update on odds and ends off the pitch (1 Viewer)

crowsnest

So we've never had a transfer embargo before for posting anything late?Why do we need a comparison? A comparison would be another football club anyway, so that wasn't a comparison it was a quite deliberate deflection.

Perhaps people were comparing them because they are local businesses that they know about.

Swindon Town were 2 month late filing the accounts - no transfer embargo

oldfiver

It amaze's me that when someone discusses something on a CCFC forum that concerns the club and could possibly effect the day to day running of the club some poster's feel the need to deflect the issue onto ACL, Higgs etc.

So the ( alleged )failure to comply with statutory requirements by two of the main organisations that directly affected CCFC is not a matter that concerned you?

skybluetony176

It amaze's me that when someone discusses something on a CCFC forum that concerns the club and could possibly effect the day to day running of the club some poster's feel the need to deflect the issue onto ACL, Higgs etc.

So the ( alleged )failure to comply with statutory requirements by two of the main organisations that directly affected CCFC is not a matter that concerned you?

How does it directly effect us? Do we get a transfer embargo because our landlords don't have their books up to date and posted on time? Maybe we get fined? I'm struggling to see the implication here.

crowsnest

A poor one though as they got an embargo for spending too much money :whistle:

Did you just google Swindon town embargo? That refers to 2012.

I am talking about 2015 - accounts due Feb not posted until April.
During this time they signed Ricketts, a player Tony Mowbray was trying to sign.

Terry Gibson's perm

During this time they signed Ricketts, a player Tony Mowbray was trying to sign.

Ah the football league and its flexible rules

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
The main detail in the OP was actually about the Administrators/Liquidators fees but .....

I do not see that Annual returns for entities on the Companies House register should ever be late. There can be problems filing accounts on time but these are very much exceptional items and there can be good reasons. I do not condone it for any entity however

Filing records late - this is what seems to be the facts during the last 10 years for the main companies involved. - source Companies House & Charities Commission

CCFC Ltd - Accounts 2010, 2011 & 2006 Annual return 2010 (due to liquidation never filed accounts 2012 onwards )

CCFC H Ltd - Accounts 2011,2010 & 2006 Annual returns 2006,2007,2008,2009 & 2010 (due to liquidation never filed accounts 2012 onwards )

SBS&L Ltd - Accounts 2010,2011, & 2012 (formed 31/10/2007)

Otium Ent Grp Ltd - Accounts 2012 (Co Hse move to strike off listed and had to be cancelled) Annual Returns 2013 & 2015 (company formed April 2011) (the 2015 return was received electronically date marked 04/06/2015 - ie late)

ACL - Annual returns 2007, 2008, 2009, 2014

Filing of accounts late at Companies House incur penalties and leave directors at risk of prosecution. Filing Annual returns late can have consequences too (see post above)

AEHC for same 10 years filed 2012 & 2013 accounts late. I would guess that the various disputes and court actions caused the Trustees & auditors some serious concerns, which created difficulties in filing on time but that is nothing more than a guess (that could be argued about CCFC, CCFCH, SBS&L etc accounts but it seems ACL could file their accounts on time)The Charities Commission in the past has been more forgiving than Companies House - that is changing

Charity accounts should be filed 10 months after the year end. The Charity commission has no power to impose penalties but can strike a charity off after 6 months late. If late in 2 out of 5 years means a statutory inquiry. Action, if any, would depend on how well the charity has kept the Charities Commission informed. The annual return can only be filed once the last accounts have been

Draw your own conclusions. Like I said the OP was not put up to focus on this issue.

Last edited:

Terry Gibson's perm

The main detail in the OP was actually about the Administrators/Liquidators fees but .....

I do not see that Annual returns for entities on the Companies House register should ever be late. There can be problems filing accounts on time but these are very much exceptional items and there can be good reasons. I do not condone it for any entity however

Filing records late - this is what seems to be the facts during the last 10 years for the main companies involved. - source Companies House & Charities Commission

CCFC Ltd - Accounts 2010, 2011 & 2006 Annual return 2010 (due to liquidation never filed accounts 2012 onwards )

CCFC H Ltd - Accounts 2011,2010 & 2006 Annual returns 2006,2007,2008,2009 & 2010 (due to liquidation never filed accounts 2012 onwards )

SBS&L Ltd - Accounts 2010,2011, & 2012 (formed 31/10/2007)

Otium Ent Grp Ltd - Accounts 2012 (Co Hse move to strike off listed and had to be cancelled) Annual Returns 2013 & 2015 (company formed April 2011) (the 2015 return was received electronically date marked 04/06/2015 - ie late)

ACL - Annual returns 2007, 2008, 2009, 2014

Filing of accounts late at Companies House incur penalties and leave directors at risk of prosecution. Filing Annual returns late can have consequences too (see post above)

AEHC for same 10 years filed 2012 & 2013 accounts late. I would guess that the various disputes and court actions caused the Trustees & auditors some serious concerns, which created difficulties in filing on time but that is nothing more than a guess. The Charities Commission in the past has been more forgiving than Companies House - that is changing

Charity accounts should be filed 10 months after the year end. The Charity commission has no power to impose penalties but can strike a charity off after 6 months late. If late in 2 out of 5 years means a statutory inquiry. Action, if any, would depend on how well the charity has kept the Charities Commission informed. The annual return can only be filed once the last accounts have been

Draw your own conclusions. Like I said the Op was not put up to focus on this issue.

Shame Appleton didn't get the other 2k that must have been about half an hours work he didn't get paid for

Astute

Why would I google Swindon Town embargo? I remembered it because it was the FL that put them over their limit. IIRC two players that they wanted went to tribunal. The FL put a value on them more than Swindon wanted to pay and it put them over their limit. What has that got to do with filing accounts late if you want to raise the question?

Grendel

Why would I google Swindon Town embargo? I remembered it because it was the FL that put them over their limit. IIRC two players that they wanted went to tribunal. The FL put a value on them more than Swindon wanted to pay and it put them over their limit. What has that got to do with filing accounts late if you want to raise the question?

As much to do with any embargo resulting from this information?

Users who are viewing this thread