U18/U21 Development Thread (15 Viewers)

larry_david

I got my dates slightly wrong, loan actually ended 8th Jan according to that ⤴️

I can't find any statement that he's gone out on loan again. Could be injured but that hasn't been reported either.
I notice Di Trolio was back yesterday, played for Stortford up until Saturday just gone which was initially a month and must have been extended.

No Andrews, Lusala or Egosha either in the squad.

Also Cian Tyler signed a new deal, was gonna go on loan to a league 1-2 team and got injured in pre season and not played since.

Manchester_sky_blue

I notice Di Trolio was back yesterday, played for Stortford up until Saturday just gone which was initially a month and must have been extended.

No Andrews, Lusala or Egosha either in the squad.

Also Cian Tyler signed a new deal, was gonna go on loan to a league 1-2 team and got injured in pre season and not played since.
Andrews and Eghosa are both training with the first team squad along with Stretton. No idea where Lusala is.

slowpoke

I know Cian Tyler has a nasty wrist injury which obviously ain’t a lot of good for a goalie.
Fingers crossed he gets over it he’s a good lad and that loan would have done him good.

procdoc

How many of the current U21/U18 have the potential to make it at us? I know Eghosa signed a new contract, how good is he?

TomRad85

How many of the current U21/U18 have the potential to make it at us? I know Eghosa signed a new contract, how good is he?
Tbf I was doing a bit of catching up on them the other day as I realised I was out of the loop. The U21s setup is clearly something we need to improve but tbf the likes of Moore, Eghosa, Andrews are all still teenagers so it's probably hard to tell just yet.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Hertsccfc

With the number of matches we have coming up and Sheaf and Allen out I would have thought there is a chance one or two of them will be getting some minutes in the first team in coming weeks. Great opportunities there for them.

Manchester_sky_blue

So it's Lusala and Stretton that have made the bench for Millwall today. Stretton is unsurprising as he's made the bench quite a few times now but Lusala is unexpected. We knew something was happening with him as he's been AWOL from the youth teams but very surprised he's got the nod ahead of Rus and Eghosa.

larry_david

So it's Lusala and Stretton that have made the bench for Millwall today. Stretton is unsurprising as he's made the bench quite a few times now but Lusala is unexpected. We knew something was happening with him as he's been AWOL from the youth teams but very surprised he's got the nod ahead of Rus and Eghosa.
Is he any good? He went on loan last season to a very low team who I can't remember.

In an article a few months ago the youth coach had him as another to go out on loan this season but obv hasn't happened.

I'm assuming Rus and Egosha will go out to national league or N/S soon

Winny the Bish

Lusala i'm assuming is on there just because he's a defender.

slowpoke

Is he any good? He went on loan last season to a very low team who I can't remember.

In an article a few months ago the youth coach had him as another to go out on loan this season but obv hasn't happened.

I'm assuming Rus and Egosha will go out to national league or N/S soon
No

skybluecam

Why? He’s played at that level before. He’s ex spurs academy. He’s not a competition winner.
It's a chance at an FA Cup quarter final, not the time for someone with a handful of step 7 appearances.

Lusala is never going to make it anyway. He's 21 already, needs to be playing first team football.

shmmeee

It's a chance at an FA Cup quarter final, not the time for someone with a handful of step 7 appearances.

Lusala is never going to make it anyway. He's 21 already, needs to be playing first team football.

Wete playing a team with a handful of step 7 appearances. If we can’t manage one 20 year old of a similar level and still win then we’ve got problems. But if he resting MvE and Saka as much as possible and this is an obvious candidate.

Manchester_sky_blue

Burroughs out for 2-3 weeks with ankle injury at Lincoln

Howley hasn't been in the squad since going off injured 3 games ago
And Obikwu still only getting 5 mins at the very end for Grimsby. Even against Stockport when they were 3-0 down inside 29 mins he didn't come on until the 83rd minute.

Not great for any of our loanees at the moment.

larry_david

And Obikwu still only getting 5 mins at the very end for Grimsby. Even against Stockport when they were 3-0 down inside 29 mins he didn't come on until the 83rd minute.

Not great for any of our loanees at the moment.
Yeah i'm worried about JO's start at Grimsby. I understand it's his first professional game time but a few games now they've been chasing the game and they'd only brought him on from about 85 mins onwards. Doesn't suggest they see anything in training to think he's a gamechanger, and more like a last desperate throw of the dice.

I did think it was quite an ambitious loan move at the time.

Manchester_sky_blue

Yeah i'm worried about JO's start at Grimsby. I understand it's his first professional game time but a few games now they've been chasing the game and they'd only brought him on from about 85 mins onwards. Doesn't suggest they see anything in training to think he's a gamechanger, and more like a last desperate throw of the dice.

I did think it was quite an ambitious loan move at the time.
In fairness from reading the match reports Grimsby only ever seem to make subs late on but you're right it is a worry. I hope we are more careful with the likes of Stretton and Andrews

Users who are viewing this thread