Transfer Rumour Viktor Gyökeres (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

Look at us taking players from rival teams.

He played 2 International friendlies a few years ago.

Gona change my name to J
ördan

We aren’t taking him, Brighton have recalled him as he’s started 2 games. One against us where he was subbed off at half time

SeaSeeEffCee

Sounds like he's had a pretty dreadful time at Swansea by all accounts, albeit he hasn't played much. Hopefully playing with Ostigard and starting a few games will help.

shmmeee

We need bodies as much as anything else at this point. He’ll come with a point to prove and what’s gone before is kind of irrelevant to him here

Except we’ll have to drop another body To get him into the squad.

Hoping it was just a bad loan, it seems he went there late, and got the rona, so could be.

Gibbo

Makes 6 loanees in the squad if true - so one of McCallum, Giles, Sheaf, Ostigard, James or Gyokeres will have to be left out in each game...
Now we re in the championship, we have swapped our main source of players from being experienced out of contract Bosmans (Kelly, MacF, Allen, Marosi, Wilson, Dabo even O'Hare etc) to loans. What unites these two methods is that they are cheap and flexible, unlike youth and purchase.

He's going to be a busy boy in summer replacing so many of them

Gibbo

Just bobbed onto the Swansea forum. Doesn't sound like he's had much of a chance - but they have got Ayew and Lowe who would always be ahead of him. If we need a body (which we do), sounds like a no brainer. Hopefully we will have done our research on him. As somebody else suggested, MattyGodden could effectively be out for most/all of the season, and we have to be careful not to rush Walker back before he is ready, so we need somebody in.
I wonder whether Godden is out, full stop.

cc84cov

Exactly what we needed, meat at that end of the pitch. If we could somehow convince Brum to let us have Crowley on a free I'd be very happy about our business.
I’m still asking myself...where are the goals coming from but it’s clear what market were in

Brighton Sky Blue

Exactly what we needed, meat at that end of the pitch. If we could somehow convince Brum to let us have Crowley on a free I'd be very happy about our business.

Reading what Karanka said on Crowley it’s purely to do with Crowley not fitting into his set up and nothing to do with attitude or ability. Makes him a more appealing target to be fair

Skyblueweeman

Take out the Swansea stint and he's scored 42 times in 110 appearances at club and international level.

Has pedigree. Hopefully MR and his backroom staff can get the best out of him if he comes here.

Brighton Sky Blue

‘Striker Viktor Gyokeres has been recalled from his loan spell at Swansea City by parent club Brighton & Hove Albion.

The Sweden international made 12 appearances for the Swans in total.

He scored his only goal for the club in last weekend’s FA Cup win at Stevenage.

"Brighton wanted to recall him, that happened a couple of days ago and he has said his goodbyes," said head coach Steve Cooper.

"I have to say he is a really good guy, and there is a good player in there.

"I think it was a loan that came a bit later than what everyone wanted. He had some bad luck picking up Covid on international duty too.

"He was happy here, but he wanted to play more football and we wish him well.’

David O'Day

It’s the market we’re in mate given the choice the ex Blackpool lad would been my choice but again maybe it’s out of our reach

Someone who is in his late 20's and has had 1 good season at a lower level than we are is out of our reach?

Users who are viewing this thread