Tyler walker (1 Viewer)

slowpoke

Amazing, we go to Huddersfield with a kinder-garden squad, four teenagers fks! 3 in the starting line up plus young Josh Eccles we turnover one of last seasons play-off teams with a possible new manager bounce 4-0 on their muck heap yet the topic on here is negativity from the usual expert suspects, Matty Godden, not being good enough and one tap in goal in five bit games Tyler Walker is a the better bet, god give me strength,
That isn’t me knocking Walker I had high hopes of him, no one more than me would love him to start knocking in goals on a regular basis.

Evo1883

I've had these arguments with people about godden since the day he arrived ..

Think about that for a second , I've had to defend a striker that fired us to promotion , when I was told by some pretty big posters on here that still give godden a 5 out of 10 no matter what he does , that biamou is better .

Season after season , its only penalties , its only tap ins , he only chases down defenders , he works hard but only completed 18 passes ..

I've had these arguments with people for his entire time here ..FACT

Some of our fans have NEVER liked him

NortonSkyBlue

I guess people have some sympathy with him. A lot of strikers Robins signs seem to just be signed with zero thought what to do when he have. He’s signed duds but also players who can clearly get goals but were never used in the way they got goals - Walker joint Chaplin and Clarke Harris in that list
And yet we improve season on season....

Hertsccfc

IMO, he links up better with him generally compared to Godden and they complement each other better, despite having had less opportunity to play together. Godden has also been anonymous in recent games.
Godden has provided assists for two goals for Gyokeres in just over two games. There have been so many goals in the last two years involving both of them together. It's nonsense to say they don't work together. Having said that Godden doesn't look sharp yet and Aalker deserves his chance.

Evo1883

Godden has provided assists for two goals for Gyokeres in just over two games. There have been so many goals in the last two years involving both of them together. It's nonsense to say they don't work together. Having said that Godden doesn't look sharp yet and Aalker deserves his chance.
This forum is mental

NorthernWisdom

I agree.

This is what I don't get, suggesting Walker should start over Godden in the next game does not equate to Godden is shit, does it?

Grendel

Yeah, let's just shutdown any kind of debate.

Especially as he said Gyokeres wasn’t cut out for the premier league and was a poor finisher

Bad Boy

Yeah it's all well and good saying '
Walker is talented he just hasn't had a fair crack of the whip, but there's a reason he hasn't had much game time - he hasn't been good enough when he has played.

That being said, I would start him over Godden next game.
And let's not forget MR has seen him in training day day after day for some considerable time now so clearly he hasn't got much belief in him.

Grendel

I've had this debate since godden came , it's never been shut down

I don’t think many said biamou was better surely

Grendel

And let's not forget MR has seen him in training day day after day for some considerable time now so clearly he hasn't got much belief in him.

He dropped him when he scored in consecutive games - not a confidence builder really

Grendel

My feelings on vik have been made clear for some time now .

I was referring to Herts - he said it in the millwall thread

Evo1883

I was referring to Herts - he said it in the millwall thread
Well if we were going to pick any weakness of vik (there aren't many ) it's his finishing , but even that's improved .. could have scored 30 last season

Hertsccfc

I agree.

This is what I don't get, suggesting Walker should start over Godden in the next game does not equate to Godden is shit, does it?
I don't think Godden is fully fit. Walker will have extra confidence after the goal so play him. But Godden has been a great player for us.

fernandopartridge

Think about that for a second , I've had to defend a striker that fired us to promotion , when I was told by some pretty big posters on here that still give godden a 5 out of 10 no matter what he does , that biamou is better .

Season after season , its only penalties , its only tap ins , he only chases down defenders , he works hard but only completed 18 passes ..

I like Godden but I think you've got to recognise that his age and a succession of injuries are not helping him, he's not contributing much at all at the minute so it's only fair to look at alternatives

NorthernWisdom

I don't think Godden is fully fit. Walker will have extra confidence after the goal so play him. But Godden has been a great player for us.
Again, agree. As I said earlier it's clear Robins relies on a small core come what may, and Godden and Dabo are in there. It's great they're committed enough to play come what may, but I don't necessarily think that does either of them any favours on an individual basis, as they sometimes have poor runs of form that aren't necessarily due to their ability, more their desire to help the team when maybe they need a bit longer to get up to speed.

clint van damme

This maybe so, but the fact is Godden has been poor since his return from injury.
I do wonder if his injuries have taken their toll, hopefully not.

slowpoke

If he can Robins picks what he thinks is his best team, everyone fit yesterdays team would have looked a lot different, in my opinion that would include Matty Godden.

Evo1883

I like Godden but I think you've got to recognise that his age and a succession of injuries are not helping him, he's not contributing much at all at the minute so it's only fair to look at alternatives

I want form players playing whilst we chase the playoffs

We are winning matches , the 5th best team in the league over the last 30 matches , il back whoever the manager picks to help us get a result, godden or walker

SkyBlueMatt

It was great to see him score and it can only be a positive. A goal that will raise one of our players confidence that could lead to better performances. Which is vital as we've got some important games coming up and struggling with injuries.

I'm not getting involved in the whole "who's better" debate as it just invites people to slag off players.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Evo1883

1 in 6 walker, biamou was slandered for the same

nobody cared about minutes played when we was talking about max
Ice T React GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Hertsccfc

1 in 6 walker, biamou was slandered for the same

nobody cared about minutes played when we was talking about max
Ice T React GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
2 in 39 for Waghorn. Grendel was upset we sold him yet he wants us to get rid if Godden. I don't know why anyone listens to him.

Brighton Sky Blue

Walker needs confidence as much as he needs regular game time. If we are to pull off a minor miracle and make the top 6 we need him on form just as much as anyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread