Waggott Forum (1 Viewer)

Astute

No chance. Some of that money (arsenal/clarke) was last year for a start so would have helped fund operating costs losses last season, and our last season at the Ricoh - 11k average, c10 extra cup games including 2 big away ties - arsenal & tottenham, selling keogh, bigi, payments for turner and Gunnar (cardiff promotion), compensation for Robins leaving, etc all of that our turnover was only c£6.5m.

And of course money has been invested into the playing side, do you think the players play for nothing?

In the last 2 years our income from player sales, TV rights, big game receipts and ticket sales will have been well in excess of 10m. And I don't mean just 11m.

So where has it all gone? We have division 3 players. We have a non league level manager. Rent was 170k at Northampton. At the most they had to give 12 months notice. There is no upkeep of a stadium to pay for because of obvious reasons :mad: Most loans are brought in where you pay towards their wages. And with the quality that they have brought in I would guess that those brought in are here because their clubs wanted the least amount put towards their wages. We have one of the smallest squads. So how do the rest of the clubs survive in this division that have a much lower income?

I am not saying that SISU have been taking money out. They have wasted many millions because of their actions. But there must be a big surpluss from the last couple of seasons. But if things don't improve drastically and quickly their income from our club will be much lower next season. And that is even if we manage to stay up. Even STH's have stopped going to games that they have a ticket for. How many of these will renew next season? And to me this is why it is time to bring out Waggott again. It is his job to tell us that things are better than they really are. The problem is that after the last few seasons there are not many gullible people left. This season has seen to that.

Skybluenutterman

Yes. Was cancelled. I had a call to let me know and offer me the job but we can't afford minimum wage!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread