Swansea and Bristol City - who are also investing in stadium improvements - is that while the investment must be made in the physical resources, it must always be done eith an eye on the 'here and now' of the first team.

"So while our plans for stadium/training/academy are all vital to the future of the club in generating revenue and attracting the best players possible here, we must look to get the biggest possible budget to Steven Pressley and Neil MacFarlane for the first team squad."

Sounds like we will be flush with money
:facepalm:
Why don't they talk to the fans about the location and we can tell them whether we will be going or not ?

wingy

Fisher Is the Owner now then Is he ,unless Joy Is Steve Chiltons Spotter down @ the Amex ? :thinking about:

LB87ccfc

More drivel from the clowns to keep the good word going round that they have a vision and plans for the future, resulting in the customer keep pumping money into their coffers so they can slowly pay back their investors whilst giving pressley a loan here and there.

Meanwhile them talking utter shite, results in the the customer ( the fanbase) continuing to believe they might actually do it and results in less pressure brought onto them from any angle.

Its like the fucking muppet show it really is, them dictating to us and we are all swallowing the bullshit, if only as a fanbase we still had a backbone..

Paxman II

It's exacerbating to keep hearing about a new stadium but no financial projections on how it will be funded, the cost to build and how exactly access to revenue 365 days is beneficial if you are presumably putting the club into enormous debt to get there?

Unless they have the likes of a supermarket chain chipping in or perhaps builders willing to build it and mortgage it back to the football club, I don't see how it makes a whole lot of sense. But it could...

What we need is information on the how and wherefores of it - so we can believe in it. Until then SISU are missing a chunk of dissatisfied fans who may get behind them now if only they could announce something. Don't they realise that?

Tonylinc

It's exacerbating to keep hearing about a new stadium but no financial projections on how it will be funded, the cost to build and how exactly access to revenue 365 days is beneficial if you are presumably putting the club into enormous debt to get there?

Unless they have the likes of a supermarket chain chipping in or perhaps builders willing to build it and mortgage it back to the football club, I don't see how it makes a whole lot of sense. But it could...

What we need is information on the how and wherefores of it - so we can believe in it. Until then SISU are missing a chunk of dissatisfied fans who may get behind them now if only they could announce something. Don't they realise that?
What can they announce since it is all bollocks?

Senior Vick from Alicante

Give RFC and his friends on the board until the end of January to make the announcement. If it is more bullshit then let's look at direct action, all throw rotten tomatoes on the pitch in the tenth minute as a starting point. If you think it's childish please put forward your own ideas.

J

Jack Griffin

Agreed, I've said before that they will only build a stadium if they can get someone else to pay for it (or most of it).. surely that is their game, nothing else makes sense.

I believe that they ain't got a firm commitment from another investor.

kmj5000

The trouble is that our tap insn't connected to the mains! Probably been disconnected cos we didn't pay the bill?

Gaz71

Unfortunately out tap is stuck on investing in court proceedings that don't benefit our football team!

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Sounds like we will be flush with money
:facepalm:
Why don't they talk to the fans about the location and we can tell them whether we will be going or not ?

Because they wont like the answers.

lifelongcityfan

i thought we had a plan for the new ground that was unveiled last year ( amid all the publicity)...so why look now at other stadia

they really do think we are stupid!!!

Gaz71

fb5647e57f0ca32c23863a4dd29007f7.jpg

Gynnsthetonic

Just build the thing in Coventry that's all I want, can't see it happening though, love to see a modernised version of HR near the City Centre would not step a foot outside the boundaries though

Users who are viewing this thread