Updated - Relegation run-in: all teams' fixtures in a table (1 Viewer)

Barnsley

I’ve just stuck £100 on you to win the prem in the next 10 years. Practically printing money.

If Leicester can do it.

No seriously they’ll be a limit as to how far we’ll get, when only investing the revenue the club creates, which is what our owners are intent on doing, but looking at what they’re getting out of our budget, it’ll not be mid table in the championship. They’re proving to be very clued up.

Grendel

Ahhh that's what it is then. You can over promise players because you have no risk and can just dump them off, not get stuck with bad transfers like the rest of us.

You're not some plucky underdog. Just another team skirting around the rules.

Yes the owners have stakes in other clubs which is always rather fishy

Barnsley

Dodgy as fuck.

Talk about run-ing sustainably then brag about dumping off players that don't work out.

Not bragging at all. Just telling you what we’ll do, apparently we’re going to fail because we’ll get lumbered with unsuccessful signings for 5 years, we won’t because teams like Doncaster, Ipswich, Stevenage, and Notts County can afford to pay them what we are, that’s why we’ve got 4 players at them clubs, Plus our owners have clubs who are looking for the exact same players we sign, so if they don’t work out for us, they might for them.

Liquid Gold

Not bragging at all. Just telling you what we’ll do, apparently we’re going to fail because we’ll get lumbered with unsuccessful signings for 5 years, we won’t because teams like Doncaster, Ipswich, Stevenage, and Notts County can afford to pay them what we are, that’s why we’ve got 4 players at them clubs, Plus our owners have clubs who are looking for the exact same players we sign, so if they don’t work out for us, they might for them.
It fucking stinks mate. The sort of setup that should be banned. I don't care if it's you, Watford, Man City or Red Bull.

Barnsley

It fucking stinks mate. The sort of setup that should be banned. I don't care if it's you, Watford, Man City or Red Bull.

Totally agree, but it’s not is it.
Same as all this minimal contact fouls, slight coming together, roll around a bit, it’s a foul, load of bollox and it’s killing the game, but people have to accept it, it’s the way it is, so it’s become if you can’t beat them because they’re cheating, try and cheat better. I hate what football as become, I fell out of love with it over a decade ago, don’t watch premier league and haven’t for years, wouldn’t know most of the players if I saw them in the street.

I love BFC but hate football, if it wasn’t for the social gathering before and after, I’d have probably packed in watching Barnsley too.

lifeskyblue

If Barnsley go up this year will we stop having to fucking hear about them and how fantastic they are constantly next season?

Yes ...because like West Brom and Fulham they will most likely be relegated straight away. No one will be telling us how good they are if they are rock bottom with minimal points.
Having said that...however the final games go we can all agree they have out performed this season how almost everyone (including die hard Barnsley fans) would have thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

Totally agree, but it’s not is it.
Same as all this minimal contact fouls, slight coming together, roll around a bit, it’s a foul, load of bollox and it’s killing the game, but people have to accept it, it’s the way it is, so it’s become if you can’t beat them because they’re cheating, try and cheat better. I hate what football as become, I fell out of love with it over a decade ago, don’t watch premier league and haven’t for years, wouldn’t know most of the players if I saw them in the street.

I love BFC but hate football, if it wasn’t for the social gathering before and after, I’d have probably packed in watching Barnsley too.

I still kept faith in the German system up until a fecking drinks company looks like it will eventually buy the league. At least for the most part they still vaguely try and do things properly.

hill83

Congratulations on making me not like Barnsley. Never even thought about them before. Exiles from their own forums are always a bit weird. We’ve got a couple of our own on the Sunderland forum.

Last edited:

Otis

You see, I don't see that at all. Wednesday are at QPR. I think that will be a very tough game for them.

I also think that Birmingham WON'T beat Stoke and that the best Rotherham will get out of the Huddersfield game will be a draw.

Magwitch1

Blackburn, keep an eye on them, this time last season Charlton were sitting on 46 points same as Blackburn who with six games left have five teams below them to play.

