If you dare
This is Major Torp to Ground Control
I'm stepping through the door
And I'm floating
In a most peculiar way
And the stars look very different today

Hahaha, good try, but you really need to get out a bit more. 🥴

procdoc

Mark and Adi were asked about Torp tonight.
Mark said that Torp looks a good addition. He has clean feet meaning he strikes the ball well and has a good range of passing. He was asked when he’s likely to feature and Mark bluntly replied when we think he’s ready to feature, as there are other aspects of his game he needs to work on.
Adi added that Torp is challenging for a place in the most difficult position to get into the team. He said our current midfield is in the best 3 or 4 in the whole league. I found that a very interesting comment as everyone on here thinks that’s the area we need to strengthen the most

SlowerThanPlatt

Adi added that Torp is challenging for a place in the most difficult position to get into the team. He said our current midfield is in the best 3 or 4 in the whole league. I found that a very interesting comment as everyone on here thinks that’s the area we need to strengthen the most
Sheaf we know is quality for this level, Eccles it was said Viveash loves him and pushed for him to be in the team.

Terry_dactyl

Mark said that Torp looks a good addition. He has clean feet meaning he strikes the ball well and has a good range of passing. He was asked when he’s likely to feature and Mark bluntly replied when we think he’s ready to feature, as there are other aspects of his game he needs to work on.
Is it not more about people thinking we would struggle if anyone gets injured? Our starting midfield is great.
Plus it’s nice to have some variation.

Martin180

I constantly say it and get laughed at and argued against but Sheaf and Eccles are up there ,both as a pairing and individually,with the best in the league .
Eccles especially is criminally underrated by some on here while Sheaf is put on a pedestal. When you crunch stats there is very little between them .
Will be interesting to see how quickly and who with that Torp gets into the starting lineup

Balli001

I constantly say it and get laughed at and argued against but Sheaf and Eccles are up there ,both as a pairing and individually,with the best in the league .
Eccles especially is criminally underrated by some on here while Sheaf is put on a pedestal. When you crunch stats there is very little between them .
Will be interesting to see how quickly and who with that Torp gets into the starting lineup
Binks tonight also said sheaf was up there with our best players and we miss him when he isn't there

Calista

They said something along the lines of Torp needs to acclimatise and work on the defensive part to his game. They said he’s very talented and will learn quickly.
It's hard enough to keep formation with his foot-bath saturation

Last edited:

long way home

Torp will not be trusted to play in a flat mid with Eccles or Sheaf yet. He will be given a free role with protection behind him for a bit. Im sure he has been brought in to eventually strengthen that deeper area but now i dont see the point in forcing him in.

He will be given time and minutes to work himself in, no rush needed with him. He has the tools and fitness just needs a few weeks learning his responsibilities and getting the speed of the game. I dont doubt he will get minutes but i don't think we see him on for a few games yet

Astute

Sounds like we couldn't find another Hamer so we're going to make one ourselves 😄

And yes strengthening the backup players is important. But we can't just bring in a player this late in the season and expect them to slot straight in. It was easier in the days of 442. Now each player is a piece in a jigsaw. If one player gets the role wrong it leaves gaps. We're better off utilising the present players if needed that already know the system we use.

Which is why it's perfect timing to bring Torp in. He has already seen how passionate we can be. He has seen the football we play. Bet he can't wait to get on the pitch. By the sound of it he doesn't need much work on going forwards but he needs to learn the defensive role. I'm sure we will see a fair bit of him before the end of the season.

Would be great if he has made his way into the side before Wembley.

fernandopartridge

Torp will not be trusted to play in a flat mid with Eccles or Sheaf yet. He will be given a free role with protection behind him for a bit. Im sure he has been brought in to eventually strengthen that deeper area but now i dont see the point in forcing him in.

He will be given time and minutes to work himself in, no rush needed with him. He has the tools and fitness just needs a few weeks learning his responsibilities and getting the speed of the game. I dont doubt he will get minutes but i don't think we see him on for a few games yet
Nobody has a free role in the team, O'Hare is as big a part of our defensive work as anybody else in the midfield just higher up the pitch

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Hertsccfc

Not everybody. I have thought all season Eccles and Sheaf have been our best players. And I think of the two Eccles is slightly better.

ccfcricoh

agree - although i feel Sheaf is pretty hard done by as well by fans and isnt put on a pedestal as much as he should be.

Sheaf last season was playing next to the best MF in the league and his job was easier, this year he has really stepped up.

Eccles also stepped up very well but do think he would benefit from a bit of rotation sometimes.

skyblue_55

I really hope we have signed a gem , as I’m still cringing re the mercurial talents of one Marcel Hillsner …….. who could do everything ……… apart from play !

JSL

So who do people see Victor Torp replacing in the starting line up when he gets his chance? I cant see him replacing COH, Sheaf or Tats and he not exactly a front 3 man. That only leaves Eccles in my opinion but hes upped his game of late

TomRad85

So who do people see Victor Torp replacing in the starting line up when he gets his chance? I cant see him replacing COH, Sheaf or Tats and he not exactly a front 3 man. That only leaves Eccles in my opinion but hes upped his game of late
He's been bought in to start and assuming he's good enough the strongest 11 will have him and Sheaf in the middle. Eccles will still however get plenty of minutes. It's that simple really.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

ExmouthNeil

So. Two things.
One. Song/chant. How bout the Iceland clap (stop it...) with the TORP! chant?
Two. Isn't it great that we can bring a new player to the squad and not need to rush him into a new league/country? How times have changed...

Skybluedownunder

So. Two things.
One. Song/chant. How bout the Iceland clap (stop it...) with the TORP! chant?
Two. Isn't it great that we can bring a new player to the squad and not need to rush him into a new league/country? How times have changed...

One -

giphy.gif

Two - Yes very nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Happy_Martian

Not going through 15 pages to check if this is a repeat.

Best tune for Vic....

Baby Shark ! :D

Linked in case anyone has missed out on this classic

• Haha
Reactions: AOM

Users who are viewing this thread