Victor Torp (1 Viewer)

mmttww

Not going through 15 pages to check if this is a repeat.

Best tune for Vic....

Baby Shark ! :D

Linked in case anyone has missed out on this classic

It is a repeat suggestion, but it's probably about the best one and most likely to stick!

Diogenes

To the tune of Starman

There's a viking who's name is Victor torp
He's playing for the city,
and he comes from sarpsborg town
There's a viking - bossing the midfield
He told us not to miss the swede
'"Cause he knows the goals he'll yield"
He told me
Let SBT lose it
Let the Sky Blues use it
Let Doug King boogie

itsabuzzard

To the tune of Starman

There's a viking who's name is Victor torp
He's playing for the city,
and he comes from sarpsborg town
There's a viking - bossing the midfield
He told us not to miss the swede
'"Cause he knows the goals he'll yield"
He told me
Let SBT lose it
Let the Sky Blues use it
Let Doug King boogie
This could catch on.

lacesoutdom

To the tune of lord of the dance

Torp, Torp, plays for the city
They make lego in his home country
Doug signed him from a club in Norway
And he'll lead us all to the prem one day

Torp, Torp, wherever you may be
They make Lego in your home country
we know you're not from Brazil
cause he turns out for Sheffield

Hobo

A bit worrying the journalist who covers Sarpsborg 08 described him as "not a very fast runner, but uses the ball well."

I will wait until I see him in the flesh and use my own eyes and judgement. But let's hope we don't end up singing,

"Victor Torp, slow as a cart horse."

slondonskyblue

I have a feeling this guy is the final piece of the jigsaw for our playoff push. If we can get Simms scoring (even though he offers more that goals) we will be top 6 at a canter.

Astute

A bit worrying the journalist who covers Sarpsborg 08 described him as "not a very fast runner, but uses the ball well."

I will wait until I see him in the flesh and use my own eyes and judgement. But let's hope we don't end up singing,

A football brain is better than someone who can run the fastest but doesn't know what to do for the best.

Uses the ball well? That will do me. Sounds like a DM that starts attacks. We don't need every player to do 100m in 10 seconds. We do however need players with different skills. He sounds just the part.

slondonskyblue

Are there any CM’s with blistering pace?

Theo Walcott would literally be the opposite of what this journalist is describing. A very fast runner but doesn’t use the ball very well. I wouldn’t worry too much.

Covkid1968#

Torp, Torp, wherever you may be
we know you're not from Brazil
cause he turns out for Sheffield

Torp, Torp, whoever you may be
But it could be worse, you could be Dutch
Leaving a club that you loved so much

harvey098

Given the Bowie lookalike - I propose the following

Ground Control to Major Torp
Eat your smoked fish
And put your viking helmet on
Commencing countdown
Engines on
Check ignition
And may Dougs love be with you
Ten, Nine, Eight, Seven, Six, Five, Four, Three, Two, One, Liftoff
This is Ground Control
To Major Torp
You've really made the grade
And the papers want to know which sky blue shirt you wear
Now it's time to leave the capsule
If you dare
This is Major Torp to Ground Control
I'm stepping through the door
And I'm floating
In a most peculiar way
And the stars look very different today

Love this but think it needs another verse

shmmeee

Grown men trying to make up songs for a footballer...is it just me that finds this a bit amusing?!

Gonna address this cos I keep seeing it come up.

Firstly, no one is posting songs online in the hope they’re taken up by the crowd. It’s basically a wordplay game people like to play. At home I make up song for the missus and the kids and the cat and the tuna mayo sandwich I’m making. Cos I like wordplay and songs.

Secondly, “grown men doing X”. My guy, you are an avid football fan. You watch people kick a bag of wind about and it has a measurable affect on your biochemistry. You sing these songs that someone made up in a pub or on a coach. Trying to act teenager cool as a football fan is ludicrous. As ludicrous as getting sniffy over video games or Marvel or music or TV shows. It’s all silly. That’s the point of entertainment. None of it matters. No one is going to laugh at you any more or less because of how you enjoy your entertainment. School is over. No one gives a fuck. Worry less about being seen as cringe and more about enjoying yourself, it’s later than you think.

MalcSB

Firstly, no one is posting songs online in the hope they’re taken up by the crowd. It’s basically a wordplay game people like to play. At home I make up song for the missus and the kids and the cat and the tuna mayo sandwich I’m making. Cos I like wordplay and songs.

Secondly, “grown men doing X”. My guy, you are an avid football fan. You watch people kick a bag of wind about and it has a measurable affect on your biochemistry. You sing these songs that someone made up in a pub or on a coach. Trying to act teenager cool as a football fan is ludicrous. As ludicrous as getting sniffy over video games or Marvel or music or TV shows. It’s all silly. That’s the point of entertainment. None of it matters. No one is going to laugh at you any more or less because of how you enjoy your entertainment. School is over. No one gives a fuck. Worry less about being seen as cringe and more about enjoying yourself, it’s later than you think.
I cant begin to tell you how disappointed I am that I won’t be hearing any of these compositions at the CBS☹️

lacesoutdom

School is over. No one gives a fuck.
Jeremy Strong Yes GIF by SuccessionHBO

lacesoutdom

those guys that dont like it, i assume are sat at the CBS in silence then? 😙

jimmy hill was 34 when wrote the song....

Skyblueweeman

Just to be clear, are you accusing me of 'acting teenager cool'??

You can see something as amusing - I didn't use the word 'cringe' - without worrying about it. I don't need to 'worry less' and 'enjoy myself more' - I'm all good.

I just don't see any relevance of xg when the only real thing that tells me how good a team is doing, is the league table. I don't mind stats on teams or players, that's a summary of how they've been performing. But predictive 'this is how many shots we should have just seems rather pointless.

baldy

Nothing 'teenager cool' about it - the song suggestions just aren't funny & painfully so - you obviously give a fuck though seeing as you've gabbled on in response

Diogenes

In honour of the disagreement with hitherto song choices, I have made a song about making a song for Torp.

To the tune of Ghost Riders in the Sky

Victor Torp went to the CBS one dark and windy day
At the Sky Blue Tavern he rested as he went along his way
When all at once a mighty gang of red eyed SBT members he saw
A ploughing through the ragged skies and up a cloudy draw

Their typing fingers were still on fire and their tin foil helmets looked like steel
They were still arguing with slowpoke
Who said that at 40mil Udogie was a steal
A bolt of fear went through him as he heard the first words of his new song
He saw the SBT cogs turning hard, and new it was so wrong.

Yippie-i-ay Yippie-i-oh
Ghost SBT fans in the sky

Yippie-i-ay (Yippie-i-ay)
Yippie-i-oh (Yippie-i-oh)
Ghost SBT fans the sky

Their faces gaunt, their eyes were blurred, their DHgate shirts all soaked with sweat
They're thinkin hard to write that song but they ain't penned it yet
'Cause they've got to argue forever in the forum up in the sky
With laptops spewing fire. As they type hard, hear them cry

Yippie-i-ay Yippie-i-oh
Ghost SBT fans in the sky (in the sky)

Users who are viewing this thread