NortonSkyBlue

A few on here will be dreading their posts resurfacing from before and after the Barnsley game at Oakwell. Giving it the they are shit, we are much better than them.
Good luck to them, shows what can be achieved and whatever happens they had a fantastic season.

Sky Blue Harry H

Congratulations on making me not like Barnsley. Never even thought about them before. Exiles from their own forums are always a bit weird. We’ve got a couple of our own on the Sunderland forum.

I'm Spartacus. It's the only other forum I have ever signed up to, and was a result of me having a strong Newcastle connection, coupled with a genuine interested in interacting with their anti-Coventry mindset. That said, you are right, I am a bit weird ;)

Barnsley

A few on here will be dreading their posts resurfacing from before and after the Barnsley game at Oakwell. Giving it the they are shit, we are much better than them.
Good luck to them, shows what can be achieved and whatever happens they had a fantastic season.
🤣😂🤣😂 it wasn’t the fact they thought we’d be shite, it was the fact they wouldn’t listen to a bloke who’s been watching Barnsley for 34 years home and away. And only missed an handful of games in the last 20 years.

I know shite, I’ve been watching it for years. This squad is far from shite. They’ve been in top six form for 16 months.

Brighton Sky Blue

🤣😂🤣😂 it wasn’t the fact they thought we’d be shite, it was the fact they wouldn’t listen to a bloke who’s been watching Barnsley for 34 years home and away. And only missed an handful of games in the last 20 years.

I know shite, I’ve been watching it for years. This squad is far from shite. They’ve been in top six form for 16 months.

Plus if Barnsley struggle you’ve now got 3 other clubs to fall back on.

Evo1883

To be fair , your last 11 games of the 19/20 season you won 4 drew 3 lost 4

It's more upper mid table form that

You've actually only been in top 6 form since October...so around 6 months

Barnsley

To be fair , your last 11 games of the 19/20 season you won 4 drew 3 lost 4

It's more upper mid table form that

You've actually only been in top 6 form since October...so around 6 months

yeah we’ve been shite then pal you’re right.

Evo1883

I never said you've been shite ...I said you've actually been in top 6 form , based on results since October .

Which is actually more true than your 16 months claim

Evo1883

Your form In the 10 months before October was

Won 8
Drew 8
Lost 11

32 points from 81
Or 32 points from 27 games

Since then

Won 20
Drew 4
Lost 9

64 points from 33 matches

Or 64 points from 99 available

So you've been in top 6 form since October

Last edited:

Ccfcisparks

It is but all I'm doing is pointing out that what he claims isn't true
He first joined to discuss us and our position. Now all he does is discuss Barnsley. It’s boring now, and I can’t imagine many people on here are that arsed about how well Barnsley are doing.

Evo1883

He first joined to discuss us and our position. Now all he does is discuss Barnsley. It’s boring now, and I can’t imagine many people on here are that arsed about how well Barnsley are doing.

We can all admit it's a little intruiging ,it's definitely against the grain and could be a model used for other clubs with smaller resources

Whether next season will be the same when teams have fans behind them though remains to be seen

Barnsley

I never said you've been shite ...I said you've actually been in top 6 form , based on results since October .

Which is actually more true than your 16 months claim

since Christmas 2019 we’ve averaged around 1.55 points per game it’s 1.60 on average for a play off place, so we’ve been in top 6 chasing form since in my eyes.

Evo1883

since Christmas 2019 we’ve averaged around 1.55 points per game it’s 1.60 on average for a play off place, so we’ve been in top 6 chasing form since in my eyes.

Not sure I agree with that logic because you'd be basing it off a 60 game season

Either way ... you certainly have been this season

Brighton Sky Blue

We can all admit it's a little intruiging ,it's definitely against the grain and could be a model used for other clubs with smaller resources

Whether next season will be the same when teams have fans behind them though remains to be seen

Owners having multiple clubs isn’t a model, it’s at best a loophole and at worst cheating

Evo1883

Owners having multiple clubs isn’t a model, it’s at best a loophole and at worst cheating

OK i didnt realise this, I also don't understand what the implications are of this in regards to their resources etc ..it's still a remarkable season for them though surely ?

Users who are viewing this thread