US presidential Election 2020 (1 Viewer)

Who will win the election

• Total voters

bezzer

Likely neither. Postal vote counting apparently doesn't start until after votes on the day are counted to ensure no-one votes twice. Also could handily see Trump claim a win, postal votes are fraudulent and shouldn't be counted. So likely to be contested in the courts for a while as well.

Some States count the postal votes as they arrive, Florida being one.

shmmeee

They only see what they want to see!!

Ive got friends in the US. There were some riots around the BLM protests in large cities, there was not political violence after Trumps win. Mostly just depression and peaceful protest.

You’re the ones thinking a few selectively edited videos of twats in Portland is some great insight into the political psyche of America.

skybluetony176

The lunatics have taken over the asylum.

Have none of you seen the utter state of looting and rioting in the last year over in America?

I guess we will have to see who wins the election, but I don't think Trump will get the floor wiped with him as much as some think.
Is America great yet?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

The lunatics have taken over the asylum.

Have none of you seen the utter state of looting and rioting in the last year over in America?

I guess we will have to see who wins the election, but I don't think Trump will get the floor wiped with him as much as some think.

Have you seen the quasi-Mafia shitshow that's been running that country for the last four years? He may as well have just prodded everyone in the eye with a sharp stick dipped in lemon juice he's trying so hard to provoke a reaction.

Do you think voter intimidation of people voting by standing outside polling stations heavily armed, pepper spraying of pro-voting rally attendees, gerrymandering of districts to favour republicans, a massively Rep biased electoral college system, reducing the ability to register to vote or even cast/post early ballots and filibustering/blocking legislation and court appointees sounds even remotely like proper democratic process? It's specifically designed to reduce the ability of the more liberal/progressive elements in US society from effecting much needed change. So much so some liberal states are openly discussing secession.

I don't think Trump will lose as badly as some think, but that'll mainly be due to the electoral college than voting. I'm still bracing myself just in case but I'm hoping the early voting will be the difference. I'm still adamant he will not leave quietly and claim millions of fraudulent votes (all for Biden amazingly despite historically Rep's having more voter fraud) and demand they be destroyed before being counted. I mean last time he claimed it for Hillary even though he won the presidency purely because he couldn't bear the thought of losing the popular vote. What do you think he'd do if he hadn't won the Presidency? Even last time he said "I'll accept the result, but only if I win".

The warning signs are all there.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Have you seen the quasi-Mafia shitshow that's been running that country for the last four years? He may as well have just prodded everyone in the eye with a sharp stick dipped in lemon juice he's trying so hard to provoke a reaction.

Do you think voter intimidation of people voting by standing outside polling stations heavily armed, pepper spraying of pro-voting rally attendees, gerrymandering of districts to favour republicans, a massively Rep biased electoral college system, reducing the ability to register to vote or even cast/post early ballots and filibustering/blocking legislation and court appointees sounds even remotely like proper democratic process? It's specifically designed to reduce the ability of the more liberal/progressive elements in US society from effecting much needed change. So much so some liberal states are openly discussing secession.

I don't think Trump will lose as badly as some think, but that'll mainly be due to the electoral college than voting. I'm still bracing myself just in case but I'm hoping the early voting will be the difference. I'm still adamant he will not leave quietly and claim millions of fraudulent votes (all for Biden amazingly despite historically Rep's having more voter fraud) and demand they be destroyed before being counted. I mean last time he claimed it for Hillary even though he won the presidency purely because he couldn't bear the thought of losing the popular vote. What do you think he'd do if he hadn't won the Presidency? Even last time he said "I'll accept the result, but only if I win".

The warning signs are all there.

As I said, we will see what happens.

I hate both candidates and think they are both utterly shite. I just cannot take anyone seriously who seems to sleep when one side do something wrong, but project x1000 when it is the other side misbehaving.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Is America great yet?

The country is actually a lot better than a lot of bitter people give it credit for, and that is nothing to do with the politics. Yes, many Americans can be obnoxious and stupid, but I have also met some of the friendliest people I have ever encountered there. I guess it is just pretty fashionable to hate on them.

SBT

Having actually lived in America for most of the Trump administration, I can say that it is both better than people give it credit for*, and also moving dangerously in the wrong direction (and politics is one of the main reasons for that)

Great people, incredible scenery, amazing food etc....but there are some bizarre problems with life there that made it easy for me to leave.

*for people like me, at least

Users who are viewing this thread