U18/U21 Development Thread (5 Viewers)

larry_david

So with Andrew and obiwku signing new deals today and JO getting a loan to league two. Is there anyone else in tjr u23 who could be getting beneficial loans during Jan.

Personally I think Rus needs to be playing higher than Chorley and considering they said league 1-2 teams were after him on loan, this now surely has to happen.

slowpoke

They are at an age where it’s trying to get on the full time pro football ladder, might not be here but the profesional leagues in England go a good way down and there’s Scotland.
They will have agents breevering away for them.
It’s a tough business.

Sbarcher

Doesn’t seem to be too many knocking on the 1st team door. On Saturday Eccles in the team with Tavares on the bench.

Manchester_sky_blue

I'm surprised we haven't recalled him tbh. But he did start their last game so hopefully he's in favour.
I was thinking the same as he's fairly attacking so the fact we haven't recalled him might suggest more forward players are incoming.

We could do with a news round up of everyone who's out on loan, I've lost track a bit.

larry_david

I was thinking the same as he's fairly attacking so the fact we haven't recalled him might suggest more forward players are incoming.

We could do with a news round up of everyone who's out on loan, I've lost track a bit.
Burroughs season at Lincoln, made something like 23 appearances

Howley season at Dundee, 9 appearances I think about 3 are starts.

Rus was at Chorley for the month, made about 9 appearances with about 3 goals and a couple of assists. I believe this loan as now ended and I expect him out to a league 2 team shortly

Di Trollo out on loan at Bishop Stortford, national league South. His loan may have just expired. Started every game for them in the month he was there. Only 18 years old, potential I believe.

Justin obwiku on loan at Grimsby for the season now. Terrific move for him, he came on 85th min against County I'm that 5-5 game which actually went on to the 101st min so he ended up nearly 20 mins which was a good start.

I'd like to see others go out but not sure if they will. Cian Tyler was supposed to get a season at a league 1-2 club but he injured his wrist in pre season and hasn't been back since.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Rus was at Chorley for the month, made about 9 appearances with about 3 goals and a couple of assists. I believe this loan as now ended and I expect him out to a league 2 team shortly

Di Trollo out on loan at Bishop Stortford, national league South. His loan may have just expired. Started every game for them in the month he was there. Only 18 years old, potential I believe.

Justin obwiku on loan at Grimsby for the season now. Terrific move for him, he came on 85th min against County I'm that 5-5 game which actually went on to the 101st min so he ended up nearly 20 mins which was a good start.

I'd like to see others go out but not sure if they will. Cian Tyler was supposed to get a season at a league 1-2 club but he injured his wrist in pre season and hasn't been back since.
Our young keepers have suffered in that respect recently. Bilson was supposed to do that and got injured first game. Seemed to completely ruin his development and fell out of favour before being released.

larry_david

Our young keepers have suffered in that respect recently. Bilson was supposed to do that and got injured first game. Seemed to completely ruin his development and fell out of favour before being released.
Yeah think he's quit football now too.

Not sure on the status of Tyler?
We've been unlucky with Isaac Moore doing his acl and so has Batawani too. If you remember end of last season he was on fire for u23s and was talked of as breaking through this year then got hacked down two footed from behind at the friendly against nuneaton

Manchester_sky_blue

Thanks that's helpful.

Di Trolio's youth loan only expired today so assume he will go out again this window

larry_david

Thanks that's helpful.

Di Trolio's youth loan only expired today so assume he will go out again this window

One we missed was Callum Perry getting a month at AFC Rushden and Diamonds - youth loan which they didn't announce but the comments on twitter when he left were very positive. He played left back if seems. @SlowerThanPlatt with the find!

regarding Rus, yes he absolutely has to go out to a league team now and Di Trolio started every game on his loan. Again, I imagine a loan higher is on the cards.

Manchester_sky_blue

One slight oddity from yesterday, Rus didn't play for the U21's against Wigan so I assumed he would be on the bench for the first team against Sheff Wed but it was Stretton on the bench instead.

Can't find any report of Rus being injured so assume he's gone back out on loan but it's just not been announced for whatever reason?

Wiseoldfool

One slight oddity from yesterday, Rus didn't play for the U21's against Wigan so I assumed he would be on the bench for the first team against Sheff Wed but it was Stretton on the bench instead.

Can't find any report of Rus being injured so assume he's gone back out on loan but it's just not been announced for whatever reason?
He's on loan at Chorley

Manchester_sky_blue

Not sure it has think he got permission to play the cup games which are not EFL games playing official EFL while on loan I don’t think is allowed.
But as I said I’m not sure.

I got my dates slightly wrong, loan actually ended 8th Jan according to that ⤴️

I can't find any statement that he's gone out on loan again. Could be injured but that hasn't been reported either.

Users who are viewing this thread