Match Thread U23s v Bristol City, PDL Final 17 May (1 Viewer)

steve101

Impressed with Dinanga's defensive side. Bapaga looked confident receiving the ball. McGrath my motm though. Looks a proper defender.

Sky Blue Harry H

Felt a bit ragged in the second half - we were like a lower league team battling to hold off a higher league team in the FA Cup (great commitment, though) Really pleased for them.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Apologies if it has already been answered but, does this win come with a promotion to the next youth level?

slowpoke

Been good end to season by a number of teams below the first team, U/16s & U/18s lost in cup-finals both against Ipswich and now this victory bodes well.

hamil99

Facebook User
Felt a bit ragged in the second half - we were like a lower league team battling to hold off a higher league team in the FA Cup (great commitment, though) Really pleased for them.

They're second goal rattled us, but i still think we showed good composer! (Excluding extra time which was nerve wracking!)

hamil99

Facebook User
The step up to first team football is huge

That's true, even more so now we are looking upwards in the championship, and, in general I would have to agree with you, it's unlikely all 3 will be first team quality, but I've had a couple beers so they are all going to be cov legends 🤣🤣

play_in_skyblue_stripes

That is a great result. Having been generally unimpressed on my visit to Wigan to see U23's , I'm glad to be proven wrong. A great reward for the effort shown over season and really special for the players who aren't staying and to go out on a real high.

slowpoke

That's true, even more so now we are looking upwards in the championship, and, in general I would have to agree with you, it's unlikely all 3 will be first team quality, but I've had a couple beers so they are all going to be cov legends 🤣🤣
Never seen him play but I think Rus is highly thought of.

better days

Howley, Dinanga and Bapaga stood out for me. Maybe we don't need as many signings next year as we thought.
Robins doesn't use young players too often
Only Sam McCullum has broken through and become a regular that I can remember
But I guess Josh Eccles would have played a lot more if he hadn't been injured

hamil99

Facebook User
Robins doesn't use young players too often
Only Sam McCullum has broken through and become a regular that I can remember
But I guess Josh Eccles would have played a lot more if he hadn't been injured

Out of those three though, you'd expect howley to be in and around the first team next year for sure. Some of his passing today was sublime, and strong on the ball.

Users who are viewing this thread