Virgin trains stop selling the Daily Mail (1 Viewer)

Otis

They are tabloids that sell on headlines with little pretence. As previously stated the biggest hypocrites are the left wing newspapers which portray themselves as morally superior and claim to appeal to a higher demographic yet include within their cabal left wing luvvies like Love Myself.
Not so sure they fill their fronts pages with vitriolic headlines do they?

As I have said, I have no problem with editorials, but do have a problem with newspapers stirring up anger and hatred etc.

Everyone knows the Sun is a joke and so too the Mirror, so easy to laugh off.

martcov

Interesting. But to be honest all newspapers are full of fake news these days. Their very survival almost depends on it in the age of digital media.
They just has a political bias depending on which rag you read. Have to say the Liberal press are indeed the worse offenders of fake news.
As for Branson and his political stance I couldn't care less, fell out of love with this guy many moons ago.
The fact is - going back to the earlier exchanges of Grendel and Otis, Freedom of speech should mean exactly that. Only you should decide what you pay attention to, your choice.
Censoring your right to free speech is wrong. You may not like someone for what they say but they have a right to say it. You don't have to listen and you have the same right.
It's also important to hear/know what people are saying and thinking. Suppressing it is not helpful.

Yes, you can read and sell or pass on whatever you want to. Or not sell things that don’t sell well or are offensive in your opinion. No one should be forced to sell the Mail. Anyone can buy it elsewhere or read it online. It isn’t banned or censored in the UK. The whole thing is a storm in a tea cup. The Mail has once again succeeded in making people angry about a non story.

martcov

Some WWI propaganda.. the Hun bayoneting children.. or did they?
220px-MB_Walker_-_German_bayoneting_children_-_Life_-_July_25%2C_1915.png

First World War

The Russians did when they went on the rampage in Germany raping and killing the civilian population.. and no doubt the Nazis did some awful things in the East in particular...

Nazi style anti immigration posters are still used until this day by unscrupulous politicians....

martcov

I guess you can can see why people are arguing the case a bit then as they stock 3 pro remain papers but as a leaver what can I buy on the train? Yeah sure I can buy a daily mail and take it on with me but it’s not really the point as then just get rid of all papers. Who buys a paper on the train anyway? You buy one before surely?

The argument was about offensiveness and lack of sales. Happens that the Leave Papers such as the Mail, Sun and Express are the worst offenders. Not about Brexit.

Otis

No-one can deny that they push an agenda and an unsavoury one at that.

Someone gets murdered by an illegal immigrant and they will put in their headline 'An immigrant did it.'

If it was a Scotsman carried out the crime they wouldn't put 'A Scotsman did it,' or 'A Geordie did it,' or 'A Cockney did it.'

It's a dangerous agenda and that's the problem. It just stirs up anger and unrest.

They are also infamous for their false stories too.

10 Egregiously False Stories In The 'Daily Mail' - Listverse

Sick Boy

No-one can deny that they push an agenda and an unsavoury one at that.

Someone gets murdered by an illegal immigrant and they will put in their headline 'An immigrant did it.'

If it was a Scotsman carried out the crime they wouldn't put 'A Scotsman did it,' or 'A Geordie did it,' or 'A Cockney did it.'

It's a dangerous agenda and that's the problem. It just stirs up anger and unrest.

They are also infamous for their false stories too.

10 Egregiously False Stories In The 'Daily Mail' - Listverse

Hahaha what a rag. I see the anti-British line has been used once again for anyone opposed to xenophobia.

Otis

I wanted Pepsi in a shop and when I found they only sold Coke, I knew the loony liberal left pop brigade had got their way again.
Oh, illusion shattered. I always thought Pepsi was lefty and Coke right wing.

I always preferred Pepsi, but now I will have to stop drinking it.

Otis

Once Coke did those 'holidays are coming' ads it cemented their place as no-good do-gooders. Can't even say Christmas any more
No and I never did wish you personal season's greetings did I, so happy Winter Festival to you.

martcov

Ha ha ha. Mo Farah and Bradley Wiggins are plastic Brits. Aren’t we all in that case? It’s as if this country was never shaped by invading Romans, Saxons and Norman’s. Even that stupid woman from Britain First is the granddaughter of a Dutch immigrant.

And that ridiculous prat Farage of French descent....

Paxman II

Once Coke did those 'holidays are coming' ads it cemented their place as no-good do-gooders. Can't even say Christmas any more

Wrong.
This is a miss conception of American culture.
Americans refer to the 'holidays' as expression befitting a period of celebration, a season if you like. It is not a replacement for Merry Christmas or anything else.

skybluetony176

torchomatic

I don't need to read the Daily Mail to know it peddles racist hate. Similarly I know I won't read any post liked by Captain Dart, Grendel, Sir Ernie et al as I know I won't agree with it.

Users who are viewing this thread