Virgin trains stop selling the Daily Mail (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

In your opinion. Not the opinion of 1.5 million people.

well it clearly doesn't. It has a responsibility to report truthfully and often fails in that duty.
It may have 1.5 million readers bt you can guarantee that everyone who posts on the CET comments section is among them!

skybluetony176

You haven’t actually answered my point. I will answer yours but I need to understand your perspective first. Do you agree with suppression of freedom of speech or not?

Stopping the mail from being published would be a freedom of speech issue. Stop exaggerating. We live in a free society and Richard Branson is allowed to stop selling it if he wants. You can still buy it elsewhere and read it on the train or read it online using the WiFi available on said trains. Stop being a drama queen and overplaying the freedom of speech card.

Otis

How many people read it as opposed to an app on their phone on the train nowadays anyway?
Very valid point. Anyone who wants to read the Mail on Virgin Trains would be able to via the app.

Close thread.

Otis

I read the Daily Mail, I like a laugh now and again after all, and you never know when you need some toilet paper.

Anyway, I'd agree that it would be censorship if it were banned but... if it's just not sold because no bugger buys it, then who's spinning what headline?
Yup.

Impossible to justify selling a newspaper that sells just one copy for every four trains!!

I used to like the Independent, but if I went on a train that said they didn't sell it I wouldn't have any problem with that at all.

skybluetony176

Just reading up and they only distributed four papers anyway and will now only be distributing the Mirror, Times and FT from now on. Hardly a newsagent by any stretch of the imagination.

Grendel

I read the Daily Mail, I like a laugh now and again after all, and you never know when you need some toilet paper.

Anyway, I'd agree that it would be censorship if it were banned but... if it's just not sold because no bugger buys it, then who's spinning what headline?

In the same way I read the Guardian and snigger when the odious Will Love My Self is viewed as a voice of reason.

Grendel

well it clearly doesn't. It has a responsibility to report truthfully and often fails in that duty.
It may have 1.5 million readers bt you can guarantee that everyone who posts on the CET comments section is among them!

So in your view it clearly doesn’t and that’s the end of the discussion. Ok.

Otis

"We've decided that this paper is not compatible with the VT brand and our beliefs"

Yawn. Just another pathetic little hissyfit from an organisation who won't accept Brexit.
Just one copy sold per four trains.

Seems like some can't accept that simple fact. ;)

If it were me I would be seeking that one person out and asking 'WHY???'

Guessing the answer might well be they were in a rush and picked up the Daily Mail in error.

Grendel

Just one copy sold per four trains.

Seems like some can't accept that simple fact. ;)

If it were me I would be seeking that one person out and asking 'WHY???'

Guessing the answer might well be they were in a rush and picked up the Daily Mail in error.

It’s almost certain if that’s true then they sell 1 mirror every 8 trains and 1 observer every 25

clint van damme

Because they didn’t expose Branson as a sexual predator.

I'm thinking this is the most likely scenario. The sales story, (1 per 4 trains) sounds iffy and like I said to Ernie, if it was Brexit related why still sell the Telegraph?

Ian1779

Because all true lefties MUST hate the Mail. The Guardian says so.

No we just hate racist, manipulative, spiteful and jumped up little pricks that are of limited intelligence and wouldn't know what hypocrisy was if it smacked them with a hijab... so pretty much it's online comments section.

Grendel

No we just hate racist, manipulative, spiteful and jumped up little pricks that are of limited intelligence and wouldn't know what hypocrisy was if it smacked them with a hijab... so pretty much it's online comments section.

You sound like Jeremy Corbyn and his views on the Jewish community

clint van damme

BVQTKHuCMAEos6j.jpg

BG8PRC6CMAAW7zM.jpg

Kingokings204

How many copies do they sell of the other papers such as the mirror and guardian then?

Users who are viewing this thread