Upcoming Changes At The Ricoh (1 Viewer)

letsallsingtogether

Believe what you want?

I am just passing on the message.

All he went on about was how the Wasps have no money that maybe the reason he answered as he did?
You now believe Fisher then?

I find it hard to accept that Wasps are going to keep sky blue seats branded with ccfc.

NorthernWisdom

Dont want to get too political but Anne Lucas is hard line labour and Coventry is by far a majority labour area. To apportion blame 50/50 is classic Westminster spin.

Well... we had a Conservative dominated council when the Ricoh was built...

tbh the surprising thing is how not one councillor has been prepared to break ranks. This in itself is... odd.

Not quite sure what to make of it either. Doesn't automatically mean they all agreed either. It is however... odd!

letsallsingtogether

Just about to mention the same thing. He's believed or not believed as it suits.

You hypocrite, you moan about others putting words into your mouth.

Did I say I believed him or did I say that is what he told us?

Edit: why should you care what colour they are you were quite happy sitting on Red ones last season.

Last edited:

ccfc1234

We had a premiership ground, great onsite facilities. A train station on its way and were now looking at begging to a rugby club to let us play at their rugby branded ground.
We shortly will be unwelcome tenants if the franchise model works (which i do hope it does not).

Now were going to build a poor crummy ground akin to the keepmoat that will be as attractive to a heterosexual as a man in drag to players of the caliber we need to get back to the prem. SISU are really selling our future down the river for their own ends when they should of sold us to an investor who would of brought ACL if they could not afford it. Sad thread to read for me.

D

Deleted member 4439

Nowt wrong with the 67 Bar either.

If you know our hsitory 67 was an historically significant year for us too. Only 2nd to 1987.

I'd say that 67 was the greater achievement and the greater event (though not the greater occasion).

torchomatic

For one season and for maybe another couple then yes, I was. It was temporary.

For someone who apparently disagrees with Wasps you expend an awful lot of energy on deflecting criticism of them.

Edit: why should you care what colour they are you were quite happy sitting on Red ones last season.

D

Deleted member 4439

True but more of us remember 87 then 67.

TBH, don't remember much of it myself, and I'm sure that as a 7 year old nipper the significance was lost on me! Was never tall enough to see much of the game from the Spion Kop anyway!

skybluetony176

Just about to mention the same thing. He's believed or not believed as it suits.

Personally I don't believe a word he says until it happens. Currently on that list is the move to Suxfields. No wait? I've almost thought of another ?????? No, it's gone.

If you could do an official list of what comes out of his mouth and what is and what isn't to be believed that would be most helpful and stop a lot of bickering in the process. Once you've done it perhaps Nick could pin it so we all have it for reference. Cheers.

letsallsingtogether

For one season and for maybe another couple then yes, I was. It was temporary.

For someone who apparently disagrees with Wasps you expend an awful lot of energy on deflecting criticism of them.

Me deflecting.:laugh:

From someone who says Sisu have a part in this.......
Coming from you that's a beauty.:laugh:

That has really made my day can go away happy now:)

chiefdave

Rather worryingly it's also being reported on the Wasps forum that they've been told at their fans forums that a new 3G pitch is going down in the summer. Given that the FL don't allow 3G pitches that's going to be a bit of a problem for us if it is true.

pusbccfc

Although I'd back a new stadium now, I can't help but think how useless a 15,000 seater stadium would be for 6 days of the week.

It's hardly like it will compete with the Ricoh for conferences and exhibitions is it?

Block19

Hull, Swansea, huddersfield, Wigan all share there grounds with rugger sides so why can't we. Nothing changed from the club point of view just the landlords.
Wasps don't want to upset coventry fans as they need the income and I think they want to attract people to the football on the Saturday and to the rugger on a Sunday. All look like minor changes to the ground and if they gave real ale in the ground that's a good move

italiahorse

At least we are playing in a stadium in Coventry for the foreseeable future.

Not going to bother me too much. Will still renew my season ticket and will therefore stll sit in the seat I have always sat in.

I was never interested in the ownership of the stadium, I just wanted to watch the football.
Surely the stadium will be worse for Wasps with all those Sky Blue seats?

SIR ERNIE

Although I'd back a new stadium now, I can't help but think how useless a 15,000 seater stadium would be for 6 days of the week.

It's hardly like it will compete with the Ricoh for conferences and exhibitions is it?

Don't worry about it.

SISU will never ever build a new stadium.

Never ever.

Forget it.

Grendel

Don't worry about it.

SISU will never ever build a new stadium.

Never ever.

Forget it.

I know - they will just have to go and find one someone else built for them - parasites eh?

skybluefred

Like it or not Wasps are doing a fantastic marketing job, in fact just like CCFC should have been doing. They are leaving nothing to chance
in making sure the their fans enjoy the Ricoh experience,making sure they will want to return. This should all of been for CCFC's benefit,
but we all know that (pity our owners didn't recognise it).

With marketing like that Wasps will rapidly climb to the very top of the Rugby Union world.

Nick

Administrator
Like it or not Wasps are doing a fantastic marketing job, in fact just like CCFC should have been doing. They are leaving nothing to chance
in making sure the their fans enjoy the Ricoh experience,making sure they will want to return. This should all of been for CCFC's benefit,

With marketing like that Wasps will rapidly climb to the very top of the Rugby Union world.
Does marketing win games??? That is where we go wrong

Grendel

How many tickets "sold" now then?

quinn1971

theres a game of guess who going on on Twitter, somebody's found out there's an old coventry face on the wasps board, was sat with them at the game Saturday.... Is it Eric Allan Bob or Bill ???

Como

It all links together. Wasps sponsorship deal is much better. Now they are here I would expect the naming rights to be worth more. Players want to be associated with a good brand.

Grendel

It all links together. Wasps sponsorship deal is much better. Now they are here I would expect the naming rights to be worth more. Players want to be associated with a good brand.

No they don't -- footballers at Newcastle has Wonga as a sponsor -- I saw no objections

skybluefred

successful marketing produces huge income which in turn enables the improvement of the end product.
in CCFC's case that means money to invest in players who are good enough to improve our current
diabolical performances into winning ones.The major effect this has is crowd numbers turning up
to support,they increase and so does the revenue which means even more money for squad improvement.

Now I could go on and on but i'm sure that even your's and Grendels mind can understand the points made.

Users who are viewing this thread