Tyler walker (1 Viewer)

slowpoke

He dropped him when he scored in consecutive games - not a confidence builder really
If you are going back to the games at Blackburn and Preston last season I was at both and you are correct in saying Walker scored goals in each game the one at Preston was a well taken effort and he was denied a clear cut penalty too but other than those goals he was poor and it’s a sign of strong good management to see the overall situation and make correct and brave decisions.
Doubt if Kenny Jackett would have done that.

Evo1883

I've just looked at a thread in question and 1 poster says godden isn't any better than baka , hiwula and biamou , and he won't do it In the championship 😂
Same poster still gives him 5 ot 6 out of 10 no matter what most weeks
In that thread the same arguments about godden are being used here still ..

Over 3 years old that thread

clint van damme

I've just looked at a thread in question and 1 poster says godden isn't any better than baka , hiwula and biamou , and he won't do it In the championship 😂
Same poster still gives him 5 ot 6 out of 10 no matter what most weeks
In that thread the same arguments about godden are being used here still ..

Over 3 years old that thread

Name and shame (unless it's me)

Hertsccfc

If you are going back to the games at Blackburn and Preston last season I was at both and you are correct in saying Walker scored goals in each game the one at Preston was a well taken effort and he was denied a clear cut penalty too but other than those goals he was poor and it’s a sign of strong good management to see the overall situation and make correct and brave decisions.
Doubt if Kenny Jackett would have done that.
And more importantly Godden was only not playing because he was suspended. In the match before the suspension he and Gyokeres had destroyed top of the table Fulham. It would have been totally irrational to leave out Gyokeres or Godden for Walker.

Evo1883

If it's me I can take it ;)

(Although fairly sure it's not - I like a ludicrous opinion, but would plead drunkenness if that was mine!)
Not you , doesn't matter as opinions aren't binary , except this opinion definitely is still the same

NorthernWisdom

Not you , doesn't matter as opinions aren't binary , except this opinion definitely is still the same
They're not, which is where sometimes you windmill in a bit deciding everyone who wants Walker to play ahead of Godden because of current form automatically thinks Godden's shit ;)

FWIW, Godden deserves enough space to have a rough patch now and again, and that doesn't mean he's finished. My main concern is how much he gets injured rather than if he can contribute to the squad when fit - pretty similar to Dabo really.

Evo1883

They're not, which is where sometimes you windmill in a bit deciding everyone who wants Walker to play ahead of Godden because of current form automatically thinks Godden's shit ;)

FWIW, Godden deserves enough space to have a rough patch now and again, and that doesn't mean he's finished. My main concern is how much he gets injured rather than if he can contribute to the squad when fit - pretty similar to Dabo really.
Dabo gets a rough ride too on here

Flying Fokker

I've had these arguments with people about godden since the day he arrived ..

Think about that for a second , I've had to defend a striker that fired us to promotion , when I was told by some pretty big posters on here that still give godden a 5 out of 10 no matter what he does , that biamou is better .

Season after season , its only penalties , its only tap ins , he only chases down defenders , he works hard but only completed 18 passes ..

I've had these arguments with people for his entire time here ..FACT

Some of our fans have NEVER liked him
And if I might say, people can be wrong! I don’t recall myself dissing Godden or Walker.

The main comments about Godden seem to have been compounded by his absences through injury. Walker‘s injuries haven’t helped either. We’ve never seen him string a few games together.

Jones seems to have been a class player. Never read much about how crap he could be.

slowpoke

And if I might say, people can be wrong! I don’t recall myself dissing Godden or Walker.

The main comments about Godden seem to have been compounded by his absences through injury. Walker‘s injuries haven’t helped either. We’ve never seen him string a few games together.

Jones seems to have been a class player. Never read much about how crap he could be.
Remember one long term absence was illness (appendicitis) 9 matches I believe, that’s not injury and another what was described by Robins as a rare difficult to treat injury to the sole of his foot. This injury prone label is a bit much imo.

Ashdown

Whatever happens with Vik I sincerely hope we are not left relying on the likes of Godden or Walker .

Evo1883

Feels like I’m losing my mind reading this, I thought Godden was extremely popular with our fans? Singing his name as he left the pitch yesterday, as seems to happen most games…
I'm part of that mob , and I do appreciate him

PVA

The disrespect Godden gets

ShyYellowDeinonychus-size_restricted.gif

RegTheDonk

MR doesn't have many options other than starting with one of them, or bringing one/both of them on at some point. On past performances, I'd take a fit Godden myself and this is presumably why MR goes with him. Tyler did score back to back but we're not privvy to what goes on in training, so maybe there is a reason why he wasn't the preferred choice - and why he went out on loan. He didn't shine there either which is unfortunate for him and us. Great team performance yesterday but a tap in and (finally) some emotion to the crowd doesn't cut it for me, sorry.

rob9872

I'm not wumming, I'd honestly prefer Max who has done nothing since being let go.

He offers so little when he doesn't score and doesn't score enough. He's worse than Baka and I'm amazed he's anywhere near the squad. The season he was joint top scorer it was with 7 goals in 31, days more about us as a side. Since then he's 2 in 30.

Not good enough and a waste of a wage.
First time I've criticised one of our own in so long but I do find him frustrating. Serves me right though as I'm quick enough to moan at the rest of you having a go at our players, so I'm pleased my little pep talk worked 😉

JonesBob

Feels like I’m losing my mind reading this, I thought Godden was extremely popular with our fans? Singing his name as he left the pitch yesterday, as seems to happen most games…
Having a few egocentrics on here spouting out their drizzle does not mean the majority of fans, who do not read these threads, think the same way. If technology had been around 40 years ago, when Hatton Hospital was here, a fair few would be patients there by now.

stupot07

It isn't disrespectful to say he's been pretty anonymous starting games, some of it isn't even really down to him. I would bet he's pretty pissed off at his lack of involvement in the penalty area given the type of player he is.

He didn't have a single shot against Preston, and only had 1 speculative effort from 20 yards that was blocked by the defender yesterday. That's 1 blocked shot from 20 yards in 130 minutes of football in his last 2 starts.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

PVA

It isn't disrespectful to say he's been pretty anonymous starting games, some of it isn't even really down to him. I would bet he's pretty pissed off at his lack of involvement in the penalty area given the type of player he is.

I'm not referring to recent performances I'm talking about his overall contribution to the club where some people still don't rate him and seem to think Walker is better. It's nuts.

Sick Boy

I'm not referring to recent performances I'm talking about his overall contribution to the club where some people still don't rate him and seem to think Walker is better. It's nuts.
Can you point out where that's been said?

PVA

It's nuts that questioning his contribution in the last few games is seen as somehow calling in to question his whole sky blue career.

But that is what's happening. I can't be bothered to repeat what @Evo1883 has been saying throughout the thread but Godden gets so much shit for not contributing throughout his time here.

Apparently he's not contributed in the last few games... Yet set up the winning goal in the previous game despite only being on for 10 mins

clint van damme

But that is what's happening. I can't be bothered to repeat what @Evo1883 has been saying throughout the thread but Godden gets so much shit for not contributing throughout his time here.

Apparently he's not contributed in the last few games... Yet set up the winning goal in the previous game despite only being on for 10 mins

For several of us that's exactly what we've done

Users who are viewing this thread