US presidential Election 2020 (1 Viewer)

Who will win the election

• Total voters

Evo1883

Who will win, not who you want to win, who you think will win

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Anyone but psycho Trump, please. The U.S. looks on the brink of civil war at times.

David O'Day

Biden all the way, the individual state polling gives Trump far too much to do in the electoral college. He could potentially lose texas.

Evo1883

I think Biden will just about win, but I wouldn't put money on it if I was asked to... They got it so massively wrong with hillary and the polls

skybluetony176

Got a feeling it will be a rerun of last time. Biden will win the popular vote but Trump will win the college vote and unfortunately that’s what puts you in the White House.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Honestly no idea right now. It's amazing I can write that given what Trump is like but that's where we are in the modern world.

Even more division across the spectrum than here and people will vote for whichever one is wearing their preferred rosette. Again I don't think the democrats have chosen a particularly strong candidate. Electoral college system doesn't favour democrats and it appears Trump will do everything he can to try and prevent/put off those people who aren't likely to vote for him from doing so.

Could well depend on if the younger voters will show up in swing states.

One thing I can say for sure - if Trump loses he's not accepting it and stepping down.

Ian1779

Honestly no idea right now. It's amazing I can write that given what Trump is like but that's where we are in the modern world.

Even more division across the spectrum than here and people will vote for whichever one is wearing their preferred rosette. Again I don't think the democrats have chosen a particularly strong candidate. Electoral college system doesn't favour democrats and it appears Trump will do everything he can to try and prevent/put off those people who aren't likely to vote for him from doing so.

Could well depend on if the younger voters will show up in swing states.

One thing I can say for sure - if Trump loses he's not accepting it and stepping down.
I agree that the Dems have not picked the right guy for this fight. Biden should really get over the line given the damage Trump has done over the last 4 years but I wouldn’t bet on the outcome at all.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

If we're honest given what 2020 has been like a Trump victory would just be the shitflakes on top of a massive turdcake.

skybluetony176

Hillary was consistently ahead in the polls last time.
The one glimmer of hope was that at no time did Hillary poll more than 50%. Biden has consistently done that. Comes down to concentration of votes. If all them extra votes are in safe states for the Democrats then the only thing that might change is by how much Biden wins the popular vote.

chiefdave

Think Biden will edge it but it will be very close. The one thing Trump was right about was when he said he could stand on New York’s Fifth Avenue “and shoot somebody” and still not lose votes. Seems no matter how badly he has handled things, or anything he does or is linked to, his supporters just brush it off.

Similar to Brexit and Johnson really. Its very bizarre. There's a lot of hyperbole like 'this is how the nazis started' or calling it a cult but I'm not sure what a more accurate description would be.

Don't discount Trump refusing to go if he loses. Been very non-committal when questions around that have been asked.

David O'Day

The one glimmer of hope was that at no time did Hillary poll more than 50%. Biden has consistently done that. Comes down to concentration of votes. If all them extra votes are in safe states for the Democrats then the only thing that might change is by how much Biden wins the popular vote.

The state by state polling is very bad for trump at the moment

Biden is way ahead in many states that Trump won in 2016

pastythegreat

Do Polls even matter anymore? Are they even still relevant? EVERY single poll leading up to the brexit vote had Britain down to stay in the EU. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. Numerous polls had Scotland down for independence too! An awful lot of polls last year tipped Corbyn, but it couldn't be any further from what actually happened. Ill wait amd see what actually happens at the end of the voting day rather than listen to the polls.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Otis

The state by state polling is very bad for trump at the moment

Biden is way ahead in many states that Trump won in 2016
Yeah, but if Trump denigrates some black employees, calls people taking the knee "sons of bitches", mocks someone in a wheelchair and grabs some innocent woman by their bits, people will whoop and holler and his popularity rating will suddenly soar again.

David O'Day

Do Polls even matter anymore? Are they even still relevant? EVERY single poll leading up to the brexit vote had Britain down to stay in the EU. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. Numerous polls had Scotland down for independence too! An awful lot of polls last year tipped Corbyn, but it couldn't be any further from what actually happened. Ill wait amd see what actually happens at the end of the voting day rather than listen to the polls.

In the US they do yes, the polling averages on the state by state polls are very accurate. Clinton also won the popular vote by pretty much the same as the national pollion#g projections.

David O'Day

Yeah, but if Trump denigrates some black employees, calls people taking the knee "sons of bitches", mocks someone in a wheelchair and grabs some innocent woman by their bits, people will whoop and holler and his popularity rating will suddenly soar again.

Only impressed by that are his base. In the independents he's a lot lot further behind this time around.

David O'Day

"EVERY.SINGLE.ONE"

shmmeee

No polls tipped Corbyn, or Scottish independence, Brexit changed in the last few days. Hillary won the popular vote.

David O'Day

Like 4-5 polls out of about 200 of them had it down as leave. Plus 1 of those 4-5 is the actual result so 3 exit polls from around 200 got it right?!?!
So i slightly exaggerated, but this doesn't really help prove polls are accurate does it?!

There's 17 polls in June 2016 alone that that said out was going to win.

David O'Day

No polls tipped Corbyn, or Scottish independence, Brexit changed in the last few days. Hillary won the popular vote.

I've looked at the Scottish Referendum polling and in 2 years of polling only 3 outliers ever said Out was going to win.

pastythegreat

Indy ref had numerous polls in favour of Yes.

And 2019 elections, okay, this is only 1 opinion poll, but an opinion poll favoured corbyn.

Opinion polls get it wrong, time after time after time.
b5a678eb294ab2b5c6c41542082e1206.jpg

f3877c6e1a8d8b2b22aa70c840771ce1.jpg

David O'Day

And 2019 elections, okay, this is only 1 opinion poll, but an opinion poll favoured corbyn.

Polling will always have outliers though, that's just a by-product of the methodology they use to extrapolate the result from the raw data.

shmmeee

What you’ve shown there is you don’t understand outliers or margins of error. Both those screenshots show polling overwhelmingly in favour of No and the Tories.

clint van damme

Users who are viewing this thread